It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
104,981 - 105,000 of 136,212 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It most certainly was. If not, why fake a skull? He wanted to be recognized, evolution desperately needed evidence. It was the perfect 42 year scam!!! Evolution still needs evidence, thus the many other scam attempts.
His motivation was as you correctly state, personal recognition. He wanted fame for himself and glory for Great Britain. Evolution was the vehicle, not the destination.
Just as with you, being INCAPABLE of distinguishing the difference because your investment in promoting Creationism over scientific inquiry is personal, not selfless. It's all about the motivation. What is mine, you might ask? Entertainment.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So your side wants to make a point, and you want me to do the research to find your data. Can anyone MF trusts help him to recognize his faulty reasoning here?
LOL! Are you now cutting and pasting from posts TO you?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHA...you don't even know emperically that the earth is a million years old. You weren't there to observe the origin of life, and all you do is spout what other have told you, that also weren't there and don't know.
And you don't know that the Earth is only 6000-10000 years old.

You weren't there to see your "god" magically poof the universe into existence.

All you do is regurgitate the words and ideas of some bronze age, goat herders who wrote a FAIRY TALE some 2300+ years ago.

Me personally, and I imagine for the VAST majority of people on our planet, I'll go with REAL logic, reasoning, the scientific method, observation, experimentation, scientific research, empirical evidence and the men and women who have studied it and worked with it pretty much EVERY DAY for the past 300+ years. And ALL, I repeat, ALL of it says your bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE is bullish!t where science and history are concerned.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Viable population and diversity are at issue.
With the three brother model, we get most likely issues of inbreeding and thus infertility.
Hi, Maat.

Where ya been?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, screw it. Let's just solve the matter with invisible Godmagic, ain't no problem too big!
http://www.labspaces.net/123139/Scientists_se...
To state it boldly: the three-brother postulate as practised by the denisovans and neanderthals clearly isn't viable.

(interesting website, with more discussion pieces)
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So your side wants to make a point, and you want me to do the research to find your data. Can anyone MF trusts help him to recognize his faulty reasoning here?
Oh, please. REAL scientific and historical research, data, information is EASILY found here in the information age. Just because YOU ignore, reject, dismiss, disparage and LIE about it all doesn't mean anyone other than you has faulty reasoning.

Heck, if you are so sure of your "data" why are you posting it here on an internet forum. Take it out into the wide world and use it to make some MONEY for yourself.

My guess, you won't because 1) you are too much of a coward and 2) the ONLY people who would pay you for it are ones who are as deluded as you are. Utter Cowturd, Jim the Failed Carpet Layer, Malarkeyman11, Shoobert, etc. come to mind. "Good creation scientists" are soooo hard to find.[/sarcasm]

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So your side wants to make a point, and you want me to do the research to find your data.
Will this help?
https://www.google.com/
KAB wrote:
Can anyone MF trusts help him to recognize his faulty reasoning here?
That you would actually get off your fat ass and do some research?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I have students that teach at universities now.
Yeah right, like anyone believes that. Which universities? Liberty? Bob Jones? Patriot? What subjects? Underwater basket weaving? Remedial English? Janitorial services?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I have students that teach at universities now. You?
You LIE about everything else. Chances are that this is just another one of your LIES.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
[...]
Of the 2 scenarios on the table at present, I'd suggest evidence that supports a source of energy (God) having the ability to make the universe and mammals is at least supported in principle with lifeless matter and the universe. Life is matter, electrons protons, put into particular arrangements with electric charge (quantum mechanics). Your scenario of abiogenesis is not supported at all and should be the easier to demonstrate with todays laboratory technology. I am lucky to have anything, but I do, and that is more than you.
If an inability to exactly explain, and repeatedly demonstrate, the physics that brought life into being means a theory is non credible then you can also throw out your TOE with my creationism.
So I say that I actually have more evidence for my 'God did it' paradigm than your 'dirt did it' paradigm.
I suggest evolutionists not only lack any facts, but also much contrived data better aligns with creationism than TOE. eg fossil evidence for aves and cetacia, deteriorating genome, negative effects of accumulating beneficial mutations, validation of creationist predictions.
As has been pointed out allready: energy is matter and vice versa.
So either we and all we know are god or we can simply point god out.( The missing black matter would be the likely candidate.) Proof so to say.(What jesus has to do with anything remains elusive. And et's not forget the gap-theory, since the postulation of a world about ~5700 y.o. is just a handy tool. Nothing in the hebrew bible permits us to calculate precisely.)

