It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151410 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107827 Jan 17, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>ohhh and geee ever wonder why you need a new and different flu vaccine every season.... oh oh oh pick me pick me....
I don't need a new flu vaccine every season. I've never taken it, and never will. If the flu vaccine is so needed, why this terrible flu season? It seems you are not doing a very good job!! By the way. Intelligent people have no need of filthy language. Make no mistake, I don't have virgin ears and I can out cuss you any day of the week. I'm just smarter and don't have too.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107828 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>Hhhhmmmm and your god picked up a hand of dust and created Adam and Lilith...... And you want people to believe that... LOL
I don't care if they believe it or not. I'm not trying to convince them of the validity of my faith based beliefs. I'm proving the ignorance and invalidity or your falsely claimed psuedoscientific ones. I don't want creationism in the science class because it isn't science. I want human from non-human evolution out for the exact same reason.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107829 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>yaaaaaaa right.... you think for yourself yet base your life off a 2000 year old comic book
now that's good
That is correct, I base my life in what I believe is the word of GOD, therefore I think for myself. If I didn't I would be agreeing with your ignorance. What is observable here? Me taking my stand and thinking for myself? Or looking ignorant by letting you do my thinking for me? Don't you science types just hate it when observation is used?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#107830 Jan 17, 2013
tfj wrote:
If humans have evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
Now that is an interesting question.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#107831 Jan 17, 2013
UHS85 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is an interesting question.
If people emigrated from Britain to America, why are there still people in Britain?

That is a pretty exact analogy in answer to your question. If you understood evolution, you would know why.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107832 Jan 17, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

Marksman, what time does day stop and night start?
When the sun disappears below the horizon.
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
At what age does a child change into an adult?
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
At how many degrees does the weather stop being cold and start being hot?
There is no such thing as cold. Cold isn't and can't be measured. All you can do is measure the absence of heat.
Now, I've answered your questions. You answer mine. I didn't dodge yours, but you dodged mine. Please answer.....At what point did non-humans evolve into humans? What changed that made the non-humans offspring human? What was the difference between the two? Please, no more dodging.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107833 Jan 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but weren't you also partaking in evolution v. creation were this was discussed extensively.
So going on and on, with some weird notion that everyone must have very short memories and be just as desinterested in what others write as you display, is counterproductive.
So no we do not have to ( i posted the relevant studies i think a bloody well 6 times!) keep on repeating ourselves or even try to correct all the vile misinterpretations you ascribe to others.
That is shaitanic i.e. backstabbing by publicly portraying people in a false light. Spreading malicious rumour.
I knew you couldn't answer. You dodged then, and you just dodged again. No wonder human from non-human evolution appears so weak. YOU GUYS CAN'T DEFEND IT!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107834 Jan 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you did, you'd not continue to use the same old canards and fallacies. So the next question is, why do you insist on lying?
Sticks and stones little girl. Have you never heard that names will never hurt me, and it certainly doesn't support human from non-human evolution?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107835 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>you christards wouldn't recognize real data if you tripped over it
Maybe you should try providing some and see, but dang, then that pesky ole "observation" thingy rears it's ugly head again.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107836 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>wow... it's gotta be tough being so ignorant as you
Really? That's all ya got? A brilliant scientist such as yourself is forced to resort to childish playground insults that don't even work in the play ground? How old are you?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107837 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>you really have no idea how dumb you really are to reallity... i swear its like listening to a third grader respond to a peer who tells them there is no santa....
i work in the DNA/Genomics area of biology and you just have no clue the amount of evolutionary data .... that you will never know or even understsand
You sound like John Kerry telling everyone a thousand times that he was in Vietnam. So what, you work in DNA/Genomics.....rather than tell us where you work, try posting something convincing. When I ask for the difference between humans and non-humans, and you reply to me with where you work......well sorry, but that ain't impressive, or covincing, or intelligent, or informative, or scientific.....and I could keep going. Present this emperical evidence that is observable, testable, and replicatable, where non-humans evolved into humans. What changed? What made the human different than the non-human? Come on, you work in DNA/Genomics.....remember?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#107838 Jan 17, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That is correct, I base my life in what I believe is the word of GOD, therefore I think for myself.
I can accept that. Yet at the same time, you condescendingly claim that everybody who thinks global warming or evolution might be real have mindlessly absorbed the liberal propaganda foisted on schools since the 60's. Isn't that what you said?

I base my thinking on the scientific method and its interpretation of the physical evidence that surrounds us. Not according to your misinterpretation of the method, but according to that method as used by scientists every day, and backed by the philosophers who actually put together the method and who would not accept your misinterpretation of it.

Books can be faked or erroneous, but the physical evidence is there for all to see. Our best attempts to understand and interpret that evidence and use it to make valid predictions is the only knowledge of the universe (or God) that we can rely on.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#107839 Jan 17, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the "day" in Genesis 2? BTW, now we're considering data, although per usual not from your side.
Have you allready learned how to open excell?
Read the snow amassing figures yet?
And what have you concluded?

24 hours , we've discussed this, with the hebrew grammar and explanations, months ago.
Besides you will find the explanation in exodus!
As mentioned some 30 pages back also.

No KAB, we know how you do not deal with information, regardless the side. Even your own.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107840 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>the man and his niece are beyond stupid..... I mean like a special catagory of dumbazz..... No wonder he lives in North Carolina... Hell his niece is probably his child thru his sisterwife
Typical brainwashed liberal, and a product of your own lack of education. A truly educated person wouldn't spout such intolerances, but hey, you are forced into ad hominem attacks. If you and your fellow GODless liberals can't defend your own views, personally attack. You are much to be pitied. I always heard that us Right wing Christians were the intolerant ones. But no, it's the DNA/Genome gods that take that award!!!!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107841 Jan 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
In the fields of archaeology, paleontology, and paleoanthropology in the last 20 years or so the sciences have been able to trace Homo-sapiens to our very first appearance in the fossil record beginning around 200,000 years ago. DNA has recently backed this up, see the following websites. Of particular interest is the National Geographic genome study of over half a million people throughout the world.
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-0...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
I looked at your very first link. It told me that they were testing peoples DNA and asked for money. I see no reason to change my opinion of human from non-human evolution. I did feel a need to make sure my billfold was still intact when the video stopped. Not wasting time running rabbits with your other links.

Level 5

Location hidden

#107842 Jan 17, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Something tells me you are aware of some of this, but are in denial regarding the significance. It does shatter your view of a Bible as a confirmed accurate source of information.
If you want to use the Bible as a science book, don't be surprised when that is brought back to your doorstep. It is a theology book, full of some history, poetry, and the structure of a fine morality. I have said this before and it still stands. The value of the Bible is not diminished by the fact that it is not word for word literal translation of historical events and Gods dictation. If it is that weak, Christian religions are in trouble.
The silly thing is that KAB is frankly Alzheimering along.
So when i write something it would be to educate others that might be interested. Or to put very complex, huge amounts of information in a very small package.
I allready read the last page and i totally agree with our learned molecular biologist.
I've allready learned and seen time and time again, that creos are lazy and frankly rather deny than bother to understand.

And KAB keeps forgetting he's not a peer in any sense of the word.
I do admit he seems to be picking some things up, but the bet is that he will have forgotten f.i. the various meanings of refutation after another 5 pages.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107843 Jan 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
marksman, do you deny the fact that much of the Northern Hemisphere was covered by ice up to 10,000 years ago? Do you know what happens when you take water out of the ocean and put it on land in the form of ice? Sea level drops. If the ice masses are big then sea level drops a lot. We have evidence of how far the sea levels dropped. What evidence do you have that backs up your beliefs?
Oh that's right, none.
I don't think you or anyone else knows much about what happened 10,000 years ago. Heck, you don't even know who built the great pyramid around 4500 years ago. They still debate who shot Kennedy in 1963. My evidence? I'm in my 50's. I've been going to Myrtle Beach my whole life, and the sea level is the same as it wss when I was a child. When younger, all cars smoked terribly, and trains were aweful to polute. Cars now days burn many times cleaner than they did then, and train are 500% cleaner and are equipped with automatic shutdowns if they idle over 5 minutes. If you guys would just incorporate observation into your daily lives rather than relying on others to tell you what to believe, your opinions might be different.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107844 Jan 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And marksman if your problem is with global warming then you are in another form of denial.
The Earth did warm significantly last century. That will cause sea level rise through two different processes. First and most obvious more ice will melt. Ice has melted from Greenland and Antarctica. Guess where it ends up. Second the oceans as a whole have been slowly warming. If you warm up a volume of water, no matter what size, it will expand. You should have learned that in a basic middle school chemistry class.
I know all that, and I have no problem in that we may be experiencing some warming. It''s just not man caused. Science says there has been warming and cooling cycles throughout the earths history, but where was man to cause it? Science also says Mars is going through a heating cycle. I guess it's all those dang MArtians fault.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#107845 Jan 17, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution holds up admirably to the scientific method.
It began as a hypothesis to explain the observed differences in creatures found in the fossil record over time, along with the existing biodiversity and some anomalies of natures such as atavisms.
It made predictions about further evidence of change that should be found in the fossil record if evolution had happened, such as ape-human intermediate forms, the convergence of mammals and birds with reptiles, etc, none of which had been found at the time. But true to its predictions, they have been found since.
And it made specific predictions about the nested hierarchy on the genome which have been borne out brilliantly by discovery in recent years.
Evolution also "prohibited" certain things - i.e. predicted they would never be found. For example, mammals in the earliest strata, birds with 3-boned middle ears. Millions of fossil finds later, there is still nothing that violates the nested hierarchy of evolution.
That, friend, is called massive confirmation of a scientific theory IN SCIENCE. Its exactly the same confirmation process applied to relativity, quantum mechanics, and so on. They make predictions which observation and experiment confirm. Period.
Therefore, evolution
Now, tell me one reason why everything you mentioned can not be a product of an intelligent designer. The human brain is the most complex thing in the known universe, and you want us to believe that haphazard, without aim or method random processes produced it? Before you have evolution, or at least claim victory for evolution, first you must figure out and replicate the origin of life, because the complexity of the brain, and the origin of life at this point demand an intelligent designer, and if this designer exists, it has no need of evolution. It demands an intelligent designer to such a point that even if a scientist replicated the origin of life in a lab, even that PROVES INTELLIGENT DESIGN!!! Do you really think that haphazard, without aim or method processes can actually produce something that can procreate itself, heal itself, and that these random processes can produce something that is aware of itself? Has this ever been observed before in human history? Heck random nature can't even produce a 2 hinged nut cracker, let alone a human brain!!!

Level 5

Location hidden

#107846 Jan 17, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>and I answered it. I was asked the difference. I got one from my mother, and the other from both. Can't get more clear than that skippy.
After your claim of being dumb allready for forty years and being proud of it, we thus also learn that you are infertile, bald and prone to mental instability and a heartcondition. Markman II as in XXY.

But still clueless as to your understanding of mitDNA.

Maybe you should have stuck to discussing mammoths in the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 200,941
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min JOEL GEN Y 40,134
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 45 min DanFromSmithville 15,722
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... Thu One way or another 4
Proof that all of Christianity is a lie Thu THE LONE WORKER 41
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) Wed Bob of Quantum-Faith 82
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Jul 18 UneducatedBlacks69 1,748
More from around the web