It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#108620 Jan 24, 2013
Number 4:
With Godís help Joseph Smith translated the tablets from reformed Egyptian.

No linguist has ever heard of a language called reformed Egyptian.

Number 5:
After establishing the Mormon church, Joseph Smith went to work manufacturing underwear with mystic symbols embroidered therein.
He commanded all Mormons to either wear or hold on to this undergarment at all times, and promised that it would protect them from all harm, both physical and spiritual.

A Rescue Squadsman, living in a Nevada area which was 30% Mormon, kept a record of every accident victim that he undressed over a period of months. He found that 30% of his unfortunate subjects wore Mormon underwear, just as the null hypothesis would predict.

Number 6:
Joseph Smith once purchased an ancient Egyptian papyrus.
With help from his followers, and of course with help from God, he worked for several months, diligently translated the papyrus.
He found it to be a scripture written by Abraham during his sojourn in Egypt.

Egyptologists gained possession of the papyrus and found it to be nothing more than government records of births and deaths.

Number 7:
An early Mormon magazine published an article quoting Joseph Smith as saying that the moon is inhabited.
The inhabitants of the moon have an average lifespan of about one thousand years, both the men and the women grow to an average of six feet tall, and they dress like the Quakers.

Astronauts found the moon to be uninhabited.

Now I would like to ask you three questions:

1.Of the above examples, which do you believe, the religious claims or the scientific rebuttals?

2.In matters pertaining to Creationism, which do you believe, the religious claims or the scientific rebutalls?

3. Do your answers to questions 1 and 2 differ? If so, why?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108621 Jan 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you expecting some enduring mention of Israelite slaves building prominent structures in Egypt?
http://harvardmagazine.com/2003/07/who-built-...
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108622 Jan 24, 2013
I love it when a plan comes together!!! Hurry up and search my last quote Dugan!!! Hurry!!!

by the way, here's you another one....

"but synthesizing complete RNA or DNA is extraodinarily difficult.
After a replicating structure evolved (whether it started out as PNA or RNA or DNA or something else....."

Notice she said, "replicating structure evolved"!!! Granted, she's a hypocrite like you are. She says they are two different things, but hypocritically uses languge that says other wise.
I love when a good plan comes together. Now.....run a search out this quote!! HURRY!!! it's on page 25!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108623 Jan 24, 2013
sorry....page 27

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108624 Jan 24, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is that:
The involvement of an intelligent influence in arranging a condition(s) to generate a particular outcome will reveal the capacity of intelligence in controlling that process.
Hence the act of creating a living cell or some form of life in a laboratory will only further demonstrate that life emerges under intelligent influence.
The act of creating a living cell or some form of life etc in a lab will NEVER show that life could have "naturally" emerged; because the conditions in the lab are wilfully created and intelligently designed and controlled.
Logic fail. If I willfully create lightning in the controlled conditions of a laboratory, it most definitely does *NOT* prove that lightning requires an intelligent influence.

So too, if the conditions in the lab were willfully created to recreate the UNWILLFULLY created conditions of early Earth, it would demonstrate that life can arise on its own.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108625 Jan 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide verse citations for one specific thing which is wrong. If it sticks, it will give you a toehold toward confirming your assertion.
Genesis 1. The earth was not created before the sun (among other things).
KAB wrote:
The one from your side to which I was responding raised relative age as a reasoning point. I'm sure he's pleased that you take issue with its significance.
I implied no such thing.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108626 Jan 24, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain yourself.
I just explained how the text might have been referring to a local area instead of the entire globe and you present me with that?
To accomplish what exactly?
All the passages you quoted have "THE earth" which may refer to the area of soil one is standing on; but none have "Earth" as denoting the entire planet.
You dont have a point do you?
I suspect you are just feeling a bit tardie today.
You did notice the repeated references to "all", did you not?

I suspect your reading comprehension is a bit tardie.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#108627 Jan 24, 2013
Here's you one more Dugan....

"Nucleated Cells.....The first cells on earth......
Nucleated (eukaryotic) cells didn't evolve until about 1.5 million years ago."

Evolution verse Creationism...author Eugenie Scott..page 29..

RUN DUGAN RUN!!!!!!

