It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 152270 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#109503 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if your god did turn out to be the one, he's probably going to be annoyed with suck ups and prefer the company of skeptics simply because we will be in the minority and won't be kissing his butt for favors.
The Vatican has a picture of Gods butt, not on public display.
Makes you wonder...
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109504 Jan 31, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the earliest geologists went looking FOR evidence of a Flood and found none. Much to their surprise as they tended to be young earth creationists like most people back then.
Since then, in over 200 years, not only has no evidence been found for a Flood, but lots of evidence has been found against one. As you have been told, with examples, for months now. Give it up already.
Your earliest geologists were operating from a false premise, young Earth.

Every time I ask for confirming evidence against the Flood, either nothing is provided, or I have readily discredited what is provided by exposing its failings. I await your premiere airtight example, or have you given it up already?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#109505 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I ask for confirming evidence against the Flood, either nothing is provided, or I have readily discredited what is provided by exposing its failings. I await your premiere airtight example, or have you given it up already?
You are just a liar. Even I provided some evidence that demonstrates no world wide flood occurred. This is what we get from religious imbeciles, nothing but lies and fallacies. If you want to be regarded as intelligent, you'll at least stop lying, liar.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109506 Jan 31, 2013
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because getting the pronunciation of YHWH correct is SO important.
BTW, it quite possible and even likely that YHWH was taken by the Israelites from the Midian god that was called YWH...which archeologists and language experts think was pronounced...get this...Yahoo.
But then, I would guess that you aren't interested at all in that bit of truth. To you, truth is what you want it to be.
If you check carefully you'll see it's your side which is harping about the correct pronunciation of YHWH. I only harp on what is correct, whatever the subject. Regarding your input, is it quite possible that idea is incorrect, thus not truth at all?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109507 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check carefully you'll see it's your side which is harping about the correct pronunciation of YHWH. I only harp on what is correct, whatever the subject. Regarding your input, is it quite possible that idea is incorrect, thus not truth at all?
You are a proven liar, nothing you say can ever be trusted again. Even if you said the sky was blue, I'd still look out the window now.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109508 Jan 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're conflating the Bible with reality.
<quoted text>
And to borrow Chuck Idemi's phrase: likewise.
When multiple understanding possibilities exist I always acknowledge them. Do you?

BTW, the Bible is real (i.e., It exists.), and as a document it relates things, many of which can be tested and many which cannot be. The standard paradigm for declaring Bible error is to identify a passage, then identify a meaning for that passage, from among its multiple possibilities, which either puts it out of harmony with some physical data and/or another passage from the Bible which also is "allowed" to mean only one thing and that being something which puts it in conflict with the other passage. Perhaps you can explain what is objective about this.

For the record, another approach is to see if there are any possible meanings of the passages which put them IN harmony with both physical data and each other, and then recognize and accept that as what could have been meant. Can you see the objectivity in this?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109509 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
When multiple understanding possibilities exist I always acknowledge them. Do you?
BTW, the Bible is real (i.e., It exists.), and as a document it relates things, many of which can be tested and many which cannot be. The standard paradigm for declaring Bible error is to identify a passage, then identify a meaning for that passage, from among its multiple possibilities, which either puts it out of harmony with some physical data and/or another passage from the Bible which also is "allowed" to mean only one thing and that being something which puts it in conflict with the other passage. Perhaps you can explain what is objective about this.
For the record, another approach is to see if there are any possible meanings of the passages which put them IN harmony with both physical data and each other, and then recognize and accept that as what could have been meant. Can you see the objectivity in this?
That's not how reality works. It either means what it says, or it's fictional.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109510 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a proven liar, nothing you say can ever be trusted again. Even if you said the sky was blue, I'd still look out the window now.
Unless you know it's not overcast or after dark, or you are being informed by a demonstrated reliable source, you would need to look out the window for verification when told the sky is blue.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109511 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know it's not overcast or after dark, or you are being informed by a demonstrated reliable source, you would need to look out the window for verification when told the sky is blue.
You are demonstrably ignorant, not reliable. You are also a demonstrated liar.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109512 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how reality works. It either means what it says, or it's fictional.
Still adding to the list I see. First reasoning, then comprehension, and now linguistically challenged.
HTS

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#109513 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a liar. Even I provided some evidence that demonstrates no world wide flood occurred. This is what we get from religious imbeciles, nothing but lies and fallacies. If you want to be regarded as intelligent, you'll at least stop lying, liar.
According to your atheistic religion, human beings have no free will. Since you believe that everyone is a product of their genetic heritage and environment, then anyone who is a "liar" can't help it. Why, then, do you go around insulting people, as if they have free will? Your base hypocrisy has been exposed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109514 Jan 31, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>According to your atheistic religion, human beings have no free will. Since you believe that everyone is a product of their genetic heritage and environment, then anyone who is a "liar" can't help it. Why, then, do you go around insulting people, as if they have free will? Your base hypocrisy has been exposed.
Wow, I have no beliefs, many atheists have no beliefs, that's one of the reasons we are atheists, we just don't believe in superstitious nonsense. The you pull a fallacy .. let's see, it's .... http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

Yep, that pretty much describes what you have just done.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109515 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Still adding to the list I see. First reasoning, then comprehension, and now linguistically challenged.
So when it says "global flood" ... what did it really say?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#109516 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So when it says "global flood" ... what did it really say?
I don't think the Bible ever uses the expression "global flood" or its equivalent in any language. If you know otherwise, then please provide the confirming quote(s).
HTS

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#109517 Jan 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I have no beliefs, many atheists have no beliefs, that's one of the reasons we are atheists, we just don't believe in superstitious nonsense. The you pull a fallacy .. let's see, it's .... http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque
Yep, that pretty much describes what you have just done.
you don't believe in superstitious nonsense? You believe in logical science, such matter spontaneously self organizing into life and man evolving from a worm...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109518 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's strange that you think there is 0% wiggle room in the assessment of either climatic or genetic history, and yet you think there's enough wiggle room in the assessment of Earth's shape that you think there's still a chance Earth is cubic in shape. Please explain.
Easy. The conditions I've described cannot exist if the flood occurred. However, there are possibilities, remote though they are, that our instruments have in some way captured incorrect images of the Earth from space. But, a genetic bottleneck MUST exist for the flood to be true. Without a universal genetic bottleneck for all life tracing back to the same time, there can have been no such flood. It's a mutually exclusive set of conditions.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109519 Jan 31, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe in superstitious nonsense? You believe in logical science, such matter spontaneously self organizing into life and man evolving from a worm...
Now you use the strawman fallacy. You're on a roll.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109520 Jan 31, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe in superstitious nonsense? You believe in logical science, such matter spontaneously self organizing into life and man evolving from a worm...
Science doesn't say any of those things.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#109521 Jan 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No KAB, you hav enot falsified the evidence of cultures surviving through the period 2500 BC nor have you falsified the genetic data showing no bottleneck at 4500 years ago in any creature including humans nor have you explained the total lack of flood deposits that would be expected if the flood were real.

All you have shown is some people's capacity to cling to a belief no matter how much evidence points to its falsehood....if they think thereby they can avoid spiritual death. In effect, you are demonstrating only the human capacity for cowardice.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#109522 Jan 31, 2013
marksman11But it is somet wrote:
<quoted text>Try again. You make no sense to me.
"To you"?

I find that oddly believable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Dogen 210,005
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 53 min Thinking 20,305
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed ChristineM 45,559
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
News A better theory of intelligent design Sep 23 Chazofsaints 21
More from around the web