It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#109266 Jan 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood has not been confirmed with physical data...
More than that, it has been refuted.
KAB wrote:
...and the Bible does not require that plants appear before the sun was created.
Require? What the hell does that mean? It says what it says.

Plants: Day 3
Sun: Day 4

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109267 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Will you listen to what you are saying? If it is non-random as you say, then it has to, by defintion, have direction. If it is not haphazard like you say, then it must not be haphazard and thus have direction. If it is not without aim or method, as you say, then it has to have aim, and method....and by definition, that is direction. You are a walking talking contradiction. <quoted text>Why? Human from non-human evolution claims selection, and according to you it ain't random. So if it doesn't benefit the system, why would it pass on these traits? What good is a anvil, without the hammer and sturip? So why pass on an anvil alone? How do you account for a mindless process to bring about all three at the same time? I keep forgetting how much faith you have!!!<quoted text>They don't even believe it!!!
Gravity isn't random, therefore it's directed, therefore intelligent falling.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#109268 Jan 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood has not been confirmed with physical data, and the Bible does not require that plants appear before the sun was created.
How cold is the Earth if the sun is not visible anywhere?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#109269 Jan 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood has not been confirmed with physical data, and the Bible does not require that plants appear before the sun was created.
The time to accept a claim (a global year-long miles-deep flood occurred 4500 years ago) is when there is sufficient evidence to support it, and not a second before. Your secret subjective criteria for determining reliability of a source is an invalid form of "evidence." Evidence is demonstrable. You've already admitted that you can't demonstrate the reliability of the Bible, nor determine the reliability of any other source using the same secret subjective criteria, so your "evidence" is nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#109270 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Just rootin, tootin, shooten, and refuten, there sister!!!

Yea, she was. And no cogent response from yourself.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109271 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing I'm not a great typist or speller, OR YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE NOTHING!!! oh wait.....YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE NOTHING!!!!

Ah, caps. You must have a strong argument.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109272 Jan 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called planet Mercury.
Go and arrest it.

It is really amazing. How many times have we explained the nature of a scientific law to him? And he still does not get it.

It boggle da mind.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109273 Jan 29, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
DAMM you Einstein!!!
>:-(

Actually, it was known that Mercury violated Newton's law even before Einstein. It was one of the things that piqued Einsteins curiosity and got him working on the subject.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109274 Jan 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have proof positive of Marky's dishonesty.
It has been explained to him many times that Darwin himself wrote that evolution would not always proceed at a fixed pace. He was even given the *exact* quotes by myself and others. Now he's trying to bullshit his way through another idiot argument that PE was a recent idea. While Darwin didn't use that term, he did state the concept.
Liar, liar, pants on fire, Marky!

Quite correct. Also, Darwin never claimed to have discovered all there was that could ever be known about evolution. The facts collected supported PE.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109275 Jan 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the references. As they note,
"The tetragram is generally believed to have been pronounced Yahweh"
YHWH (probably pronounced Yahweh), the most significant name for God in the Old Testament"
You gotta love data, right?

Is that all you got out of that?

My earlier posts on the subject had more references, but this is adequate to end the discussion.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109276 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE NOTHING!!!!
Correct, Mr Double Negative. We have evidence.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#109277 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>THere you go asking ignorantly for scientific evidence for the supernateral. Everything you claim evolution answers, creationism answers equally well, and for those evolution can't answer, like the origin of life, consciousness, irreducable complexity, the anthropic principle,....etc etc....creation is the the best explanation. Matter has never been observed able to create a mind to observe itself.<quoted text>Evidently I understand it better than you do. I understand it enough to know it's BS!!!! I don't have the faith you guys do in the "magic" that evolution performs!!!
Wrong again Marky. Creationism cannot explain all sorts of things, if they could there might actually be a THEORY of Creationism. They cannot explain the fossil record, they cannot explain nested hierarchies. They cannot explain ERV's. I could go on but I figure it is three strikes and you are out.

