It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,443)

Showing posts 108,841 - 108,860 of127,239
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Pi is not mentioned one single time in the bible. That is a lie.
Mind your 9th commandment, Marky Boy.

Circumference divided by diameter = pi.
(Pi = 3.141592...)

1 Kings 7:23
30 cubits divided by 10 cubits = 3

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
I don't. I tell the truth, and you don't like it, so you insult it. In the words of Harry TRuman, "I don't give you hell, I give you the truth and you think it's hell!"
You arrogantly believe that you have the truth while having made no real effort to obtain it.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't. I tell the truth, and you don't like it, so you insult it. In the words of Harry TRuman, "I don't give you hell, I give you the truth and you think it's hell!"
That would be "Truth with a K," of course.
Mind your 9th commandment, Marky Boy. You get insulted when you don't.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>

“It's clearly different from the genome of any human alive today, sprinkled with many distinctive mutations.”

That’s a quote from the cited PBS site. That quote IS saying that the Neanderthals were NOT human. Would you agree?
Not even close. You said that the site said that neanderthals were not human, but just like human from non-human evolution and the fossile evidence you claim exists, you interpret it that way. It NEVER SAID neanderthals where non-human and you were dishonest in your claim hoping I wouldn't read it. Let's continue....
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text> Would you agree that the sentence answers the question of “Were the Neanderthals human?
NO!!!
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that we can and did interbreed with them tells us that we both came from a common ancestor,
No it doesn't, it says we are both human, the very fact that you are trying to avoid.
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Go to your closest college and get in touch with a evolutionary biologist, or do some further searching on the internet if you don’t believe me.
I JUST READ THE SITE YOU POSTED!!!!
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re not believing my statement that the evidence from science is closing in on you is moot. Your position as a YEC is under attack and losing.
I am not a YEC.
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text> You may not see it, but I can easily observe it by keeping up with science.
You can't even keep up if I am a young earth creationist or not.
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>

So, I say what I wrote earlier stands.
You can say anything you want. I just proved you dishonest, and what stands is that your site never said that neanderthals were not human as you claimed.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
(Pi = 3.141592...)
Show me where it says Pi is 3. It is giving the measurements of a structure, and says nothing about pi. To say that pi is in the bible is a lie, and you told it. Just like the fossil record, you make up your fantasies and then believe them yourself. Like I said, the bible never mentions pi, and you continue to prove me right.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogantly believe that you have the truth while having made no real effort to obtain it.
You have no idea of the effort I put forth in anything. You guys continue to prove me correct this morning. You say that the fossil record supports human from non-human evolution, when the truth is it can't. All it can do is show that something once existed, died, and left an image of itself. THe rest is interpretation and this morning you guys are displaying how inept you are at interpretation. You "interpret" my level of effort, but I'm not like you, effort is my nic name!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be "Truth with a K," of course.
Mind your 9th commandment, Marky Boy. You get insulted when you don't.
That doesn't even make sense.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're not that smart. I don't represent him either. He speaks for himself through the bible. You ought to read it.
Didn't you mean: "I don't represent Him either. He speaks for Himself through the Bible."
(Can't help it - I'd rather be a smart a** than a dumb a**)
You are the one who interprets the Bible in effort to substantiate your position. The non-religious posters evaluate the biblical text in objective and literal terms without biasing - that is to say, they are not the ones who have been putting words in God's mouth.
Mind your 3rd commandment, Marky Boy.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where it says Pi is 3. It is giving the measurements of a structure, and says nothing about pi. To say that pi is in the bible is a lie, and you told it. Just like the fossil record, you make up your fantasies and then believe them yourself. Like I said, the bible never mentions pi, and you continue to prove me right.
More creative editing of God's Word, Marky Boy? And yet you don't put words in His mouth to promote yourself in this forum? I keep telling you to mind your commandments, Marky Boy. Remember Matt. 5:19

"And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."

A round tank, 10 cubits across, but only 30 cubits round about. Do the math.
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Cal culator

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

marksman11 wrote:
You have no idea of the effort I put forth in anything.
Sorry. I can only estimate your lack of effort based on the pitiful results.
marksman11 wrote:
You guys continue to prove me correct this morning. You say that the fossil record supports human from non-human evolution, when the truth is it can't. All it can do is show that something once existed, died, and left an image of itself. THe rest is interpretation...
Seems like if the fossils were arranged according to age, one might be able to see (interpret) a pattern of development.

