It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150653 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109778 Feb 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, its hard to fake scientific evidence and get away with that for long, as the Piltdown hoax demonstrates. The critical approach of science is to be skeptical of claims until they are demonstrated by evidence from multiple empirical sources that can be checked.
I don't have your faith in science. The reason is Piltdown man is not alone. Haeckles embryos were in school test books for decades, falsely presenting fabricated hoaxes to children. How about "Lucy" who was presented as a transition between ape and man? While not a hoax (the claim was the hoax)Lucy definately was NOT A TRANSITIONAL fossil as was claimed by many.Or how about Nebraska man? Dr. Henry Fairfield Osborn, head of the Department of Palaeontology at New York’s American Museum of Natural History, wrote the following ..

“The earth spoke to Bryan from his own state of Nebraska. The Hesperopithecus tooth is like the still, small voice. Its sound is by no means easy to hear... This little tooth speaks volumes of truth, in that it affords evidence of man’s descent from the ape."

It was a pigs tooth.
I could continue, but I think this is plenty to show valid reason for skeptism of human from non-human evolution.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>

One skull is an anomaly. A succession of skulls is not. They were predicted by evolution, but not prophesised by any religion!
Very unconvincing. THere are probably trillions of human, ape, child, adult, deformed, exagerated, abnormal skulls on the planet today. If it's background is unknown, the interpretations would be insain!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109779 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
{head/desk}
Click the link dummy
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#109780 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just psuedoscience. If it's observable, testable, and replicatable, like explaining an eclipse, then I'm cool with it. If it isn't, I'm skeptical, and I love challenging the ones presenting it. THey think that just because THEY claimed something, everyone should believe it. VEry funny.
You can't observe ideas. Explanations are ideas. I can't believe (but really can) that you're still riding that legless pony. You're so indignant about your stupidity. A truly fascinating case study of the power of indoctrination over rational thought.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109781 Feb 5, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>

One more thing. If you are talking bias, then you have to look as the reasons for bias. That body of evidence I mentioned makes no great personal promise of eternal life, or divine justice, or "meaning". It offers no bribes. So who is biased?
These rabid scientists like Eugeneie Scott! If she isn't biased, why spend you life battling something you are not biased against? Why does Richard Dawkins even bring up GOD? Why does Bill Maher fill the world with his hate for christians? Why would a physics professor say that stars died for you, not Jesus? Why all these things protecting a philosophy if they are not biased?
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#109782 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I disagree that we are superior because we have evolved to be superior. I think we are superior because we were created to over see all these life forms. THere is scripture to support that. Also, I disagree that chimps are better climbers. If a human sets out to do something like climbing, then without evolving, they can do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZFQxXI8wzoYXX
The scripture doesn't support your claim; the scripture is the claim and you merely repeat it because you've been taught to do so. Keep hitting the button, keep getting the treat. Operant conditioning 101. You're nothing more than a wrong-shaped pigeon.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#109783 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have your faith in science. The reason is Piltdown man is not alone. Haeckles embryos were in school test books for decades, falsely presenting fabricated hoaxes to children. How about "Lucy" who was presented as a transition between ape and man? While not a hoax (the claim was the hoax)Lucy definately was NOT A TRANSITIONAL fossil as was claimed by many.Or how about Nebraska man? Dr. Henry Fairfield Osborn, head of the Department of Palaeontology at New York’s American Museum of Natural History, wrote the following ..
“The earth spoke to Bryan from his own state of Nebraska. The Hesperopithecus tooth is like the still, small voice. Its sound is by no means easy to hear... This little tooth speaks volumes of truth, in that it affords evidence of man’s descent from the ape."
It was a pigs tooth.
I could continue, but I think this is plenty to show valid reason for skeptism of human from non-human evolution.
<quoted text>Very unconvincing. THere are probably trillions of human, ape, child, adult, deformed, exagerated, abnormal skulls on the planet today. If it's background is unknown, the interpretations would be insain!
Retard. You're too concerned with protecting your ignorance to learn. You deserve scorn and pity, though in which order I know not.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#109784 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Click the link dummy
I did, dummy. That fact that a couple of youngsters are good at climbing walls does not equate to the human race, as a whole, are better climbers than chimpanzees.

But then, this isn't the first idiotic claim you made here. And probably not the last.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109785 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>

Yup. Those damn scientists. Always claiming something. The world would be so much better off if we got rid of the whole lot and replaced them with preachers.
/sarcasm
We need good scientists. We DON'T NEED scientists with a liberal agenda to grind like Richard Dawkins, Eugeneie Scott, Franis Crick and his psuedoscientific panspermia. Not all evolutionists are atheist, but almost all atheists are evolutionists. Evolution is the air supply of the atheist. It falsely gives him a validity to adhere to atheism. They combat creationists because they understand that we know that evolution is their air flow, and in challenging Darwinism, are cutting off their air supply. We disprove human from non-human evolution, and atheism returns to the ridiculous and unreasonable philosophy from which it came. If we could just get the liberals out of sciences way, we'd be light years ahead of where we are now!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109786 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just psuedoscience. If it's observable, testable, and replicatable, like explaining an eclipse, then I'm cool with it. If it isn't, I'm skeptical, and I love challenging the ones presenting it. THey think that just because THEY claimed something, everyone should believe it. VEry funny.
Skeptical? LOL! You aren't a skeptic, you are a SEPTIC.
Observe, test and replicate a global flood as described in Genesis - or even an ACCURATE computer simulation of one.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#109787 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
{head/desk}
http://www.jokefile.co.uk/office_jokes/0329.g...