Now as to your things that evolution "cannot" explain:

Irreducible complexity. Hmm, you might have an argument, in reality all you are stating is "you can't explain this" and you forget the extremely important word that should follow "yet". Idiots like you have tended to pick problems that they thought were inexplicable using evolution only to find out that since it takes several years AFTER a problem is discovered for it to be solved, and since the popular press is usually several years behind the research, the problem has been solved or is solved very shortly after IDiots present their claim. Evolution of the the immune system, claimed in court by Behe to be "irreducibly complex", solved. He was surround be a literal fortress of papers and books that explained how it was solved. The rotator flagellum, solved. Eye evolution, solved. All of these so called "irreducibly complex" problems have been solved. Today that is taken as the boy who cried "wolf". He has cried it so often that no one pays any attention to him anymore.

The anthropic principal is a tautology at best and does not prove anything.

Oops, matter has been observed to create itself. There are several experiments and tests that show it happening. Google search the Casimir effect for one.

So you still have nothing. What a surprise. Call me when you do.
KAB

United States

#109278 Jan 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you are claiming to know the one true religion and by coincidence it just happens to be yours.
I can't remember, did I mention being tired of you. Well that was last week. Today is another day. I am still tired but I am willing to make some effort.
That's it. Done now.
Perhaps some background regarding the order of events will prove helpful in forming your perception. I was not born into my present religion. It has been acquired by long term continuing comprehensive study of both the physical and spiritual world. In short, there is no coincidence involved. I have chosen my religion because it is what has proven to be not in conflict with confirmed data, physical and documentary.
KAB

United States

#109279 Jan 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole idea that the Supreme Being and Master of the Universe, actually has a "real name" made of noises vocalised from created vocal chords into the created ear to have an impact only on created material eardrums is just kind of absurd. Sort of primitive, superstition magic spell level thinking right at its core.
Tell you what, if I decided to call God Wallabogiemunchkin but still observed the right attitude to the one and only Wallabogiemunchkin just as the Bible or the Quran demanded, would that make ANY difference at all to the Supreme Being?
The "name" (identifier) stems from a concept not sounds, just as the concept of ignorance is not a word or sound, but we give it a label so we can handily talk about it. If I don't use a recognized label, discussion and clear communication involving the concept becomes more difficult.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#109280 Jan 29, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what people think. Now.....BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!
I doubt whether you even know what the topic is about!
All you have been doing is shifting goalposts and trhowing in aunt sallies (a.k.a. strawmen) that we do not refute because you do!
The rest and particularly Kittenkoder, apparently understands that this is what bringing up and refuting a deflection is about and therefore called strawmen.
It leads away from the actual topic or discussion point, and is introduced for that purpose. But is thus irrelevant and hides ignorance or demonstrates the incapabiity to concede a point to the other party.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#109281 Jan 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, Mr Double Negative. We have evidence.
That we do. But he does not care about evidence (or lacks understanding and the energy to get to grips with scientific articles) but frankly stated that he does not care what anyone thinks.

It's the most pointless poster, by far.
KAB

United States

#109282 Jan 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
More than that, it has been refuted.
<quoted text>
Require? What the hell does that mean? It says what it says.
You are correct that Genesis 1 says what it says. Literally, it does NOT say,

However, the above is one legitimate possible way to understand "what it says" (i.e., the actual words on the page), although that possibility is out of harmony with confirmed physical data.

Another legitimate way to understand the words on the page is,

Day 4: Sources of illumination became visible in Earth's sky as viewed from Earth.

This option has the added benefit of being harmonious with the physical data.
KAB

United States

#109283 Jan 29, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How cold is the Earth if the sun is not visible anywhere?
Have you not been outside on a uniformly densely overcast summer day?
KAB

United States

#109284 Jan 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all you got out of that?
My earlier posts on the subject had more references, but this is adequate to end the discussion.
Other parts of the references state that we know how the name was pronounced. Which is correct? The discussion still lacks resolution.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109285 Jan 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct that Genesis 1 says what it says. Literally, it does NOT say,
No?

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
KAB wrote:
However, the above is one legitimate possible way to understand "what it says" (i.e., the actual words on the page), although that possibility is out of harmony with confirmed physical data.
Agreed, it is.
KAB wrote:
Another legitimate way to understand the words on the page is,
Day 4: Sources of illumination became visible in Earth's sky as viewed from Earth.
This option has the added benefit of being harmonious with the physical data.
Sorry, not what is written.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Historian 127,515
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 175,454
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Kong_ 56
More Theories to Disprove Creation 3 hr The Dude 56
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) 15 hr The Dude 996
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Mon tbrim21 13,575
Darwin on the rocks Sun TurkanaBoy 817

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE