It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160955 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#110757 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Mot that you'd understand.
I understand that you attempted to deflect the discussion to some thing else. We were discussing the destinction between abiogenesis and evolution when you started puking all that crap about chemical evolution.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#110758 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Word games are irrelevant. Irrelevant sounds like elephant. Elephants are stupid, thus your word games are stupid.
Now *THAT* was stupid.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110759 Feb 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Of course. I'm sure the next time you or your family needs major surgery you'll ask you'll request a 'doctor' that studied the bible rather than a biology text book.
Absolutely!
And you know how he sends his messages on this thread?
Through the power of the Holy Ghost!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110760 Feb 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I'm sure the next time you or your family needs major surgery you'll ask you'll request a 'doctor' that studied the bible rather than a biology text book.
THe Doctor our family uses, and he is a surgen in a very high ranking hospital, is a bible believing Christian. I wouldn't let an atheist doctor treat my dog.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110761 Feb 22, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
And you know how he sends his messages on this thread?
Through the power of the Holy Ghost!
You're walking on dangerous ground there my friend. It is obvious you don't know your scriptures.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#110762 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>THe Doctor our family uses, and he is a surgen in a very high ranking hospital, is a bible believing Christian. I wouldn't let an atheist doctor treat my dog.
So if your wife had a very serious illness, requiring immediate, major surgery and the world's leading expert surgeon was available but an atheist, you would prefer a lesser surgeon take your wife's life into his hands.

Good thinking, Marky.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#110763 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You're walking on dangerous ground there my friend. It is obvious you don't know your scriptures.
Dangerous? If your god was real most of us atheists would have been destroyed a long time ago, we have been mocking your religion for quite some time in real life.

Oh, did you know that your god is an atheist?
KAB

United States

#110764 Feb 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Verses refuting JW beliefs,#1
Hebrews 6:1-3
JWs accept and are guided by that. What's next?
KAB

United States

#110765 Feb 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't even look. What you call "data science" (clearly you looked at the URL and dismissed it outright) is wikipedia's disambiguation text for the URL. I guess one click and one minute is more trouble than it's worth to use words in the proper context. You just bore false witness in the name of preserving your faith. I'm sure God appreciates that.
You've lost me. Do you think I didn't open the link?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110766 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>THe Doctor our family uses, and he is a surgen in a very high ranking hospital, is a bible believing Christian. I wouldn't let an atheist doctor treat my dog.
A telling display of bigotry... and I'll bet your surgeon doesn't share your bias. What would you do if he recommended a competent Muslim oncologist or a non-religious cardiologist over a quack Christian one?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110767 Feb 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
So if your wife had a very serious illness, requiring immediate, major surgery and the world's leading expert surgeon was available but an atheist, you would prefer a lesser surgeon take your wife's life into his hands.
Yes
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thinking, Marky.
i think so.
KAB

United States

#110768 Feb 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your religion's core principle is not "God exists?" Fascinating. I wonder what the Watchtower folks would say about that...
Anyway, God's existence IS central to your religion. Without that premise, the entirety of the Bible is meaningless.
To the contrary, the Bible is key to establishing God's existence and defining God's thinking/qualities/character. By starting with the Bible, one can arrive at God. So God's existence becomes central to truth based and truth driven religion.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110769 Feb 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A telling display of bigotry... and I'll bet your surgeon doesn't share your bias. What would you do if he recommended a competent Muslim oncologist or a non-religious cardiologist over a quack Christian one?
He wouldn't and that is why we use him. He is a Russian name Soosaar.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110770 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dangerous? If your god was real most of us atheists would have been destroyed a long time ago, we have been mocking your religion for quite some time in real life.
That is nothing to brag about. It just shows that you are asking for what is coming.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, did you know that your god is an atheist?
(rolls eyes)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110771 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You're walking on dangerous ground there my friend. It is obvious you don't know your scriptures.
Walking on dangerous ground? You mean under ladders? Behind black cats? I've read the Bible, but I have not read Mein Kampf, yet I harbor no issue with denouncing aryanism. Sue me.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#110772 Feb 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, the Bible is key to establishing God's existence and defining God's thinking/qualities/character. By starting with the Bible, one can arrive at God. So God's existence becomes central to truth based and truth driven religion.
So you just buy an assertion without.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#110773 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That is nothing to brag about. It just shows that you are asking for what is coming.<quoted text>(rolls eyes)
Your god is an atheist, says so in your bible.
KAB

United States

#110774 Feb 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you think "if a certain person/source says it, we should just accept it until someone proves it wrong" is somehow a scientifically and logically valid means of understanding reality.
What do you mean by "certain person/source"?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#110775 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes<quoted text>i think so.
Idiotic.

I wouldn't give a crap what a doctor's beliefs were - even if they were your nutcase flavor - if they could save a life.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#110776 Feb 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He wouldn't and that is why we use him. He is a Russian name Soosaar.
What the f*ck does his nationality have to do with it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Science 67,179
Curious dilemma about DNA 23 min Subduction Zone 367
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 26 min Subduction Zone 28,655
What location did life started in? 40 min Confucius 11
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 48 min Confucius 1,766
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Subduction Zone 221,262
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Regolith Based Li... 3,531
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 10 hr replaytime 332
More from around the web