It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 141326 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#110087 Feb 10, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not what Jesus nor his disciples believed.
Essentially you have chosen to believe theology that was made up 200 years after Jesus. The followers of Jesus were the true first Christians and they did not believe your heretical nonsense.
I would say that he shows an incredible disdain for ancient cultures and old cultures.
As if they were too ingorant and believed everything happened by magic.

Pagan was an invention by the church, and came down to the assumption that everybody else was wrong and backward.
That arrogance is still laddled on.
Also in ideas that creation or evolution was only intended to put man (they meant 'male because they were not sure if women were even human.) on a pedestal.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110088 Feb 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It is the ignorance and avarice of man who despoils the memory of the man's insights and courage.

very adroit and just what i tried to convey!

Level 5

Location hidden

#110089 Feb 10, 2013
A few pages back.

Dogen and ChromiuMan i would say that Adam and Jesus are both prototypes and literary tools or a conduct for vigorating ideas.

Mark reads like a report to an authority.
Tell me what's up, and what sort of ideas live in that province with al those rebels.
So an outsiders view.

But the more colourfull it gets the more it resembles a play. Or a retelling of certain storylines in the tanakh with embellishments to get a snigger from the crowd.
Since it is also a pamphlet against the jews.
Evidenced by the church-fathers declaring any jewish idea or interpretation anathema.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#110090 Feb 10, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Listen....you say that apes were humans ancestors. I would give you one point if the fossil record showed apes disappearing, and humans gradually appearing ( even though you can't define the difference between the two)
So, what are cro magnons, Neanderthals, and the other humanoids? Do they still live?

By the way, you're the one who said he can't tell the difference between a human skull and an elephant skull if it's not part of a living being, because you need the soul present to tell which is human.
marksman11 wrote:
but due to the obvious facts that apes still exist, and humans exist, I don't trust in the authority of scientists to interpret a mixuture between the two when they are obvious exceptions in each life form.
Americans still exist, therefore Europeans don't exist. You are a master of logic.
marksman11 wrote:
Boy, Paul Wright skeleton sure looks like a big gorilla!!! Hey, here's another large ape. Look at the protruding forehead. What does this here mean? What is a Patrick Ewing?
Acromegaly doesn't resemble gorilla. And, now you're going straight to racist bullshit (black people look like gorillas). You want a shovel? I mean, you do seem to be digging pretty good on your own...

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110091 Feb 10, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
I would give you one point if the fossil record showed apes disappearing, and humans gradually appearing
As I recall, Chimney1 once wrote a post which went over this.
He explained that our ancestors lived in a place in eastern Africa where the jungle was turning into savannah land.
This made it necessary for our ancestors to adapt to savannah land.
Meanwhile, other species of monkeys and apes were doing just fine where there they were.
Chimney1's post should explain the why-are-there-still-monkeys question quite adequately.
Did you miss that post? Or did you merely decide to ignore it?
(even though you can't define the difference between the two)
That's quite a double bind you got us in, Marky Boy!
If there isn't a smooth fossil succession, you can complain about the missing links.
If there is a smooth fossil succession, you can say "you can't define the difference between the two."
They are obvious exceptions in each life form. Boy, Paul Wright skeleton sure looks like a big gorilla!!! Hey, here's another large ape. Look at the protruding forehead. What does this here mean? What is a Patrick Ewing?
What you say is not true of the cheetahs.
They all look alike because they went through a bottleneck.
If there were a world flood in 2500 BC, as you say there was, we would all look alike too.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110092 Feb 10, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
I don't hate anyone. I feel pity for atheists and evolutionists. They are both so lost.
Thomas Robertson was in the Topix site, reading the posts on his computer. He saw post after post written by marksman11. He became impressed with marksmans impeccable logic and overwhelmed by marksmans warm Christian love.

Thomas Robertson realized for the first time that he had been in error. He folded his hands and bowed his head.Forgive me, Lord, for my wicked ways. He prayed for Dogen. He prayed for MAAT. He prayed for all the misguided souls everywhere.

Just then, an enemy nation dropped a bomb on Linhan, China. A mile in the air went Thomas Robertson, his computer, and all his belongings.

The next thing he knew, he was standing at the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter was standing at the gates with a book.May I have your name, please?Thomas Robertson.Ah, yes, Mr. Robertson! Your name has just been added to the book!

The gates flung open. Thomas Robertson humbly walked through the gates while the bells rang and the angels sang.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110093 Feb 10, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Could I scream "observation" any louder?!!!!!!
Perhaps.

To what "observation" do you refer?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110094 Feb 10, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Call it what you want.
That's an imaginary club you're waving around.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#110095 Feb 11, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Already addressed with the fact of flaws in interpretation. Fossils can not give heritage, so you take the vast amount of fossils and interpret them to be what ever you want them to be.
Its all very well saying the interpretation is flawed, when neither you nor any creationist can offer an alternative interpretation which fits the OBSERVED FACTS the way evolution does.

Piss around with apologetics all you like, but that is how it is.

Level 6

Location hidden

#110096 Feb 11, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Listen....you say that apes were humans ancestors. I would give you one point if the fossil record showed apes disappearing, and humans gradually appearing
If English is an offspring of German, why is there still German? Oh, its not exactly the SAME German as 1500 years ago, but its still German.