Are you bewildered by movies because they are just a bunch of still pictures that you have to interpret?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is why I check objective references rather than just listen to you.
Your assessment of objective got you the wrong answer. Perhaps you should rethink which end of the horse you prefer.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you tried.
I posted it again.
This page or the former page.
I wrote WATER twice so you would notice even though it was not directly posted to you.
If i had not done that now, i cold have simply scrolled to it.
Now i have to repost, because you do not read post that are not directed to you.
Thank you for the repost. I am reviewing the thesis.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are insane.
That perception is a risk one takes when being unwaveringly insistent upon sticking with data rather than bowing to well-meaning assertions.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was rejected by Jesus' followers. He was the first Christian heretic (who John(?) labels 'false prophet'. All followers who acknowledge Paul are, by definition, heretics.
There are many religions not well received by society. Muslims, Jews, ATHEISTS, SDAs, Christian Scientists, Mormans,.....
As to the JW cult you guys DO get a few things right:
- denial of the Trinity
- denial of deity of Christ
- denial of physical resurrection.
You do down hill fast from there, however.
Things you get wrong are legion:
- Mistranslations of many words including YHWH
- revisionist history (including JW history)
- false prophecies
- what happens after death (more the inconsistency than the dogma)
- 144,000.... enough said.
- Whole nonsense about immortal vs. everlasting life (yes, I have read the nonsense, it is guano crazy).
- New World Translation (again enough said).
many, many, many more.
I'll respond to any point for which you provide data. For example, as an indication of the degree of present general disdain for the Mormon religion, you could have cited the fact that the Republican Presidential nominee was a Mormon.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll respond to any point for which you provide data. For example, as an indication of the degree of present general disdain for the Mormon religion, you could have cited the fact that the Republican Presidential nominee was a Mormon.
I haven't seen Willard posting any wild and unsubstantiated pseudoscience or outlandish theological "truths" in this forum. Until he does, JW's and evangelicals will have to stand in for the Latter Day Saints. Hope you don't mind. Hey, if you're feeling a little outnumbered, maybe give a shout out to Paul Ryan to bring in the Roman Catholic viewpoint - that's always entertaining, too.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
(Pi = 3.141592...)
Ah, i know that one.
Let's see what a scientist and torah rabbi states on this issue:
quote:
The Torah is absolute and immutable, and there are many examples of how the Torah reflects a deeper scientific wisdom. Here's one:

The verse says: "[King Solomon] made a molten sea of 10 cubits from rim to rim, with a round circumference, five cubits in height, and a 30-cubit line of circumference." (1-Kings 7:23, 2-Chronicles 4:2)

The verse describes King Solomon's pool as a circular structure with a circumference of 30 cubits and a diameter of 10 cubits. Thus: 30 divided by 10 equals 3. This value is considered a very primitive approximation of Pi.

Historians have generally attributed the first close approximation of Pi to the Egyptians, in their construction of the Great Pyramid, as described by Abbe Moreux in his "La Science Mysterieuse des Pharaons" (Paris, 1923).

Now let's look at the writings of The Vilna Gaon (18th century Lithuania), who writes:

In each of the two Biblical verses describing King Solomon's pool, the word for "line" is written differently. What is the possible reason? If we take the gematria (numerical value) of the two spellings, we find something very significant.

The word "line" in 1-Kings 7:23 is spelled Kuf-Vav-Heh, which equals a numerical value of 111. The word "line" in 2-Chronicles 4:2 is spelled Kuf-Vav, a numerical value of 106.

If you calculate the ratio of these two values to four decimal places (1.0472), then multiply by 3 (the biblical value of Pi in its simple reading), the result is 3.1416 - the precise mathematic value of Pi, correct to four decimal places.

Many scientists acknowledge the deeper scientific truths of Torah. I recommend reading the writings of Dr. Gerald Schroeder, author of Genesis and the Big Bang, The Science of God, and The Hidden Face of God.

end quote.

As stated before,i sometimes let things slip, given the ardent attempts to educate.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
More creative editing of God's Word, Marky Boy? And yet you don't put words in His mouth to promote yourself in this forum? I keep telling you to mind your commandments, Marky Boy. Remember Matt. 5:19
"And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about."
A round tank, 10 cubits across, but only 30 cubits round about. Do the math.
Start>All Programs>Accessories>Cal culator
He pretends to be a stickler for facts but nevertheless get's the entire calculation from Daniel to actually ~180 BC wrong ( He ends with jesus ofcourse)
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran is EXACTLY as "without error" as the bible. Muslims rationalizations for the truth of the Koran are no wilder than what many Christians pose as true. And there are fewer known errors in the Koran as compared to the bible.
I prefer to be a rational Christian and will acknowledge the errors, inaccuracies, contradictions of the bible (many of which disappear once literalism is out of the picture). It is a book and was written by men. How can anyone expect it to be perfect.
WHY would any rational person even EXPECT it to be perfect?
A rational person wouldn't expect a book written over about 1500 years by about 40 contributors to be error free. That would be like a rational person accepting an assertion as true without having confirming data. That's also why it would be quite significant if no one could provide confirming data proving the book to be in error anywhere.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
???? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I am forced, based on what I have observed here, to assume you are joking.
A good step toward resolution would be to provide a selection of a few demonstrably blatantly erroneous posts of mine.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
Feigning Alzheimer's is not a spiritual principle, KAB.
There's no confirming data for anything there, just a list of dataless assertions which by themselves are worthless. I realize that finding data takes work whereas spewing assertion does not, but rational people want to see confirming data from those lazy enough to try getting by with only the assertions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,841 - 108,860 of127,239
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••