It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 141371 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110005 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus (nametitle) as yhwh is not the normal vigorating idea among believers.
Psalm 82 is usally invoked to mitigate the later confusion, since none could actualy work out how the writers of early theology like John had reasoned.(After also getting rid of 15th century insertions of jesus being god.)
Believe what you want. I my church, Jesus and GOD are the same person. It is just basic christianity.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110006 Feb 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly, polls have shown the opposite.
I'm not talking about people in polls. I'm talking about people in this forum.
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>But knowledge of the Bible is neither here nor there, since you have accepted the onus of providing ADDITIONAL FACTS of evolution (not scripture) for "the Darwin crowd.".
What I provide is the continual proof that evolutionists left the authority of the scientific method years ago. Their science has become a fairy tale of just anything you can dream up.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110007 Feb 9, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're blaming the scientists for planting the Piltdown Man?
We don't even know who did it.
I don't care who did it. It took 42 years for scientists to finally admit it was a hoax. Sure there are some honest ones who wheren't buying it from the start, but then there are those that would buy anything to fill the void of evidence they were suffering.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110008 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want seperation! But you do need it.
I don't need it, you were the one that brought it up.
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see how at east paying for a clean environment and raods to get people to your church, should only be payed by everybody else.
You act as if church members don't pay taxes at all. Church members pay federal taxes, state taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes, road tolls, liesence renewal, inheritence taxes, captial gains taxes,.......and on and on and on, plus they tithe to the church, so don't give me that BS.
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
But in your argument you set yourself apart, so again your argument is about your selfish wants, and not what kids should actually have knowledge of.
Set myself apart? What are you talking about?
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
All church/state seperated states have kids that learn their religion at home or a bibleclass.
Call it extra-ccurricular activity.
And in schools they would learn about religion, theology and in general how people deal with society and from what points of view and how that effects the total picture.
Simplistic bible-thumping is frankly never ever going to happen.
Unless people have their own school, and then people in general wonder why others should pay for that, since it does not benefit society in general. If you want to be apart from society then society should not pay for your excess.
Whether you are a fundie-christian or a soccer-vandal.
That doesn't even make sense. You act as if private christian schools are funded by tax payers dollars. THey are not. THey are funded by the parents who want to keep them away from psuedo science that is taught in the public schools. Evolution is one of the biggest supporters of private christian schools. Parents don't want that garbage taught to their kids, and those that can afford it, see that it isn't. Eugeneie Scott is battling an OPPSIEs (or something like that) program that allows parents the ability to Op-out their kids from evolution is the public schools. Isn't it strange how she would rather battle the parents over the science teaching of their own kids, than allow them the freedom to choose?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110009 Feb 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you must be so proud - and one can only guess how many times have you been asked to stop wasting everyone's time with faith-based prattle.
You keep replying....?????

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110010 Feb 9, 2013
Marksman, name one scientist who fully accepted the Piltdown Man, just one.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110011 Feb 9, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are very similar to a platypus in numerous ways. After all, we share a common ancestor around 180 million years ago.
I bet you can't present observable evidence to prove that!!! I challenge you to support that BS with an observable fact.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, after the platypus comment you are merely trying to conflate abiogenesis with evolution, which is irrelevant. In any case your argument consists of nothing more than "we do not understand X, therefore GOD!" which has been the hollow battle cry of retreating creationists since Galileo.
Evolution is evolution right? I mean Macro has to be true because micro is true....right? Well, chemical evolution has failed terribly as having the ability of even getting close to causing the origin of life. So if micro evolution didn't exist, then Macro evolution wouldn't exist.....RIGHT?? So chemical evolution fails, and you know it, and biological evolution fails too, only you try to disguise the obvious by claiming they are two seperate, non-dependant things. They are not.
You want to belittel Intelligent design? then simply present a naturalistic observation to the origin of life!!! It is obvious it takes an intelligence to concieve and produce DNA, RNA, the all left handed amino Acids, the cell membrane, and the information that the DNA contains......etc. ID explains it perfectly. Chemical evolution fails at every test. Chemical evolution fails COMPLETELY!!! GOD of the gaps? Heck, there ain't even any gaps in chemical evolution. THere is no evidence to leave gaps in!!!!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110012 Feb 9, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, many of your "catch pharases" are easily refuted, but like a politician, you think that repeating the mantra anyway will somehow make it stick.
Examples:
"A fossil cannot tell you its ancestry, only that something once lived and died"
- but a succession of fossils consistent with an evolutionary pathway can tell us a LOT more than each individual fossil can.
OK,.....one question, Read my statement again above. Is it not true? Even evolutionists in this group agree with it. Your "succession of fossils" I have said many times, is mere interpretation. I gave the example of Paul Wright. Piltdown was interpreted as an intermediate, and look how that turned out. Nabraska Man was interpreted as an intermediate....all interpreted from a pigs tooth!!! So scientists can make all these claims, but it is all interpretation, and often proven wrong.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have never directly observed macroevolution"