Not ALL apes were human ancestors. A particular population of a particular species of apes, which is no longer around but which gave rise to chimps, bonobos, and humans. There have been many species of apes in life's history. This is so basic in evolution - the branching of two populations which diverge after separation - that if you don't understand this, you are in no position to even be criticising evolution!

Level 6

Location hidden

#110097 Feb 11, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>The immaculate conception of Mary has not been disproven.
Neither has the immaculate birth of the Warrier Achilles, son of the River Goddess Thetis! And we know that the Illiad is an infallible source, because we found Troy!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#110098 Feb 11, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Robertson was in the Topix site, reading the posts on his computer. He saw post after post written by marksman11. He became impressed with marksmans impeccable logic and overwhelmed by marksmans warm Christian love.
Thomas Robertson realized for the first time that he had been in error. He folded his hands and bowed his head.Forgive me, Lord, for my wicked ways. He prayed for Dogen. He prayed for MAAT. He prayed for all the misguided souls everywhere.
Just then, an enemy nation dropped a bomb on Linhan, China. A mile in the air went Thomas Robertson, his computer, and all his belongings.
The next thing he knew, he was standing at the Pearly Gates. Saint Peter was standing at the gates with a book.May I have your name, please?Thomas Robertson.Ah, yes, Mr. Robertson! Your name has just been added to the book!
The gates flung open. Thomas Robertson humbly walked through the gates while the bells rang and the angels sang.

"He became impressed with marksmans impeccable logic and overwhelmed by marksmans warm Christian love."

Made me snort monster energy drink through my nose.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110099 Feb 11, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It was a typo. You are correct, it should have been "In my church". Crack...it's outta here!! Is my personal concoction that pushes your buttons. It works great, as you are evidence too.
Well, one day when we take our last breath we'll see if I was the one that is correct or not. I'm betting I'm the one that is correct. Even you just admitted that I'm besting you guys that human from non-human evolution is the biggest scientific fantasy in history .
Tsk, tsk...Marky, your personal concoction doesn't push any buttons, it usually just punctuates that you are completely unaware that you missed the ball. I admitted? Yes, I admitted that I believe you are blissfully nestled beneath the waves of a delusional neurosis.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#110100 Feb 11, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what are cro magnons, Neanderthals, and the other humanoids? Do they still live?
By the way, you're the one who said he can't tell the difference between a human skull and an elephant skull if it's not part of a living being, because you need the soul present to tell which is human.
Well duh.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110101 Feb 11, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what would you go and do that for...praying for me.
So i can spirit the bomb away?

I'm part of a panentheistic henotheistic theory.
That keeps good pace with evolution and does not oppose it.
And that never stated creation but in seperation first filled the Mayim(water)ether and earth in order to state some big words.
A time when words were magic, and writing too.
The concept of ONE born. Unity every minute.:p
And naming is existing and knowing and owning.
Adam filled up names and devided, so humans created concepts.
The god can't exist without us existing and vice versa, therefore we all are and constantly become. So a Word can't trap us.
See heraclitus.
My only problem is the indoctrination others had, so i can't even get the most basic concept accross, for people were not raised to think like that.

It might be education, for i'm describing how the Old ones thought.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110102 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/philosophy-meta...
heraclitus
http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~funkk/Person...
Concerning The Logos
How the concept changed.
Plato: a rationale
As in a reason why one formulates.
Lego:word
Isaiah 55 v. John's Word.
or Matthew having god quote psalms to god

Level 5

Location hidden

#110103 Feb 11, 2013
The Mayim of Creation.
https://docs.google.com/viewer...
I would go for restoration. Redirection rather.

This was from the time that Einsteins concept of ether still vigorated.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110104 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what would you go and do that for...praying for me.
So i can spirit the bomb away?
I'm part of a panentheistic henotheistic theory.
That keeps good pace with evolution and does not oppose it.
And that never stated creation but in seperation first filled the Mayim(water)ether and earth in order to state some big words.
A time when words were magic, and writing too.
The concept of ONE born. Unity every minute.:p
And naming is existing and knowing and owning.
Adam filled up names and devided, so humans created concepts.
The god can't exist without us existing and vice versa, therefore we all are and constantly become. So a Word can't trap us.
See heraclitus.
My only problem is the indoctrination others had, so i can't even get the most basic concept accross, for people were not raised to think like that.
It might be education, for i'm describing how the Old ones thought.

Many Christians think that Logos is a Christian concept or at least one left over from the Jewish predecessors. Heraclitus proves that conception to be incorrect.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#110105 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/ philosophy-metaphysics-heracli tus.htm
heraclitus
http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~funkk/Person...
Concerning The Logos
How the concept changed.
Plato: a rationale
As in a reason why one formulates.
Lego:word
Isaiah 55 v. John's Word.
or Matthew having god quote psalms to god

Ah, I should have read ahead one post and I would have seen you already covered Logos.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110106 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/philosophy-meta...
Had to type it in, only noticed the omission now.

I often have to repeat the existence of Heraclitus, so found a good site and basicly gather all material that is relevant to the philosophy of judaism.

Everone is familiar with the expression: you can't cross the same river twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min Blitzking 163,750
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 11 hr Kong_ 80
News British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... (Jul '14) 12 hr Swedenforever 159
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) May 19 Kathleen 19,031
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) May 18 SoE 178,597
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) May 18 MADRONE 1,870
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) May 15 emrenil 1,243
More from around the web