It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#110632 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Confirming data will trump my present religion every time. That's because for its foundation my religion is committed to what is confirmed.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your funniest quote to date.

http://www.casagrandebaptistchurch.com/Refuta...

The link is nearly as much gibberish as JW brainwashing, but it does point out some good stuff.

Their raking the New World "translation" over the hot coals is pretty entertaining.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110633 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
One does what one can while being careful to remain in bounds all the while.

Spoken like a true worm.

Worms do it in the dirt, baby!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#110634 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Your funniest quote to date.
http://www.casagrandebaptistchurch.com/Refuta...
The link is nearly as much gibberish as JW brainwashing, but it does point out some good stuff.
Their raking the New World "translation" over the hot coals is pretty entertaining.
"If the NWT is better because of better educated men to translate, then God left us in the dark until 1901, because the NWT is drastically different from all other translations."

Laffin!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110635 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's plants, P-L-A-N-T-S, not planets.

Honestly, I don't always know when you are joking vs. when you are just being stupid. Since you are more frequently just stupid that has to be my tentative assumption.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110636 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
Anybody can declare himself a Christian, including me, but that's not how it's determined (Daniel 6:5).
Daniel knew how to become a Christian,
even though Daniel lived in Old Testament times?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110637 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
An assertion easily proven incorrect if you can provide confirming data for even one error.

Dataless assertion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110638 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you unaware that there are content variations among Bible versions?
I enjoy having my beliefs made fun of. It provides opportunity to attempt to enlighten the ill-informed jesters. The scary ones are those that refuse to communicate about these matters. Thankfully, you're not like that.

I am afraid, if the facts be considered, that you have only made JWism look even more obviously stupid to present company.

It is just another mind control cult. Moonies track better with the data.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110639 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the reference. What do you make of the following statement from it?
"The brochure infers that there is no evidence of abiogenesis. The
source discusses the possibility of life being introduced by materials from space."
If this is not apples and oranges then please explain the continuity.

I take it as you could only find one thing on the whole page to dispute.

That is clearly a point for me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110640 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use "anything can mean anything". I've referred to the dictionary more than anyone in this forum and all for the purpose of determining and staying within proper bounds.

Also false, you use the dictionary to try to limit the meaning of words to what you want them to mean. You even quotemine the dictionary. You also avoid field specific meanings like the proverbial plague.

An assertion easily proven incorrect if you can provide confirming data for even one error.

Give it a crack.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110641 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The complete text in context does not require the existence of the earth prior to the sun (i.e., possibility of the sun existing but obscured by cloud cover, remember?).

The text does not say anything about cloud cover.

This is called Rationalization. It is a favorite defense mechanism of fundies and fundie cultists.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110642 Feb 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Per my last post - Methuselah lived on for 17 years after the Flood.
Awkward, since he wasn't on the Ark.

Actually, the math I have seen shows he died in the flood.

Still awkward.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Park City, Utah

#110643 Feb 20, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Here's you a list evolutionists should always avoid.
1...the origin of life.
2...don't admit that evolution is indeed a part of the origin of life.
3...always say your opponent doesn't grasp science, when they demand you adhere to the sciemtific method.
4...avoid attempts to explain extreme complexity unless your opponent is uneducated about the scientific method. Then befuddle them with fantasies.
5....aviod the athropic principle, if you are atheist.
6....avoid attempting to explain an evolutionary path to the two genders.
7....never attempt to explain what changed or evolved that changed a nonhuman to a human.
8....Never attempt to explain the Cabrian Explosion by citing the millions of years psuedoexplanation. It still doesn't explain these life forms showing up with no previous ancestors.
9....Never use the fossil record as evidence for human from non-human evolution. Fossils show that something once existed, died, and left an image of itself. It does not show heratige.
10...Never claim that all macroevolution is is more and more microevolution over time. Microevolution has been observed and tested. Macro...or human from non-human evolution, has never been observed in the history of the planet.
This is enuff, and more would just be bullying....
I think Thomas Robertson answered you pretty well on this subject. It's post #110673 in case you haven't seen it yet.

Don't forget its been proven that humans mated with Neanderthals (long ago) and made fertile offspring and we (non-Africans) have a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood now.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#110644 Feb 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Per my last post - Methuselah lived on for 17 years after the Flood.
Awkward, since he wasn't on the Ark.
Until there is a conclusive scientific study that human beings can't survive a year-long stay at the bottom of a miles-deep global flood, you can't say that Methuselah didn't simply live through the flood that God used to kill everything that wasn't on Noah's boat, thereby failing to do exactly what God said he was doing. I mean, sure, you might think that God would know how to effectively kill off all of humanity on Earth save for those on a giant dinghy, but apparently KAB thinks that God is either incompetent or that a human being had gills. But, remember...KAB's religion is founded upon only that which has been confirmed.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#110645 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
False dichotomy?
Um... well educated, experts in their field,....
Did you miss the quote? It specifically used one of the two choices I gave. Nothing false about that dichotomy! Who do you think I am, the Guy?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#110646 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What an oddly out of context quote.
Please explain.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110647 Feb 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the quote? It specifically used one of the two choices I gave. Nothing false about that dichotomy! Who do you think I am, the Guy?

I now assume you are joking.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110648 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the math I have seen shows he died in the flood.
Still awkward.
Answers in Genesis disagrees...

Laffin.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110649 Feb 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Until there is a conclusive scientific study that human beings can't survive a year-long stay at the bottom of a miles-deep global flood, you can't say that Methuselah didn't simply live through the flood that God used to kill everything that wasn't on Noah's boat, thereby failing to do exactly what God said he was doing. I mean, sure, you might think that God would know how to effectively kill off all of humanity on Earth save for those on a giant dinghy, but apparently KAB thinks that God is either incompetent or that a human being had gills. But, remember...KAB's religion is founded upon only that which has been confirmed.
Entertaining, innit?

And still free!
KAB

Oxford, NC

#110650 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on if you mean OT or NT. The oldest manuscript of a nearly complete bible dates to the 4th century a.d..
The great thing about old fragments is that no two of them agree.
I mean both OT and NT. That's why I used the "about" qualifier. Regarding manuscript fragments, what do you mean by "agree", letter for letter identical or same info content?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#110651 Feb 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You left off the unknown authorship of 2 Tim as well as the literal and historic context of the passage.
Also is the Rig Veda inspired by god?
The Koran?
The Gospel of Thomas?
Revelation?
Hebrews?
Job?
Ruth?
Ecclesiaticus?
Hopefully you will discern why I choose the particular examples in the above list.
It would have included that which the writer of the second letter to Timothy recognized as "scripture". This would not include the Rig Veda, Quran, Gospel of Thomas, or Ecclesiaticus, as none of these occur along with Timothy in the earliest known scripture canon, embodied in the Muratorian Fragment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min messianic114 149,104
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? 3 min The Dude 4
Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... 19 min dirtclod 575
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 176,786
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr paul porter 16,555
.com | Debunking the Christian argument from de... 2 hr paul porter 1
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 hr Denisova 1,335
More from around the web