- but we have observed the evidence that macroevolution would leave behind if it were true, and not observed evidence that would falsify it.
Don't worry about falsifying it until you have observable evidence that it is true. I even quote you, "if it were true". I can't falsify that subteranian cyborgs live underground on Mars. I have no need to falsify fantasies. When observable evidence is presented, then we'll work on falsifying it.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>I won't go any further. Just pointing out that you never answer the refutation of your talking points (because you cannot?). So you just repeat the talking points as if nobody had said anything.
I just proved you wrong in the same post. I addressed both points and you know you've seen me say the same things before. You don't have to agree with me, but you are forced to admit that I address your claims each time!! Do I not?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110013 Feb 9, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that say about stories about talking snakes and talking donkeys?
It says I have my opinions and you have yours, and because your opinions are your own does not necessitate that they are correct.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#110014 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
I mean Macro has to be true because micro is true....right? Well, chemical evolution has failed terribly as having the ability of even getting close to causing the origin of life. So if micro evolution didn't exist, then Macro evolution wouldn't exist.....RIGHT??
Marky, ol' boy, I'm afraid you and I didn't study out of the same logic textbook.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110015 Feb 9, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
"In May, Smith Woodward took charge of the first pieces of Piltdown skull and concluded they belonged to a previously unknown early human named Eoanthropus dawsoni"

"A few weeks later, at the Geological Society, Smith Woodward outlined further details to general scientific approval. Only one scientist, anatomist David Waterson, voiced doubts."

"Palaeontology in Britain was going through a lean time and its practitioners desperately wanted to believe that fossil gold had been struck."

"This was clearly not a genuine artefact. The scientific establishment accepted it because they wanted it so much."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/feb/05...

CRACK!!! IT'S OUTTA HERE!!!!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110016 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Believe what you want. I my church, Jesus and GOD are the same person. It is just basic christianity.
Oh my. David Koresh incarnate. The transitive property of equality: a=b, b=c, a=c.
I=my church, my church=Jesus, Jesus=God, I=God
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110017 Feb 9, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
On December 18, 1912, the Geological Society of London announced to the world that it had uncovered the "missing link" between our primate kin and Homo sapiens: the "Piltdown Man."

Henry Osborne, president of the American Museum of National History, proclaimed that the fossil remains were "without question" was proof of the evolution of ape to man. A monument to the discovery was erected at Barkham Manor to Charles Dawson, the founder of the fossils of this missing link.

The New York Times proclaimed "Darwin Theory is Proved True," and Nature, one of the most influential scientific journals in the work, announced that the Piltdown Man was an improvement proof of Darwin's theory. Textbooks included the Piltdown Man as evidence that Darwin was right.

As late as 1950, Nature was citing "New Evidence on the Antiquity of Piltdown Man" and announced that fluorine tests made it even more likely that the Piltdown Man was a single creature. From 1912 to 1953, college textbooks would treat the Piltdown Man as scientific evidence of Darwin's theory. The bulk of the scientific community accepted the Piltdown Man as true.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/the_pi...
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#110018 Feb 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. David Koresh incarnate. The transitive property of equality: a=b, b=c, a=c.
I=my church, my church=Jesus, Jesus=God, I=God
Doesn't make one lick of sense. Why should it? You posted it!!

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#110019 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Believe what you want. I my church, Jesus and GOD are the same person. It is just basic christianity.
John 16:7
God needs to move out of the way...enter jesus...enter the spirit/redeemer for the accuser(aramaic john, all by the way written later then the 5th century. John is theology and reflects the discussions of the churchfathers.)

So replacement happens.
The trinity is basicly a fallacy of authority.

bad tranlations allover.
alma, son of governor (from the aramaic peshitta),adopted/begat a.s.o.
1950 The Vatican stated that Mary, SHE was immaculately conceived.
If the very act makes jesus a son of god then she is at least a daughter of god. If not from a long line of women miracles.
i.m.o. It is a play written by Josephus.
Theology is what it became later.

I also discuss on the judaism forum, so keeping it short here, but you would be the first in my recollection that made that statement.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110020 Feb 9, 2013
So now we have a contest between 1950 ideas.
Piltdown man versus the immaculate conception of Mary.
And i bet the Vatican wrote this from the chair, because of evolution becoming a real threath.
Apart from millions of believers demanding the upgrade of Mary.

So SHE became the New Eve and gave birth to the church.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110021 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't make one lick of sense. Why should it? You posted it!!
marksman11 wrote:
Marksman11 wrote:
"I my church, Jesus and GOD are the same person."

Maybe you meant "In" my church or maybe it was a Freudian slip?
One might get the idea that "Crack - it's outta here!" was more likely your counselor's favorite phrase than your coach's.

Basic Christianity? You can't get much more basic without sliding into a coma. Here's the real deal, Marky Boy. Jesus was a sociopolitical rebel who was martyred. You have bought the metaphysical spin that was written about him in the following centuries hook, line and sinker. You're one of the guys turning the ladder while your preacher holds the light bulb.
At the end of each day as you cuddle your pillow with comforting thoughts of how you bested everyone in these threads in the name of the Heavenly Father, it always boils down to layers of delusion.

Level 5

Location hidden

#110022 Feb 9, 2013
Correction:
"In my Mary, Jesus and GOD are the same person."

Sounds way more sensible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#110023 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:

No, that is revisionist Christianity. That is not what most early Christians believed and it is not what many Christians believe today.

If you read this book called The Bible, you might even wonder where this notion even came from as there are so many quotes by Jesus that bring it into question.

You want a list?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#110024 Feb 9, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not talking about people in polls. I'm talking about people in this forum. <quoted text>What I provide is the continual proof that evolutionists left the authority of the scientific method years ago. Their science has become a fairy tale of just anything you can dream up.

No, this is what you assert. You have never provided any support for this contention that has held even a drop of water.

Evolution passes all the steps of the scientific method and does so as well or better than any other theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr NoahLovesU 19,082
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr NoahLovesU 164,459
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 1 hr Serah 472
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 5 hr Dogen 1,874
When is Quote Mining Justified? 13 hr Zog Has-fallen 26
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 15 hr Ooogah Boogah 178,618
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 23 hr GTID62 86
More from around the web