It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160922 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

marksman11

Asheville, NC

#109101 Jan 28, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
More unsupported rhetoric to stir up the Faithful? No scientific research at all? Same as always?
Read the boo.......never mind!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#109102 Jan 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What's clear is what the possibilities are since that's determined entirely and objectively by language mechanics. That's data! Your desire (not data) is for your view to be the only possible conclusion. Get use to disappointment.
My only disappointment would be how an otherwise intelligent man as yourself has to resort to childish word games. AKA dishonestly.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109103 Jan 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you jump too high you should check with someone who's objectively good with language as to what the legitimate possible meanings are.
That would not be you.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109104 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Bet you can't show me observable evidence!!!!
We have. You simply ignore anything that conflicts with your beliefs.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#109105 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
Then your ignorance is displayed by your personal attacks rather than dealing with the topic. Call me a name again. You might as well be typing "I'm stupid and can't defend my world view!!!!"

I have too so halfwits can understand them. I guess I'm going to have to make them 3/8's wits for you, huh?
You're priceless.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#109106 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm from the south. I often type the way I tawk!!! I'm not changing for you!! Get over it.
So you want everyone to think that the stereotype of how stupid people in the south are is true.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#109107 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
Read the boo.......never mind!
Read the reviews. Looks like a time waster.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#109108 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No, I wouldn't have done that because the bible doesn't say that flight is impossible. In fact, in the 1800's it was the scientists who were saying it was impossible, and all it took was two brothers that owned a bicycle shop to prove them wrong!! Replication of the origin of life, as far as being impossible, is merely my opinion, but understanding the current research, and it confirming that the more we learn, the more complex the origin of biology becomes, the more impossible it appears for non-intelligent nature to ever have the possibility to produce it. Now you can live in a world that dreams someday that replication of the origin of life, time travel, big foot, aliens, and chubacabras will someday be confirmed if you want too, but I'll stick with what we know and are learning.
Show me here in the Bible it says evolution is impossible!

Level 6

Location hidden

#109109 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute!!! You are actually going to tell me that evolution can add complex organs like brains, eyes, hammer/anvil, and sturip, arms, legs, heads..etc....but can't remove a now use-less part?
It certainly can remove a useless part...if there is a selectable advantage in doing so. If not, no.
It's a loaded question.
That is why I enjoyed asking it - its just the kind of question you like to ask.
What say we ask them, Does evolution actually have the ability over time to present an observable example of a human evolving from a non-human?
No, we have time to look for the evidence it would leave behind if it did happen. And we have found it in spades.

We also have time to look for evidence that it did not happen...and nobody has ever found anything!
You think there is a debate now, you wait until you see what the ID folks have planned for the very near future. I almost feel sorry for the evolutionists!!!!
There is no debate within science - evolution is established. But this latest attack of the midgets should be good for a laugh. Bring it on.

Level 6

Location hidden

#109110 Jan 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Close the curtain on the drama, and unearned intellectualism. You are not smart, nor an interesting actor. The fossil record does not support human from non-human evolution. All it can say is that something once lived, died, and left an image if itself. They can not show hereity. Don't worry about taking a bow, no one is clapping.
All it can say is that a succession of increasingly human-like and less ape-like creatures once lived, died, and left images of themselves in a sequence 100% compatible with evolution and predicted by it, but completely unexplained by ex-nihilo-creationism and not ever predicted by it.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109111 Jan 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Your point about the hoax was in people being misled?
You think?

Humans will go to any lengths to prove what they want to prove; even if it means fabricating evidence.

And scientists are especially good at fabricating and synthesising.
ChromiuMan wrote:
Your turn. Tell us about the Seven Ecumenical Councils.
I am not a Roman Catholic apologetic.

I have abso-facking-lutely no interest in nor concern for any Ecumenical Councils.

You people tend to either confuse or utterly disregard the fact that "Roman Catholicism" is not the same as "Devotion to the Al-Mighty".

Roman Catholics are not Christians.Roman Catholics ADOPTED Christian ideas to suit their causes.

Roman Catholicism is more of an attempt to establish political rule through religion than an actual religion.

If the building had collapsed when the [email protected] where having their council of Nicaea or whatever; Christianity would have been better off today.

