It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,353)

Showing posts 107,041 - 107,060 of132,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>

marksman11 wrote:

Well let's put that claim to the test. I say that due to the extrene complexity of even the most simple of life forms, that random, without aim or method, haphazard, naturalistic means can not produce life. That an intelligence is demaded for this kind of extreme complexity. Examine that and show me an observation that violates my faith based belief and proves my conclusion as impossible.

<madrone runs from this test by saying>
Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

You're dismissed, Wingnut.
Ad Hominem, I win. Plus complexity is very testable. Find a tiny computor chip on a mushroom, did you hallusinate <sp?> that it was there?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, all of the evidence you see outside of your window provides evidence for evolution. None for creation.
I am glad that we agree.
Present observable evidence. I bet the farm you can't!!! THerefore I win by default, and your insain if you think all that "just happened"!!! Your ....or most peoples, ability to look out, process what they see, and come to conclusions concerning it, proves human from non-human evolution is insain. If not, tell me how random, without aim or method processes, haphazardly produced consciousness!! I again.......BET YOU CAN"T!!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You have a point, but it isn't a good one for you. Much like the fact that it really doesn't matter what the evidence is, a good lawyer will present it to a jury in a way to make it appears it supports his client. Evolutionists are the same way, they'll take an event that clearly supports an intelligent designer, much like the Cambrian Explosion, and fabricate a fantasy like punctuated equalibria, and make it appear as if that lie, explains it.
You project way too much.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Ad Hominem, I win. Plus complexity is very testable. Find a tiny computor chip on a mushroom, did you hallusinate <sp?> that it was there?
*computer
*hallucinate

Gah, if you're going to use pointless analogies, please at least spell the important words correctly.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not that your conclusion is impossible, its that it is premature. We still do not know how simple the simplest self replicator could be.
We still do not know what processes could lead to that degree of complexity but we have not yet struck any "stop point" - any proof of impossibility - that would lead to your premature conclusion.
You cannot claim "impossibility" just because something has not been done. The physical laws that would enable men to build flying machines existed 5000 years ago, meaning that flight was always theoretically possible. But a Marksman in 1350 would solemnly tell his audience that flight was certainly impossible, or it would have been done already. He might have even gone to the point of telling his Sunday School class that suggesting humans could fly was blasphemous, as only God, Angels, and creatures designed for flight by God can fly, according to the Holy Bible.
No, I wouldn't have done that because the bible doesn't say that flight is impossible. In fact, in the 1800's it was the scientists who were saying it was impossible, and all it took was two brothers that owned a bicycle shop to prove them wrong!! Replication of the origin of life, as far as being impossible, is merely my opinion, but understanding the current research, and it confirming that the more we learn, the more complex the origin of biology becomes, the more impossible it appears for non-intelligent nature to ever have the possibility to produce it. Now you can live in a world that dreams someday that replication of the origin of life, time travel, big foot, aliens, and chubacabras will someday be confirmed if you want too, but I'll stick with what we know and are learning.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Present observable evidence. I bet the farm you can't!!! THerefore I win by default, and your insain if you think all that "just happened"!!! Your ....or most peoples, ability to look out, process what they see, and come to conclusions concerning it, proves human from non-human evolution is insain. If not, tell me how random, without aim or method processes, haphazardly produced consciousness!! I again.......BET YOU CAN"T!!!!
*insane
*insane