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#108628 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
No, I don't live in a fantasy world. Funny, I sit here unscathed, and on the offence. You need to open your eyes.
That black armor looks great on you. What's happened to the leg?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108629 Jan 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I only went as far as I did out of general curiosity. I'm not the one struggling to confirm a point. You may want to consider that material, so once you find it, you can direct me to the confirming data you're sure it contains.
Thanks for admitting that you did not review all of the information and jumped the gun without the required data.

And I've already directed you to the pertinent information. Too lazy to do your own homework, kab?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108630 Jan 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Bible's supported by confirming data.
You may want to consider that material, so once you find it, you can direct me to the confirming data you're sure it contains

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108631 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't live in a fantasy world. Funny, I sit here unscathed, and on the offence. You need to open your eyes.
As I said, Black Knight.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108632 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
So says you, who wasn't there, and taking the word of others who also weren't there, who were taught to believe such things by others that also weren't there.
Precisely what you're doing with the bible.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108633 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I just quoted from Eugenie Scotts book where the origin of life is also a part of evolution. I give references in tht post. Like you, I love the subject also. As a point, although I disagree with you concerning it, I think you are more honest about it than most of your team in this forum.
Scott was speaking in the vernacular in that sentence you quoted. You can seriously believe that she agrees with you, can you?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108634 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>But then, if you are trying to prove that GOD doesn't exist, and that nature is all that is needed, even if you did get spontainious generation (which you won't) you'll have to explain how these "conditions" also came into existence naturally.

Bullshit. The is not what Chimney said. He said "...the same thing could happen in a natural environment whether or not a designer was present."

That is not a disproof of god. Are you so desperate to pin an atheist label on anyone who doesn't share your 'faith' thaat you will twist the words of someone else?

[QUOTE who="marksman11"]I'm glad I'm not you. And you really refuse to say that your beliefs don't require faith? Yours requires more faith than mine does!!!
Nope.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108635 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You are insane!! THEN REPLICATE IT DUMMY!!! Scientists much smarter than you have been trying and failing for entire lifetimes!! That was really an ignorant statement for you to make!!! It makes you appear much more out of touch than you really a.......IT MAKES YOU APPEAR OUT OF TOUCH!!
It took a billion years for life to arise yet Marky seems to think we should be able to figure it all out in one lifetime. And he thinks Kitten is out of touch?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108636 Jan 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
*** Breaking story *** Marksman11 proven to be a dishonest quote miner in this post ***
This is incorrect. Chemical evolution and biological evolution are observed facts. I suspect you are quote mining again.
Hypothesis: Quote mining is the sort of unethical practice that one expects creationists to engage in (by history).
After a little searching I find your quote:
http://books.google.com/books...
Turns out this is not a quote of the author, but a quote the author DEBUNKS. Phillip Johnson (known antiscience creationist) is the source of the quote.
You are BUSTED again. Again you are show to be nothing more than a dishonest creationist.
CRACK! OUTTA HERE!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108637 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. Just be honest and cut and paste what I say rather than twisting it into something I didn't say. You will be able to tell it is mine by the spelling:-)

Note new forum rule: Only Marky is allowed to twist what someone says.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108638 Jan 24, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
I love it when a plan comes together!!! Hurry up and search my last quote Dugan!!! Hurry!!!
by the way, here's you another one....
"but synthesizing complete RNA or DNA is extraodinarily difficult.
After a replicating structure evolved (whether it started out as PNA or RNA or DNA or something else....."
Notice she said, "replicating structure evolved"!!! Granted, she's a hypocrite like you are. She says they are two different things, but hypocritically uses languge that says other wise.
I love when a good plan comes together. Now.....run a search out this quote!! HURRY!!! it's on page 25!!!
Again, vernacular. Scott would never agree with you.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108639 Jan 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>... How are the slaves normally acknowledged?
ChromiuMan wrote:
"For the last several centuries, it's been with a cracker and a sip of wine."
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you expecting some enduring mention of Israelite slaves building prominent structures in Egypt?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 14 min DanFromSmithville 127,919
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 1 hr Dogen 94
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 5 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,578
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 21 hr DanFromSmithville 175,466
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) Wed MikeF 1,902
More Theories to Disprove Creation Wed The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE