It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
107,121 - 107,140 of 134,682 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong again. That is blind faith. My beliefs are faith based, but they are far from blind faith.<quoted text>Well let's put that claim to the test. I say that due to the extrene complexity of even the most simple of life forms, that random, without aim or method, haphazard, naturalistic means can not produce life. That an intelligence is demaded for this kind of extreme complexity. Examine that and show me an observation that violates my faith based belief and proves my conclusion as impossible.

You put a lot of blind faith in deceitful words.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to prove it. You'll have to set up a meeting with GOD for that. I was just giving another poster of why males may still have nipples.

That was a rationalization, not an explanation.

Would you care to learn the difference?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes marksman, not replying when you don't have a decent answer is better than throwing any old think out there and seeing if it will stick.
Not that we don't find it amusing.
No idea what he tries to achieve.

But of some apes it is known that the males were capable of suckling their young when the population was under stress.
So since we are family it stands to reason that human males had this ability too.
Poor is the man without sensitive nipples, i'll say.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>All you have to do is look out the window.

And I see a world completely out of sync with the bible. So what now? Should I reject god because our world does not resemble the world(s) of the bible? By no means!

We need to reject our own belief systems and see that our world is none other and that we need to stop trying to impose our world view upon God.

Science studies God through his creation. Since evolution exists, evolution is of god. Since the universe is 14 billion years old, that is of god. Since a global flood never happened,... that to is of god. THEN we can make sense of the bible stories. Based upon reality, not upon delusion.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Offer something other than strawmen to refute first.
Even if I was offering strawmen, you can't even refute that!!!! That should be easy. I no going to do it for you!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
We have. You simply ignore anything that conflicts with your beliefs.
Is that your standard come back? You sound like a Parrot skawking "WE have, we have", when you haven't and can't. THat is why you leave the post vague and don't include the nature of the subject discussed. Because you know you've presented nothing, but want it to appear otherwise. Don't work with me pal.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Logical fallacies do not need to be refuted. They need to be restated in such a manor that no fallacy occurs. This is often hard for those accustom to thinking in fallacies as it often exposes the weakness of their argument, even to them!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want everyone to think that the stereotype of how stupid people in the south are is true.
I don't care what people think. Now.....BACK TO THE TOPIC!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the reviews. Looks like a time waster.
I'm reading the book. That is your problem already. You let others tell you what to think. That has what has gotten you into this mess from the beginning.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me here in the Bible it says evolution is impossible!
It doesn't say it is impossible. It just says that it wasn't the process used to create humans.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute!!! You are actually going to tell me that evolution can add complex organs like brains, eyes, hammer/anvil, and sturip, arms, legs, heads..etc....but can't remove a now use-less part? It seems evolution can only perform the miracles that you need it to. If we an apes had a common ancestor, how did we lose our "thumb" toe? Doesn't even make sense!!<quoted text>I don't think you are qualified to rate what is useless, or smart enough to deem what is sloppy.<quoted text>It's a loaded question. What say we ask them, Does evolution actually have the ability over time to present an observable example of a human evolving from a non-human? See, you are forced to load up such false and useless scenarios, and brother, that shows the weakness of your world view.
By the way, I just finished Eugenie Scotts silly book, and now started one called Darwin Strikes Back...by Thomas Woodward. You think there is a debate now, you wait until you see what the ID folks have planned for the very near future. I almost feel sorry for the evolutionists!!!!

More straw men. What is the mechanism for evolution removing a useless part? What about a part needed by one sex, but not the other?

ID never adds anything to science. Never has and this is why it is a dead issue in science.

I read the reviews of the Woodward book. Sounds like a rehash of the typical creationist crying with nothing new to add.

http://www.amazon.com/Darwin-Strikes-Back-Def...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You have a point, but it isn't a good one for you. Much like the fact that it really doesn't matter what the evidence is, a good lawyer will present it to a jury in a way to make it appears it supports his client. Evolutionists are the same way, they'll take an event that clearly supports an intelligent designer, much like the Cambrian Explosion, and fabricate a fantasy like punctuated equalibria, and make it appear as if that lie, explains it.

How does 56 million years of evolution harm either the theory or fact of evolution?

The cambrian is a great period in the history of evolution.

How does ID explain the events of the Cambrian better than ToE?

What is the scientific theory of ID?

What experimental results does ID have?

What SCIENTIFIC predictions does ID make?

What would Falsify ID?

What would Falsify ID?

What would Falsify ID?

What would Falsify ID?

What would Falsify ID?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Ad Hominem, I win. Plus complexity is very testable. Find a tiny computor chip on a mushroom, did you hallusinate <sp?> that it was there?

Why does other peoples (alleged) fallacies invalidate their argument but yours do not?

Complexity is a notion. It cannot be measured, tested, observed, falsified,.... etc.... EXCEPT in comparison to something else.

Oh wait, I guess I just falsified it after all!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly can remove a useless part...if there is a selectable advantage in doing so. If not, no.
You're dreaming again, but that is fine, it's your fantasy. See how evolution can just fit whatever you need it to be today!!! Absolutely no science involved!!
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have time to look for the evidence it would leave behind if it did happen. And we have found it in spades.
You've found nothing but evidence that supports creationism, interpreded it otherwise, and falsely claimed victory. Sorry, but you are far from Victory, in fact you are closer to defeat than ever.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We also have time to look for evidence that it did not happen...and nobody has ever found anything!
Another morphing of the evidence. You just disregard anything against it. Like the origin of life, irreducable complexity, the cascading blood clot sequence, lask of ability to explain the complexity of DNA, the human brain, and most of all consciousness. Your fantasy theory is in fact colapsing around you.
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no debate within science - evolution is established. But this latest attack of the midgets should be good for a laugh. Bring it on.
Oh it's coming, and you can't stop it. And it's not science vs. science. It's ID displaying the fatal flaws of evolution!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Present observable evidence. I bet the farm you can't!!! THerefore I win by default, and your insain if you think all that "just happened"!!! Your ....or most peoples, ability to look out, process what they see, and come to conclusions concerning it, proves human from non-human evolution is insain. If not, tell me how random, without aim or method processes, haphazardly produced consciousness!! I again.......BET YOU CAN"T!!!!

We have over 1 BILLION pieces of observable evidence JUST in the KNOWN and extracted fossil record.

We have Trillions in the DNA record.

Hundreds of examples of observable evidence in the natural environment.

Even evidence that has been observed LIVE and even on VIDEO.

OTOH, ID/creationism has zero evidence. Nada.

Never had it, never will.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your standard come back? You sound like a Parrot skawking "WE have, we have", when you haven't and can't. THat is why you leave the post vague and don't include the nature of the subject discussed. Because you know you've presented nothing, but want it to appear otherwise. Don't work with me pal.
I don't really give a shit what works for you or what doesn't. Anyone who has been here for the last several years knows your game. Starting with your link for the scientific method which, itself, refuted you.

You're the mathematically challenged clown who thinks birds manipulate gravity, that you can see electrons, that penguins have fins, etc, etc, etc. Someone else may be interested in repeating things to you for the hundredth time, I'm not.

So go back to playing your typical, dishonest fundie games. Boring trolls remain boring.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>...., as far as being impossible, is merely my opinion, but understanding the current research, and it confirming that the more we learn, the more complex the origin of biology becomes, the more impossible it appears for non-intelligent nature to ever have the possibility to produce it.

This is an opinion that is divorced from what scientists know and believe. Every new article that comes out related to abiogenesis indicates we are getting closer to the day we can either reproduce life or build it from scratch.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Close the curtain on the drama, and unearned intellectualism. You are not smart, nor an interesting actor. The fossil record does not support human from non-human evolution. All it can say is that something once lived, died, and left an image if itself. They can not show hereity. Don't worry about taking a bow, no one is clapping.

This just demonstrates your ignorance of both the fossil and DNA record. Humans evolved. Period. DNA CAN and DOES show heredity. The fossil record shows the progression of life through time. The DNA and Fossil records are in lock step with each other.

If you were really reading the books you say you are you should know these simple basic facts about evolution.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well be typing "I'm stupid and can't defend my world view!!!!"

Umkay, you are stupid and can't defend your world view.

Want to talk about science now?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm from the south. I often type the way I tawk!!! I'm not changing for you!! Get over it.

And you think the way southerners are taught to think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 6 min In Six a Days 498
Evolution of Human Food 9 min Eric 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min TurkanaBoy 113,285
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr MikeF 171,611
Why do half of Britons not believe in evolution? 5 hr Dogen 91
art & intelligence (Mar '11) Thu THE LONE WORKER 68
Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) Thu THE LONE WORKER 3,391
•••
•••