I think my correcting your spelling pretty much sums up your assertions.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Oh my, it seems that Marky is not exactly an honest fellow. Well I will give him another chance.
Marky, your problem is probably due to a lack of education. Do you know what scientific evidence is? It is a fairly simple but very useful idea. Part of the reason the concept was invented is because scientists tend to be a contentious group. Many scientists would disagree with each other about the evidence that supports various theories and hypotheses.
So what is this very useful but simple definition? It is that scientific evidence is evidence that supports a scientific theory or scientific hypothesis. That's it.
Now I can point to the fossil record and point out how that supports the paradigm created by the theory of evolution.
Close the curtain on the drama, and unearned intellectualism. You are not smart, nor an interesting actor. The fossil record does not support human from non-human evolution. All it can say is that something once lived, died, and left an image if itself. They can not show hereity. Don't worry about taking a bow, no one is clapping.
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Ad Hominem, I win. Plus complexity is very testable. Find a tiny computor chip on a mushroom, did you hallusinate <sp?> that it was there?
He didn't say you should be dismissed because you're a moron. No ad hominem. Moron.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You project way too much.
refute it!!
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should read the other 65 books of the bible because they may explain, like in this case, the ignorance of your conclusions.
Maybe you should read something other than the Bible, so you won't be such a moron.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
Ad Hominem, I win.
Learn what that term really means, Dumbass.
marksman11 wrote:
Plus complexity is very testable. Find a tiny computor chip on a mushroom, did you hallusinate <sp?> that it was there?
So you're backing up your unsupported claim with a halfwitted analogy. How impressive.
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I did so I shouldn't answer it again, but I'm feeling generous, so i'll let you off the hook this time.<quoted text>You didn't even word it the same as your original question, but today is you're lucky day. I know what you are asking more clearly than you can present it. Criminal cases and science have 2 different quilifiers. In a criminal trial, the jury needs evidence that leads them to a mental reaction that leads to a verdict defined as "Beyond a reasonable doubt" concerning guilt or not guilty. Science is qualified by the scientific method which demands observation, testing, and replication. THose are 2 different qualifiers. You are attempting to compare apples and oranges!
That's one of the stupidest things I've read on the Internets.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
*insane
*insane
I think my correcting your spelling pretty much sums up your assertions.
That's all you can do is gripe about spelling. Care to challenge me? Care to dare tackle the subject? IT doesn't appear you are able too. You've replied to two posts, and both were silly, non-dealing, replies.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>refute it!!
Nothing to refute, strawmen are not of interest to me. When you have a real argument based on reality, then I'll have something to refute.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should read something other than the Bible, so you won't be such a moron.
Don't you remember? Being an idiot is considered a virtue in the bible.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
You think there is a debate now, you wait until you see what the ID folks have planned for the very near future. I almost feel sorry for the evolutionists!!!!
More unsupported rhetoric to stir up the Faithful? No scientific research at all? Same as always?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn what that term really means, Dumbass.
I know exactly what it means. If you are cornered by your opponent <ME> and you can't make a point <YOU> then you think resorting to personal name calling is effective. Then your ignorance is displayed by your personal attacks rather than dealing with the topic. Call me a name again. You might as well be typing "I'm stupid and can't defend my world view!!!!"
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're backing up your unsupported claim with a halfwitted analogy. How impressive.
I have too so halfwits can understand them. I guess I'm going to have to make them 3/8's wits for you, huh?
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute!!! You are actually going to tell me that evolution can add complex organs like brains, eyes, hammer/anvil, and sturip, arms, legs, heads..etc....but can't remove a now use-less part? It seems evolution can only perform the miracles that you need it to. If we an apes had a common ancestor, how did we lose our "thumb" toe? Doesn't even make sense!!<quoted text>I don't think you are qualified to rate what is useless, or smart enough to deem what is sloppy.<quoted text>It's a loaded question. What say we ask them, Does evolution actually have the ability over time to present an observable example of a human evolving from a non-human? See, you are forced to load up such false and useless scenarios, and brother, that shows the weakness of your world view.
By the way, I just finished Eugenie Scotts silly book, and now started one called Darwin Strikes Back...by Thomas Woodward. You think there is a debate now, you wait until you see what the ID folks have planned for the very near future. I almost feel sorry for the evolutionists!!!!
Stream of ignorance.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to refute, strawmen are not of interest to me. When you have a real argument based on reality, then I'll have something to refute.
Cool, don't reply and shake in your boots. Means nothing to me.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That's all you can do is gripe about spelling. Care to challenge me? Care to dare tackle the subject? IT doesn't appear you are able too. You've replied to two posts, and both were silly, non-dealing, replies.
Offer something other than strawmen to refute first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 107,041 - 107,060 of132,830
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••