My first and only concern as it relates to my religion is that I am able to see consistency and coregulation between reality and what the Leader of my faith says.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109112 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You think?
Humans will go to any lengths to prove what they want to prove; even if it means fabricating evidence.
And scientists are especially good at fabricating and synthesising.
<quoted text>
I am not a Roman Catholic apologetic.
I have abso-facking-lutely no interest in nor concern for any Ecumenical Councils.
You people tend to either confuse or utterly disregard the fact that "Roman Catholicism" is not the same as "Devotion to the Al-Mighty".
Roman Catholics are not Christians.Roman Catholics ADOPTED Christian ideas to suit their causes.
Roman Catholicism is more of an attempt to establish political rule through religion than an actual religion.
If the building had collapsed when the [email protected] where having their council of Nicaea or whatever; Christianity would have been better off today.
My first and only concern as it relates to my religion is that I am able to see consistency and coregulation between reality and what the Leader of my faith says.
So in other words, you'll buy anything that lacks evidence and avoid anything with evidence supporting it. Why do you feel that being stupid is a virtue?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109113 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing there we haven't addressed already.
No.

There is nothing in any one of those that addresses to issue of whether or not the particles of matter in and of themselves have any potential to transform themselves by themselves.

And guess what?

The primary attribute or potential of intelligence is EFFICIENCY, it makes things work.

So even if you did prove that the particles of matter in and of themselves have potential to transform themselves by themselves; all you would have demonstrated is that there is a subtle intelligence at work in nature based on the efficiency of natural processes.
The Dude wrote:
I have now also addressed all your concerns on the other thread.
And what happened when you woke up from that dream?
The Dude wrote:
So far we have evolution demonstrated and fundie claims not demonstrated.
Ya know, the usual.
You usually just talk a lot of things that you piece together and rationalize it as proof of what you want to prove.

My claims are demonstrated every minute, every, second every third.

Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence can be observed throughout the natural world.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109114 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't able to think critically. You dispute observed biological mechanisms in favour of magic Jewish wizardry.
Where is your proof that I favour "Jewish wizardry"?

I find it interesting that you cant think outside the convenient little box that institution has provided for you; yet you call me "fundie" when I am willing to think beyond institution and religion.

You are in need of psychiatric help.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#109115 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Roman Catholics are not Christians.
Classic.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#109116 Jan 28, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof that I favour "Jewish wizardry"?
I find it interesting that you cant think outside the convenient little box that institution has provided for you; yet you call me "fundie" when I am willing to think beyond institution and religion.
You are in need of psychiatric help.
You follow the bible. Bible was originally Jewish. God is just a big wizard in the sky. There, proven.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109117 Jan 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Piltdown Man? Well according to creationists it should be a valid genuine fossil of a once living organism.
The fact is that it was evolutionists that presented it as evidence.

That other people fell for the hoax is something evos should be rather facking ashamed of.
The Dude wrote:
It was in fact actually found to be fraudulent by using evolutionary science ...
Evolutionary ideas created the hoax, then evolutionary science revealed that the hoax was a hoax.*shrug*
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109118 Jan 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
... The reality is that as you were unable to refute the argument, you attempted to nitpick on sentence structure. You failed, and merely made yourself look stupid.
You lose.
What argument?

That thing you wrote had redundancy terms, as if you were using the terms to describe or define themselves.

Would you kindly repost it again and let us examine it?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109119 Jan 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
...However, the use of the word "day" in Genesis 1 is qualified by the use of "evening"...
[QUOTE who="MikeF"]

In the morning a man walks with his whole body; in the EVENING, only with his legs.

[http://www.brainyquote.com]

[QUOTE who="MikeF"]
...and "morning".
"For in the dew of little things the heart finds its MORNING and is refreshed."

[http://www.brainyquote.com]
MikeF wrote:
Now go play twister with KAB.
Since you obviously facked up English Literature class?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#109120 Jan 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you'll buy anything that lacks evidence and avoid anything with evidence supporting it.
Where is your evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 3 min Subduction Zone 246
Stacking the Deck and Intellectual Integrity 22 min Timmee 24
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min IB DaMann 67,029
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 28 min Timmee 914
Is the Peer Reviewed Journal argument sound? 39 min Timmee 53
One species or three 1 hr Timmee 278
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Dogen 28,569
More from around the web