It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
108,481 - 108,500 of 134,054 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
JWs are committed to adhering to the Bible's standards, principles, and requirements. I don't know of even one they dismiss. Please don't start grabbing things out of context to claim otherwise. That could waste a lot of time and effort.

Need I remind you of what JW survivors say about the JW cult? The mind control, the pseudo logic, the ever changing history, the rationalizations, OH THE RATIONALIZATIONS....

And at one time they believe it all. Yet they were able to break free. Maybe, someday, you can too.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're going to the pull the no-true-Scotsman ploy?
Ernst Haekel is embarrassing to Evolutionists.
Will you allow us to say that he wasn't a true Evolutionist?
You can say whatever you want about Ernstie. I don't know him or what he thought then or now. Nor do I care. Many people change (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). I'm interested in what available data teaches us.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I would remind you that the glaring errors of Genesis have been belabored innumerable times, but clearly you have far more invested in defending faith than in objective reasoning. Your "reality" is not a physical reality and Genesis is not in harmony with anything but church hymnals.
Invoking the church hymnal references betrays how juvenile your approach to this matter is.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Israeli archaeologists Ze'ev Herzog and Israel Finkelstein, middle eastern archaeologists have found evidence of smaller groups passing through both before and after the supposed time, but nothing whatsoever of the 'Exodus' group.
You can use/google their names to look up the information
I offer the following, not as proof of anything, but as food for thought and something to help keep the scales balanced,

http://individual.utoronto.ca/mfkolarcik/jesu...
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
“The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise.  Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church’s public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel.” Gary North
Did you notice his confirming Bible citations (i.e., None)?
BTW, does he wear sheep suits?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say whatever you want about Ernstie. I don't know him or what he thought then or now. Nor do I care. Many people change (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). I'm interested in what available data teaches us.

Available data teaches us about evolution.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Invoking the church hymnal references betrays how juvenile your approach to this matter is.

As opposed to your faith based incredulity. Yes, that is much more mature.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Traces of a 150-mile-long train of people walking in circles in a desert that's only 150 miles across.
For forty years.
Nothing?
Apparently nothing we've found yet. That's why I was asking about precedents instead of just making forays into incredulity.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I offer the following, not as proof of anything, but as food for thought and something to help keep the scales balanced,
http://individual.utoronto.ca/mfkolarcik/jesu...

Opinionated but interesting.

"All modern critical scholars recognize that the Bible is a human composition (although this does not exclude the possibility that it is also inspired). Its purpose is primarily theological, not historical.(History cannot deal with miracles, for example.) And it is tendentious; it exaggerates to make a point. It often speaks metaphorically when it appears to a modern mind to be speaking factually. And, of course, given the fact that it is a human document, it can also be inaccurate. "

Not any data, but still not a bad read. The author was biased enough that his biases are very obvious. His bias is not hidden. I prefer that to someone who pretends to be objective but is, in reality, very biased.

No KAB, I am not pointing a finger at you. Your biases are also very obvious (to everyone except yourself, that is).
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are failing to understand. Things that are copied, are copied. They are not updated to modernize the dialects.
I suppose the KJV and New Jerusalem Bibles would be a prime example confirming what you assert. I know what you mean about literal copying, but there's no reason to assume that is all that was done.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
"The Bible, the so-called ‘Word of God’ is a book edited in the 17th. Century, from the 16th. Century translations of 8,000 contradictory copies of 4th. Century scrolls that claim to be copies of lost letters written in the 1st Century”
That's a good glimpse into why, in general, the oldest manuscripts should be used in trying to resolve issues.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does KAB
Not without confirming data.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He was not Egyptian. He was raised Egyptian.
You might want to read the bible sometime.
That's my point. Why have an Egyptian raised leader over Israel? As a made-up story, why have Israel be in Egypt at all?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without confirming data.
It doesn't depend on your having confirming data...it is the truth.
I gave you names, you can follow up if you wish...or not.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice his confirming Bible citations (i.e., None)?
BTW, does he wear sheep suits?
His Wikipedia entry brands him as a 'Christian' and an 'economist.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I sat that's like missing a great opportunity, the strange world of as i recall a friend of Blatavsky involved, but also Terry Prattchet joking around with it.
Any famous author who writes supernatural mythology can one day be considered a prophet by the delusional people seeking something without wanting to do the actual work to find it. Hubbard was merely the most recent we have known. My guess is that Lovecraft will be the next one, an unwilling one, but next up for the newest delusion we call religion. Which is sad because his works are classic, Shakespeare but without the romance.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, if humans didn't evolve from another species, then how did humans come into being? Note, I asked how, "god dun it" isn't how, that's who.
Genesis 1

26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.

Genesis 2
7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

18 The Lord God said,“It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

So to answer your question, GOD formed man from the ground and breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living soul, and he made woman from mans rib. That is the "how" you requested. It was a supernatural event in which life came from a previous life and satisfied the Law of Biogenesis.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you've never read anything outside of your mind-set or world-view.
Heck I read things from your dumb world view. I just finished "Evolution vs creation" by eugenie scott. I bet you haven't. Don't waste your time. It's BS.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That's already been settled. The science has backed it up. We did evolve from the great ape line.
Wanna bet that your claim has never been observed true? Bet you there is no experiment where you can replicate your claim? In short, your claim is your fantasy, not emperical science. Heck, for the 20tenth time, I bet you can't even tell me what evolved to make a non-human.....human? Come on, it's been three years in here....BE THE FIRST!!!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
List of arguments for creationists to avoid--and arguments to never use--by the Answers in Genesis people
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...
Here's you a list evolutionists should always avoid.

1...the origin of life.
2...don't admit that evolution is indeed a part of the origin of life.

3...always say your opponent doesn't grasp science, when they demand you adhere to the sciemtific method.

4...avoid attempts to explain extreme complexity unless your opponent is uneducated about the scientific method. Then befuddle them with fantasies.

5....aviod the athropic principle, if you are atheist.

6....avoid attempting to explain an evolutionary path to the two genders.

7....never attempt to explain what changed or evolved that changed a nonhuman to a human.

8....Never attempt to explain the Cabrian Explosion by citing the millions of years psuedoexplanation. It still doesn't explain these life forms showing up with no previous ancestors.

9....Never use the fossil record as evidence for human from non-human evolution. Fossils show that something once existed, died, and left an image of itself. It does not show heratige.

10...Never claim that all macroevolution is is more and more microevolution over time. Microevolution has been observed and tested. Macro...or human from non-human evolution, has never been observed in the history of the planet.

This is enuff, and more would just be bullying....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Skull Valley lawmaker wants both sides of clima... (Feb '13) 13 min litesong 1,644
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 48 min wondering 121
Big Bang? 1 hr polymath257 138
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 1 hr polymath257 36
Chicken or the egg. Lets settle this 1 hr susanblange 50
Science News (Sep '13) 2 hr Ricky F 2,835
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Dogen 112,790
Modern YEC is Not An Aberration of Traditional ... 4 hr Gillette 116
•••
•••