It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160325 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108695 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zKhEw7nD9C4XX
Thank you for the help, but no wonder I hadn't understood. Not much into fantasy unlike you guys!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#108696 Jan 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever claimed nothing? Is it possible for the energy that comprises everything in the universe to be eternal?
I believe anything is possible; I mean look what came out of a Big-Bang.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#108697 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I've heard 99.9% support evolution, when I know some Drs. and professors, and everyone rejects it!! It's more a liberal philosophy than a scientific theory.
I agree.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108698 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who disagrees with you is a hypocrite, dishonest or both. Got it.
Not everyone, just you evolutionists in this group.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#108699 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
... You've made a fool out of yourself by failing to check the facts. It happens. Forget about it and move on.
The man who cant make a mistake cant make anything.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108700 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>She is no more out of touch than the rest of you. All of you are BS artists. You sit there and proclaim that the origin of life was an abiogenesis event, and no inttelligent designer is needed, and can't back a word of it with science. Not one bit of observability, testing and replication. All you have is wild guesses, fantasies, and a HEAD FULL OF FAITH!!!!!!
Coming over the the hypocrite/dishonest side, Marky?

Others can answer for themselves but I have never claimed that no intelligent designers was needed. What I have claimed is that there has been no evidence found that there was one. And that is a fact.

As an aside, why do you say "head full of faith" as if it were a bad thing? Is that not your claim to fame?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108701 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Words mean things. She constantly uses the term chemical evolution when referencing the origin of life. Heck, I'm accused of not reading science books, and when I prove you wrong, and quote from them, by their owns words, they prove their own hypocrasy. You are right, she'd never agree with me, and I take comfort in that. I also take comfort in the fact that she offers no more scientific evidence than you do and is just as wrong as you typical evolutionists. All of you are full of it and faith deniers. The thing is, you think that, when it is obvious even to a child that your beliefs require more faith than mine does. You just can't be honest about it.
I've always been honest, liar.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108702 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming over the the hypocrite/dishonest side, Marky?
Others can answer for themselves but I have never claimed that no intelligent designers was needed. What I have claimed is that there has been no evidence found that there was one. And that is a fact.
As an aside, why do you say "head full of faith" as if it were a bad thing? Is that not your claim to fame?
You just claim to be agnostic, and argue for atheism. You are just an atheist with no balls. And there is nothing wrong with a head full of faith at all. It is just that you won't say it, when it is obvious you have a mouth full of it and its crumbs on your chin.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108703 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been honest, liar.
There you go again.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108705 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, did I mention I acquired a cello? That takes some getting used to.
Cool, the hard part about a cello is getting it under your chin:-)

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108706 Jan 24, 2013
God Himself wrote:
Just because the involvement of an agent is superfluous to an investigation doesnt mean the agent does not exist.
Nor that it does.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108707 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the help, but no wonder I hadn't understood. Not much into fantasy unlike you guys!
It's not fantasy. It's humor. Try it sometime.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#108708 Jan 24, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
I just dont see how they fit into the evolution thing, since they would have been another race just as developed as we are.
As a matter of fact, it should refute evolution theory because it proves that there were humans back then and not some distant "ancestor" at a lower stage of "evolution".
Let me clear up two misconceptions here. One, finding out that an extinct species is not ancestoral to a extant species does not refute evolution. It refutes the hypothesis of the phylogeny of the extant species. This occurs amongst taxonomists and systematicists all the time. As new information comes in the phylogenies are adjusted to accomodate that information. Two, ancestoral is not a "lower" stage of evolution, it is just earlier than the extant species. An ancestoral species does not have to be extinct. The ancestoral and the derived species could exist contemporaneously. One not being "lower" than the other, but suited for the environment and conditions they evolved in.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108709 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone, just you evolutionists in this group.
I challenge you to prove one hypocritical or dishonest thing I've said here in almost five years.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108710 Jan 24, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The man who cant make a mistake cant make anything.
- Abraham Lincoln.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108711 Jan 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... So you are incapable of understanding that the time-frame for abiogenesis would be expected to be much longer than evolution itself once life is established. No surprise since you are also unable to understand the distinction between the two. That's OK, Marky. That's pretty much what we've come to expect from you.
You act as if the process (if it actually existed) to produce life took millions of years,as if it was going through a process in itself creating complexity. THe origin of life had to almost happen instantly. Either it is life or it isn't. It's like being "Kindda pregnant". Either you is life, or youze ain't life. The chemicals needed for life to evolve (in your view, not mine)might have been around a long time, but it spontainiously generating into life had to be almost instant.
Creationism explains the origin of life much better.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#108712 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the help, but no wonder I hadn't understood. Not much into fantasy unlike you guys!
I have been thinking about you and your standard of evidence. Based on what you post, I would say that you must support the case that most murder trials should not be proscecuted or result in a conviction and further that most people incarcerated for murder should be freed.

Am I correct in this conclusion?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108713 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You just claim to be agnostic, and argue for atheism.
Prove that I've done that.
marksman11 wrote:
You are just an atheist with no balls.
Enough balls to stand up to the like of you.
marksman11 wrote:
And there is nothing wrong with a head full of faith at all. It is just that you won't say it, when it is obvious you have a mouth full of it and its crumbs on your chin.
Simply because you and I have differing opinions of what that word means.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108714 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, the hard part about a cello is getting it under your chin:-)
Yeah, that spike keeps sticking me in the neck.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108715 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You act as if the process (if it actually existed) to produce life took millions of years,as if it was going through a process in itself creating complexity. THe origin of life had to almost happen instantly.
Why?
marksman11 wrote:
Either it is life or it isn't. It's like being "Kindda pregnant". Either you is life, or youze ain't life.
Is a virus life? A prion?
marksman11 wrote:
The chemicals needed for life to evolve (in your view, not mine might have been around a long time, but it spontainiously generating into life had to be almost instant.
Again, why? Who says (besides you) says it had to be instant? That is only your myopic view of things. Not the view of science.
marksman11 wrote:
Creationism explains the origin of life much better.
Creationism explains nothing. It just shrugs its shoulders and says "goddidit".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Subduction Zone 220,713
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min Subduction Zone 61,580
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 47 min Dogen 2,721
Curious dilemma about DNA 1 hr Dogen 14
One species or three 3 hr Subduction Zone 7
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Mar 23 Regolith Based Li... 99
More from around the web