Note that it doesn't say WHOSE head...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109788 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>We need good scientists. We DON'T NEED scientists with a liberal agenda to grind like Richard Dawkins, Eugeneie Scott, Franis Crick and his psuedoscientific panspermia. Not all evolutionists are atheist, but almost all atheists are evolutionists. Evolution is the air supply of the atheist. It falsely gives him a validity to adhere to atheism. They combat creationists because they understand that we know that evolution is their air flow, and in challenging Darwinism, are cutting off their air supply. We disprove human from non-human evolution, and atheism returns to the ridiculous and unreasonable philosophy from which it came. If we could just get the liberals out of sciences way, we'd be light years ahead of where we are now!!
YEAH! Bring back the Dark Age! Lots of progress made then.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109789 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Skeptical? LOL! You aren't a skeptic, you are a SEPTIC.
Observe, test and replicate a global flood as described in Genesis - or even an ACCURATE computer simulation of one.
By definition there is no such thing as historical certainty, but I wouldn't expect a pointless person like yourself to know that. What in the world would a computer simulation be worth? You can simulate apes morphing into humans, it still never happened!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109790 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, dummy. That fact that a couple of youngsters are good at climbing walls does not equate to the human race, as a whole, are better climbers than chimpanzees.
Well, dummy, that was never the claim. I said that some humans if they decide too, can be better climbers than chimps. THe video proved I was right, and you just lied and made up something I didn't say. I'm not surprised. Liberals have to do that.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109791 Feb 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH! Bring back the Dark Age! Lots of progress made then.
What a ridiculous reply. My pointing out that there are liberal scientists with an axe to grind has nothing to do with the dark ages, of couse that never stopped you from making a pointless rely before.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109792 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.jokefile.co.uk/office_jokes/0329.g...
Note that it doesn't say WHOSE head...
That link is like you,,, doesn't work.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109793 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>By definition there is no such thing as historical certainty, but I wouldn't expect a pointless person like yourself to know that. What in the world would a computer simulation be worth? You can simulate apes morphing into humans, it still never happened!!
This guy disagrees with you:
http://marksbibleblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/hi...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109794 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>What a ridiculous reply. My pointing out that there are liberal scientists with an axe to grind has nothing to do with the dark ages, of couse that never stopped you from making a pointless rely before.
A ridiculous post deserves a ridiculous reply. You got what you deserved.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109795 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, dummy, that was never the claim. I said that some humans if they decide too, can be better climbers than chimps. THe video proved I was right, and you just lied and made up something I didn't say. I'm not surprised. Liberals have to do that.
What you said was this:
marksman11 wrote:
Also, I disagree that chimps are better climbers. If a human sets out to do something like climbing, then without evolving, they can do it.
You never said "some" humans. You changing what you said (like you've done hundreds of times in the past) to try to escape that huge pile of stupidity you just dumped on yourself.

Add "humans are better climbers than chimps" to your "birds manipulate gravity" list of idiotic statements.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#109796 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>By definition there is no such thing as historical certainty, but I wouldn't expect a pointless person like yourself to know that. What in the world would a computer simulation be worth? You can simulate apes morphing into humans, it still never happened!!
Yeah, that's what I thought. If a computer model shows a hurricane is likely to head toward your house you go buy plywood. If one might accurately prove the great flood COULD have happened you still wouldn't approve because it wouldn't be supportive of your whacked-out obsession for "God Magic."
In one statement you claim there is no historical certainty, but previously you've unequivocally claimed that the Bible is. Why do I get the mental image that your ganglia are all robed and chanting over sacred relics in a cavernous void?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109797 Feb 5, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>We need good scientists. We DON'T NEED scientists with a liberal agenda to grind like Richard Dawkins, Eugeneie Scott, Franis Crick and his psuedoscientific panspermia. Not all evolutionists are atheist, but almost all atheists are evolutionists. Evolution is the air supply of the atheist. It falsely gives him a validity to adhere to atheism. They combat creationists because they understand that we know that evolution is their air flow, and in challenging Darwinism, are cutting off their air supply. We disprove human from non-human evolution, and atheism returns to the ridiculous and unreasonable philosophy from which it came. If we could just get the liberals out of sciences way, we'd be light years ahead of where we are now!!
And, we all know that GOOD scientists determine that everything coincides with Bible stories, or else they're BAD scientists with an AGENDA.

The definition of confirmation bias.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Richard 29,572
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 17 min scientia potentia... 11,743
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min Aldos 195,626
Humans Performing Dentistry 8000 Years Before F... Wed MIDutch 1
Science News (Sep '13) Tue scientia potentia... 3,621
News Exposing the impotence of the Neo-Darwinian theory (Jan '15) Tue asar 12
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Tue ChristineM 14,570
More from around the web