It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150582 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109195 Jan 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic.
Hey, he IS "God Himself".

:-p
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109196 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that it was evolutionists that presented it as evidence.
That other people fell for the hoax is something evos should be rather facking ashamed of.
And what of the hoax of Christianity?

Paluxy.

Every piece of Jesus's cross.

Every piece of wood from the Ark.

Turin shroud.

Re-writing of Josephus.

150 years of pseudo-science apologetics.

Your team has an ENTIRE FIELD devoted to such dishonesty - it's called religious apologetics.
God Himself wrote:
Evolutionary ideas created the hoax, then evolutionary science revealed that the hoax was a hoax.*shrug*
Bingo. And that was the point. Someone tried to take the money and fame route and got their "discovery" shot down. By those mean old evolutionists using science you reject.

Meaning you have NO REASON AT ALL WHATSOEVER to presume it's a fake.

Not without being a dishonest hypocrite that is.(shrug)

Hey man, someone faked the Mona Lisa too. Does that invalidate art as a whole just because there's some people out there who try to pull a fast one?

And of course if you think it's ALL the mean old evo's trying to pull a fast one on the entire world, then you're saying it's all just a great big evil worldwide atheist evolutionist Darwinist conspiracy involving HUNDREDS of science organisations across MULTIPLE countries and Governments, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of scientists, oh, and the courts, AND the Catholic church and some 12,000 clergy, all of which makes Area 51 look like a kid sneaking out a single cookie from the cookie jar.

It's all a big conspiracy cuz Goddidit with magic.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109197 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
That you are an angry hag who needs a man?
Cuz I aint seein no proof of nothin else.
Ah, obviously a "true" Christian.

What was it you were saying to me how such behaviour serves no purpose?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109198 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Christians dont give a rat's a$$ about the shroud of Turin!!!
We are not required to be cognisant of nor take any shroud into consideration; whether the shroud is authentic or not.
Ah, so "evolutionists" should be "fracking ashamed" while Christian hoaxes don't mean sh t?

Hypocrisy, thy name is fundie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#109199 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You're dreaming again, but that is fine, it's your fantasy. See how evolution can just fit whatever you need it to be today!!! Absolutely no science involved!!
<quoted text>You've found nothing but evidence that supports creationism, interpreded it otherwise, and falsely claimed victory. Sorry, but you are far from Victory, in fact you are closer to defeat than ever.<quoted text>Another morphing of the evidence. You just disregard anything against it. Like the origin of life, irreducable complexity, the cascading blood clot sequence, lask of ability to explain the complexity of DNA, the human brain, and most of all consciousness. Your fantasy theory is in fact colapsing around you.
<quoted text>Oh it's coming, and you can't stop it. And it's not science vs. science. It's ID displaying the fatal flaws of evolution!
When did that happen then, o sir Black Knight?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#109200 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, he IS "God Himself".
:-p
Surrrrrrrrre he is. And I'm Michael the Archangel.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109201 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what you will expect:
"Know this day and set it upon your heart that Y-H-W-H is elohim (Deut. 4:39)" -- that God within you is the transcendent. And the verse concludes: "There is nothing else."
Alluding to an all-inclusive but at the same time overreaching (in case we missed something) panentheism. Which becomes more understandable when doing away with the silly genesis 1 translation and creatio ex nihilio.
We no longer have to use roman concepts and see the pope as placeholder for 'god' on earth, or some the church as the body of the son taking his place.(limited concepts) So why still stick to their definitions-books and translations?
I agree completely with the notion of dumping what the world, in general, knows as religion. I favor adopting and adhering to the Bible alone and in its entirety, standing on its own two feet, as representing religion in harmony with what is confirmed as true.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#109202 Jan 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely with the notion of dumping what the world, in general, knows as religion. I favor adopting and adhering to the Bible alone and in its entirety, standing on its own two feet, as representing religion in harmony with what is confirmed as true.
You mean like the flood? The earth and plants before the sun? Confirmed stuff like that?

“No such thing as ABIODARWINISM”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

No ABIODARWINISTS either!

