It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
coco

Las Vegas, NV

#109588 Feb 1, 2013
Why is everyone so mean to marksman11?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109589 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Now twist that knife!!!:-)
It's plastic. It came in a bag with a picture of Rambo on it. It couldn't twist a screw.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109590 Feb 1, 2013
coco wrote:
Why is everyone so mean to marksman11?
Probably has something to do with him being a long-term dishonest hypocritical liar for Jesus.(shrug)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#109591 Feb 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
PROVEN A LIAR - AGAIN.
Gen 7:
"4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH every living creature I have made...”
"...17 For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. 18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and ALL THE HIGH MOUNTAINS UNDER THE ENTIRE HEAVENS WERE COVERED. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains TO A DEPTH OF MORE THAN FIFTEEN CUBITS. 21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark."
SQUIRM, BABY.
Kabonngg!

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#109592 Feb 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Awaiting KAB's colorful interpretation.
Hehehe. Yah.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#109593 Feb 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the data showing that the expression "global flood" is not used.
By that criterion, the word "god" isn't used, either.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#109594 Feb 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now accepting that Noah's flood never happened or are you just resorting to your usually language hair-splitting.
The latter, I'm sure.

Unsatisfied with a graphic description of what can only be called a global flood, he's going to insist on the actual modern English words.
HTS

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#109595 Feb 1, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah.
The unbiased observers have been calling. They say you're full of it.
Mike, I see that you've been nailed. It's always entertaining to watch an atheist squirm when the foundations of his cherished religion have been shaken.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109596 Feb 1, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, I see that you've been nailed. It's always entertaining to watch an atheist squirm when the foundations of his cherished religion have been shaken.
Atheism? Oh, it's just HTS telling us his "scientific alternative" to reality is invisible Jewmagic.

Theology is irrelevant to science, period.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#109597 Feb 1, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Water-laid sediment spanning the surfaces of continents. Marine fossils in the Himylayas, etc., Massive catastrophic extinctions... I'm not calling this "proof".. But it is evidence.
The problems is that the sediments you see in sedimentary rocks are not the kind of sediments you would see in a flood. They are the sort of sediments you would see in long slow depositions. Many of the first geologists were Christians looking for evidence of the flood. They found the opposite, they found evidence against the flood.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#109598 Feb 1, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Dogen, you need to stop parroting BS from atheist websites and attempt to at least understand the garbage you're swallowing. Unless you can provide scientific evidence that no global flood occurred, you should keep quiet.

No global flood ever occurred. Only uneducated morons believe in that nonsense.

100% of the existing research shows no evidence at all of any global flood EVER in the 4.5 billion year history of planet earth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109599 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You guys are a walking talking contradiction. 1....he didn't say in the video that it is a possiblity. He said that the universe is huge and rare things happen daily, including life. There is absolutely zero scientific evidence to support that claim. 2....you guys argue that your philosophies are not faith based, that you MUST HAVE EVIDENCE for you to accept something. Yet there is no other way to accept that there is life else where in the universe except in faith. 3....I'm with you, I have no problem with there possibly being life else where, but at this point there is no reason to think there is.4....that guy in the video gave me many reasons to reject his psuedoscience.

[sigh....bangs head]
Jane, you ignorant slut, life exists in 100% of the solar systems we have given much of any study to.

Since RNA is naturally occurring AND DNA is a product of RNA ....(connect the dots).

Now, of course there is no PROOF there is life anywhere else in the universe, but it is extremely likely.

Remember, complex hydrocarbons literally rain down from space.

You do the math.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109600 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You are weakened to the point of redefintions. It is not a logical conclusion to believe that lifeless matter can evolve into intelligence, consciousness, and self awareness.

Actually, based on the existent evidence, that is the only possible scientific conclusion. No faith is required to accept something that is nearly infinitely probable.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109601 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care who orginated the concept. It is not scientific. It is a fantasy.........
In short, no matter who originated it, PE is BS.

Sorry, until you learn how science is done and what it actually says you your opinions are as worthless as bags of ice cubes at the south pole.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109602 Feb 1, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Water-laid sediment spanning the surfaces of continents. Marine fossils in the Himylayas, etc., Massive catastrophic extinctions... I'm not calling this "proof".. But it is evidence.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

This is hysterical.

I no longer believe you even graduated from HS. You have, at best, a HS completion certificate from SEP classes.

The Water laid sediment are at MANY levels. Separated by volcanic ash, lava flow, land slides,........ and evidence of LIFE EVOLVING over time.

Sediments were laid down over billions of years.

Marine fossils are not only ON mountains they are buried deep WITHIN them.

There have been MANY periods of extinctions and bottlenecks.

So it is evidence.... evidence of a multi billion year old earth and of the evolution of life.

You are nearly as ignorant about science as marksman.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109603 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm the one ignoring it? I'M THE ONE PRESENTING IT ON A DAILY BASIS!!!

The evidence is for evolution. If God created everything then he also created evolution. You preach daily against God's creation and ergo against God.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109604 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Much of that is manipulated to give the desired results. If fossil A is found in strata 6, so even though strata 7 is deeper, then fossil A that we found in strata 7 could not possibly have been found in strata 7 because we've deemed that it didn't exist at that time. SOOOO... we have to reclassify strata 7 is actually strata 6. Stratas are classified by the fossils found in them, and the fossil A is classified as A because of the strata it is found in. When the truth is, we have dicovered that fossil A existed at a time when strata 7 was active, but thst doesn't fit your evolutionary vision. So you biasedly avoid the truth, and fabricate a circle of evidence that can be manipulated to give the results you desire.

This has been proven to be incorrect.

And you misused the word "deemed".

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109605 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Science is not about wishful thinking. It demands absolutes. There is a line, it's not my fsult tht you don't know where it is, thus crumbling the foundation of your philosophy.
I challenge you, and you can't meet the challenge with the evidence you claim exists. Not my fault. Maybe you should re-examine your philosophy. That is supposedly what happens within science.

Science eschews absolutes.

Evolution is the most materially supported scientific theory in the history of science. It meets all the criteria of science. Creationism is dead.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109606 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> Let me see if I can help. Simply hit "reply" on the post you want to reply to. At the top It'll have the tags of the poster you are replying too. To de activate them for this example, I'll change the [] for ()....It should look like(QUOTE who="MAAT")..cut and past this tag. Everything after this tag should be in blue. When you reach a point that you want to reply. Stop and add (/QUOTE) and the word QUOTE must be in CAPS. Make your reply, and at the end of your replay, paste (QUOTE who="MAAT")to reestablish the original posters comments in blue, and just repeat the process as you continue down the post. Just remember in both cases to use [] rather than the () i used in my example. I don't think anyone in the forum would mind if you made some experimental posts to get the hang of it. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need assistance.
Good luck.

Your best post ever. Not one delusional comment or lie.

Very nice AND helpful.

Just when I lose all hope for you ...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109607 Feb 1, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>So you are agreeing with me that we don't know who built the Great Pyramid?

We don't actually know the names of the laborers, but we know who commissioned it. It was designed by Imhotep and Hemiunu (actually by Hemiunu based on Imhotep's earlier designs).

While you will refuse to read factual historical material, here is the link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.hitchins.net/Books&samplers/HD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min TurkanaBoy 127,963
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Dogen 175,478
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Dogen 103
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 21 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,578
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) Wed MikeF 1,902
More Theories to Disprove Creation Wed The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Nov 25 The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE