It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,331)

Showing posts 106,601 - 106,620 of132,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't live in a fantasy world. Funny, I sit here unscathed, and on the offence. You need to open your eyes.
As I said, Black Knight.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
So says you, who wasn't there, and taking the word of others who also weren't there, who were taught to believe such things by others that also weren't there.
Precisely what you're doing with the bible.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I just quoted from Eugenie Scotts book where the origin of life is also a part of evolution. I give references in tht post. Like you, I love the subject also. As a point, although I disagree with you concerning it, I think you are more honest about it than most of your team in this forum.
Scott was speaking in the vernacular in that sentence you quoted. You can seriously believe that she agrees with you, can you?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>But then, if you are trying to prove that GOD doesn't exist, and that nature is all that is needed, even if you did get spontainious generation (which you won't) you'll have to explain how these "conditions" also came into existence naturally.

Bullshit. The is not what Chimney said. He said "...the same thing could happen in a natural environment whether or not a designer was present."

That is not a disproof of god. Are you so desperate to pin an atheist label on anyone who doesn't share your 'faith' thaat you will twist the words of someone else?

[QUOTE who="marksman11"]I'm glad I'm not you. And you really refuse to say that your beliefs don't require faith? Yours requires more faith than mine does!!!
Nope.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You are insane!! THEN REPLICATE IT DUMMY!!! Scientists much smarter than you have been trying and failing for entire lifetimes!! That was really an ignorant statement for you to make!!! It makes you appear much more out of touch than you really a.......IT MAKES YOU APPEAR OUT OF TOUCH!!
It took a billion years for life to arise yet Marky seems to think we should be able to figure it all out in one lifetime. And he thinks Kitten is out of touch?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
*** Breaking story *** Marksman11 proven to be a dishonest quote miner in this post ***
This is incorrect. Chemical evolution and biological evolution are observed facts. I suspect you are quote mining again.
Hypothesis: Quote mining is the sort of unethical practice that one expects creationists to engage in (by history).
After a little searching I find your quote:
http://books.google.com/books...
Turns out this is not a quote of the author, but a quote the author DEBUNKS. Phillip Johnson (known antiscience creationist) is the source of the quote.
You are BUSTED again. Again you are show to be nothing more than a dishonest creationist.
CRACK! OUTTA HERE!

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. Just be honest and cut and paste what I say rather than twisting it into something I didn't say. You will be able to tell it is mine by the spelling:-)

Note new forum rule: Only Marky is allowed to twist what someone says.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
I love it when a plan comes together!!! Hurry up and search my last quote Dugan!!! Hurry!!!
by the way, here's you another one....
"but synthesizing complete RNA or DNA is extraodinarily difficult.
After a replicating structure evolved (whether it started out as PNA or RNA or DNA or something else....."
Notice she said, "replicating structure evolved"!!! Granted, she's a hypocrite like you are. She says they are two different things, but hypocritically uses languge that says other wise.
I love when a good plan comes together. Now.....run a search out this quote!! HURRY!!! it's on page 25!!!
Again, vernacular. Scott would never agree with you.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>... How are the slaves normally acknowledged?
ChromiuMan wrote:
"For the last several centuries, it's been with a cracker and a sip of wine."
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you expecting some enduring mention of Israelite slaves building prominent structures in Egypt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it isn't. You're just being silly.
You're providing no data to prove your point.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unnecessary to discuss the mountain tops as such.
The mountains that were covered will automatically be in the region that was flooded regardless of whether the flood was global or local.
You only wanted to say hi, isnt that it?
Ok. Fine.
Hi KAB.
How are you?
Is everything ok?
Do you know much about the physical properties of water? Consider a modest mountain of 5,000 feet. What would be the global implications of that "local" mountain being covered with water? Now that's data!
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Most liberal theologians believe that Paul did not write Ephesians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus, even though the books identify Paul as their author. Liberals suggest that the Epistles 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus were written 35 to 85 years after Paul's death. Their main reason is that these Epistles discussed church matters that only became of concern to the church after Paul's death. Most liberal theologians believe that James and Jude were not written by Jesus' brothers, and were composed after 100 CE. Also, they believe that 2 Peter and 1,2 & 3 John were not written by the apostles. More details.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
They're all entitled to their opinions, in their case admittedly liberal biased.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know much about the physical properties of water? Consider a modest mountain of 5,000 feet. What would be the global implications of that "local" mountain being covered with water? Now that's data!
No, that is fantasy.
While you have been busy being starstruck at how great God's power must be to have accomplished such a feat, you have already been provided information about the weight of water, the volume of water in a cubic mile, the atmospheric pressures beneath the water column, the crush limit of pine wood, the hypothetical effects (because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN) of both fresh and salt water intrusion on ecosystems, etc., etc.
"KABBY! Time to wake up, dear!"
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You think neanderthal was not one of the human species? Wow, you are clueless.
Oh, and you're an animal too.
Not really.

I just dont see how they fit into the evolution thing, since they would have been another race just as developed as we are.

As a matter of fact, it should refute evolution theory because it proves that there were humans back then and not some distant "ancestor" at a lower stage of "evolution".
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That was awesome, but I thought all scientists supported evolution?:-)
LOL!

Are you being sarcastic?!!

You must be careful to do your research because EVOLUTIONISTS WILL CONCEAL INFORMATION AND NEGLECT VALID EVIDENCE.

There are scientists (even atheist scientists) in many fields of science including genetics and molecular biology who dont agree that evolution theory is valid nor that it accurately describes any real event/process.

There are prestigious scientific communities that laugh at the idea that evolution even could have occurred

But if you are not checking, you will tend to believe that the whole scientific world is in favour of evolution.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

God Himself wrote:
There are scientists (even atheist scientists) in many fields of science including genetics and molecular biology who dont agree that evolution theory is valid nor that it accurately describes any real event/process.
A very tiny minority. If you check.
God Himself wrote:
There are prestigious scientific communities that laugh at the idea that evolution even could have occurred
Where are they?
God Himself wrote:
But if you are not checking, you will tend to believe that the whole scientific world is in favour of evolution.
The vast majority. If you check.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Are you being sarcastic?!!
You must be careful to do your research because EVOLUTIONISTS WILL CONCEAL INFORMATION AND NEGLECT VALID EVIDENCE.
I can't wait to see your list of "prestigious scientific communities." PLEASE, PLEASE make it available in your next post!!!

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to see your list of "prestigious scientific communities." PLEASE, PLEASE make it available in your next post!!!
Any bets it starts out with the Discovery Institute?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>When a person says things that are obviously incorrect because they think they know what they are talking about, and don't, that by definition is ignorance, and saying so not an ad hominem attack..

So you are claiming ignorance now.

'bout time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Call it what you want, but in your hypocrasy you often use "There" in stead of "They're" so don't throw rocks hypocrite.

Often?

New definition of 'often': once.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 106,601 - 106,620 of132,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••