#109203 Jan 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are claiming to know the one true religion and by coincidence it just happens to be yours.

I can't remember, did I mention being tired of you. Well that was last week. Today is another day. I am still tired but I am willing to make some effort.

That's it. Done now.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109204 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
KAB
what we get is a rather messy sentence just to fit it in the churchfather decreed interpretation.
http://interlinearbible.org/genesis/2-4.htm
beyom and more bara's than we know what to do with.
Your comments don't match the reference you provided. Why am I not surprised?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109205 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
KAB
B:YOM (which means "at the time", not "at an indefinite time
later"!)
So i looked at the translation of 2:3 and 2:4 and the hebrew plus transliteration.
I think it's best to translate any B- encountered with 'at'. bara- at form/place as in proper.
Most akkadian forms have something to do with divination, clarifying, to become certain, make a declaration, or like in ebuuru-harvest.
So to plant is an idea that also comes to mind, as in preparing the field. Set it straight.
So order and division.
rsht
akkadian ushteeseer-straight path
ishtu-from
reesh-begin
isteeat-for
shattim-beginning
reeshiishu-have raised up
ishriq-property
itti-et-with, though as preposition hbr.et is not spoken.
reesishu-helper
You can spout as many ideas/assertions as you want. I'll not likely be responding to much of it since much is itself not relevant or is without confirming relevant references. I don't fault you for not providing references but rather for providing that which is not confirming or even relevant. Coupled with your stream-of-consciousness style, there's almost no there there.

You might consider focusing on simple single thought posts, and maybe eventually gradually working your way up from there.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109206 Jan 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
My only disappointment would be how an otherwise intelligent man as yourself has to resort to childish word games. AKA dishonestly.
You must have meant AKA dictionary!
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109207 Jan 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The very notion that "God" - a supreme intelligence that is supposedly Master and Creator of the entire universe, has a "real name" is just pure, stupendous, silliness. Do you think it would make any difference if some humans labelled this alleged supreme being Blabergoooboo?
It would make a difference if that supreme being made it clear that his name was something different.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109208 Jan 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you accuse me of "falsely claiming that a day is defined as having to do with light and dark" when I have REPEATEDLY referenced your own book.
"God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/day
In Gen. 1 there is no "In my day, we walked to school" or "in the day and age of medieval knights." A day is deliberately and specifically defined as the (24 hour period) encompassing light, dark, morning and evening.
Even if you DO propose that a Genesis 1:x day is a thousand years it only ages the Earth by an additional 7,000 years at most, and every scrap of physical evidence indicates that not only is the Earth several orders of magnitude older than 13,000 years, humans were already forming communities well before then.
How many times do we have to repeat "Mind your 9th commandment" before you stop LYING?
Face the facts, son. You desperately want to believe the Bible is "God's honest truth" because you have a pervasive emotional investment in the comfort faith in the mythology brings to your brain - and you are more than willing to drop the God's 'HONEST' part to promote and maintain it. You must realize that if your salvation model is real and you persist on this tack St. Pete is going to flag your passport at the Pearly Gates.(For excellent reasons, I might add.)
Listen man, you are going to have to educate yourself about the bible before you aroogantly start deeming what is truth, and what is not. Genesis leaves it open for a vast amount of time between genesis 1 and Genesis 2. Genesis has GOD telling Adam to go and REplenish the earth. The bible is clear that it is possible for VAST amounts of time to pass before his recreation in Genesis 1. So please be quiet and learn about the bible before looking more foolish than you do because all you know is to spout equaly ignorant fellow atheist talking points. I have no idea why you have me pegged as a YEC. I clearly said many times that according to the bible, it is open for both. I believe the creation account, whenever it occurred.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109209 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
God added the appendix and man had to invent surgery!
I notice you are reasoning yourself in a corner...and do not read updates on evolution anyway.
It's the same ole junk. Found something that live 520 million years ago, and proves humans evolved......crap. Nothing new, just people spouting things like they know what happened 520 million years ago, and then interpreting it to support their biases. That is nothing new. Call me when human from non-human evolution has been replicated and observed.
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted about 28 posts or more this morning.
Dude, seriously, you need to get a life!!
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The same stuff you did not read 6 times before. In some newly started thread on indeed this human-nonhuman question.{/QUOTE]THis is the only thread I post in. Got things to do. Life to live!!![QUOTE who="MAAT"]<quote d text>
I did not get to that yet. Copy paste can get very mind-numbing.
Anxiously awaiting your informed and scholarly criticism on the scientific method employed in these peer-reviewed articles and whether it's thus arrived conclusion are correct.( As in none of those cop-outs and ideologic treife you write here.)
Post them!!!
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109210 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB i will not scroll back. We played that game too often.
I said that in cases where they meant a time that far outstretches a 24 hour day, they would use different words, like olam.
But a day, is a day, is a day!
There is no creation! Only bad translations!
The unwavering "not going back" ploy from your side tells all anyone needs to know. I quoted you, but you won't go back to quote yourself in defense. Why is that do you think?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109211 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Almost missed this one:
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>There is much to learn, and thank you for the offer, but I choose to use unbiased ntelligent sources. All you have is arrogance, and you're not very good at that.
----
Well that saves us replying to any request or remark you make.
THat's fine, don't reply if you have nothing.
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Begs the question what you're still doing here.
I use you guys for test subjects. There are people in the world, unlike you guys, that are really searching for answers. I use you guys for test subjects to stay current with the atheist mindset, but to be honest, you've presented nothing new in years!! The bats, and rabbits, and how many legs and insect has, and the bible says this or that about pi..........all refuted years ago.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109212 Jan 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really give a shit what works for you or what doesn't. Anyone who has been here for the last several years knows your game. Starting with your link for the scientific method which, itself, refuted you.
You're the mathematically challenged clown who thinks birds manipulate gravity,....
I accidently stumbled across this with other posters I usually just pass over, but I've been saving this just for moments like this. GOD works in mysterious ways....LOL.

10 hrs ago

marksman11 wrote:
Then show me. YOU CAN"T!!! You have no leg to stand on. If GOD created life, life came from a previous life and the LAw of Biogenesis has been satisfied and no spontainious generation event has ever been documented in a lab nor nature. For your "scientific views" on abiogenesis to be valid, they DEMAND A VIOLATION OF A KNOWN SCIENTIFIC LAW!!!! How inconsistent can you be????????

<lowellguy>[ and this is priceless!!!!]

Newton's law of gravity are violated all the time. It's a KNOWN SCIENTIFIC LAW!!!!

There you have it folks!!! One of your guys admitting that the law of gravity is violated all the time, IOW's MANIPULATED!!!!! Tell me Mike, can you tell me when the law of garvity was violated??? Please Mike, Please???????
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109213 Jan 28, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one reading a book that tells you what to think. Much of my early understanding of Evolution was acquired in labs studying real things. You seem to think that Biology is best studied in Church. You prefer assertion to evidence.
You need to understand that biology doesn't need Darwinism. Human from non-human evolution could be completely refuted tomorrow and Biology, and medicene, would continue right on unchanged, unscathed,and uneffected. All human from non-human evolution is is a false fable of the origins of biological systems. It is completely irrelevant to how biology works or is learned. Darwinism could be refuted tomorrow and the heart transplants, bypasses,...etc...wouldn't miss a beat!!! I have niece that is a nurse in Alabama. She told me that in her biology courses they barely even skimmed evolution because it wasn't needed.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#109214 Jan 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
KAB
you skipped the DATA
Holmstedt is your learned scholar.
Just read the link in:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
You made your statement regarding Gen. 1:1 containing both verb and actor before you made the above Homstedt reference. I only addressed your statement. I have no issue with Holmstedt. What do you want me to consider there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min scientia potentia... 11,369
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min scientia potentia... 29,469
Science News (Sep '13) 14 min scientia potentia... 3,582
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr scientia potentia... 195,351
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) 12 hr DanFromSmithville 14,564
Ribose can be produced in space Sat DanFromSmithville 3
Cheap Kitchen Units UK Fri jojoyus 1
More from around the web