You keep on about 'creationist predictions'...but all i read are vague speculations and a less than accurate understanding and interpretation of physics and biology.(A case of projection i'm sure.)
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess we could all be trapped in the Matrix. Oh well, since nihilism is the order of the day then this renders the whole conversation moot.(As if you were ever conversing anyway).
A simple acknowledgement that you can't provide any confirmation would have been sufficient.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Viable population and diversity are at issue.
With the three brother model, we get most likely issues of inbreeding and thus infertility.
Most likely is not definite, right? Hey, 12 bison(?) managed it, and they weren't even thinking about it!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I have answered a multitude of questions and you fruit loops never answer mine.
Pyura chilensis is an invertebrate sea animal that resembles a mass of organs inside a rock. They often live in dense aggregations of population in the intertidal and subtidal coast of Chile and Peru. Similar in appearance to a marine rock structure, it is a filter feeder and eats by sucking in water rich in organic matter and filtering out microorganisms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyura_chilensis
The answer is it is NOT a rock. WOW, you hero, how difficult was that? Now you know.
Now piss off and answer my question.
What reptilian traits does Ichthyosaurus have?
I didn't ask a question. I made an assertion. Once again Maz shows us her baffling ability to completely fail to understand and comprehend what she reads.

I did answer your question. Others have answered your question. Evolution has given you the ultimate answer to your question. It is never enough. We give and we give and we give and you just take and want more. I don't know if I can go on with this relationship Maz. I think we need to see a couples counselor. I know Evolution thinks so and I believe the others will agree.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Gee! Wow! Zowie!
Madrone, how did you know MazHere wouldn't listen?
Since you posted this message, MazHere has misinterpreted one message, ignored all the others, and repeated one of her earlier posts for the umpteenth time.
You must be a prophet! A seer! A revelator!
Tell us where you live, so we can all bring you gold, myrrh, and frankincense!
<blush> I enjoy occasional periods of lucidity.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely is not definite, right? Hey, 12 bison(?) managed it, and they weren't even thinking about it!
Data?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well with enough whipping you finally had a go for once. Good!
Ok ... "HAD two pairs of limbs" does not distinguish Ichthyosaurus from cetacia because whales are supposedly tetrapods and also come from 4 limbed tetrapods. So this does not appear to be a reptilian trait anymore than cetacean have 4 'legs'.
As for digit like bones in flippers I am not sure what they are talking about. Is it not the digits in whale flippers that evos are always going on about.
Cetaceans (whales, dolphins, and porpoises) have a soft tissue flipper that encases most of the forelimb, and elongated digits with an increased number of phalanges (hyperphalangy).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17516431
The shoulder blades do appear to be different to current cetaceans from a quick look but the resulting pectoral arch resembles much that of the mammalian orni-thorhynchus.
Ichthyosaurus are varied and some have a single temporal fenestra like mammals and cetacean does. The pair of fenestra are a reptilian hallmark but a single one is not.
http://hydrodictyon.eeb.uconn.edu/people/schw...
These traits do not appear to make Ichthyosaurus any more reptilian than and any other cetacean.
Given warm bloodedness, live birth, blow hole, dorsel fin, looks like a porpoise etc I don't think Ichthyosaurus is any more reptilian than cetacean.
Can you or some evo please further clarify why these traits are seen as identifying these many varieties of Ichthyosaurus as being all reptilian as opposed to some being mammalian which some certainly appear to be?
And you continue to ignore the one difference that shows up in the one difference that has always been between reptiles and mammals. I see you skipped over my quote from the evolution of mammals that shows that reptile ears and reptile ear bones, which I have mentioned more than once, are different from mammal ears and mammal ear and jaw bones.

We had a couple of bones from our jaw change into ear bones long long ago in our past. That is all mammals. Including cetaceans. If the head, and especially the jaw area is well preserved a paleontologist can tell a mammal from a reptile at a glance.

It would take a "genius" like Maz to try to claim that ichthyosaurus is not a reptile.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the ones who were fried by the flood? Okay, let's pretend there was no frying and we have three breeding couple's left. Eventually the population dies of cancer due to tons and tons of in-the-fam nookienook and super-accelerated mutation rates. Hence why there's no-one left here to talk about the flood, since the flood really did happen. Really.
What?! No confirming data!?(Actually, no data at all). Why am I not surprised since you seem to thrive in a fairy tale world? Hmm, where have I seen that declaration before?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Are you now cutting and pasting from posts TO you?
At least in this direction the posts are demonstrably valid.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What?! No confirming data!?(Actually, no data at all). Why am I not surprised since you seem to thrive in a fairy tale world? Hmm, where have I seen that declaration before?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please. REAL scientific and historical research, data, information is EASILY found here in the information age. Just because YOU ignore, reject, dismiss, disparage and LIE about it all doesn't mean anyone other than you has faulty reasoning.
Heck, if you are so sure of your "data" why are you posting it here on an internet forum. Take it out into the wide world and use it to make some MONEY for yourself.
My guess, you won't because 1) you are too much of a coward and 2) the ONLY people who would pay you for it are ones who are as deluded as you are. Utter Cowturd, Jim the Failed Carpet Layer, Malarkeyman11, Shoobert, etc. come to mind. "Good creation scientists" are soooo hard to find.[/sarcasm]
You nailed it! Overwhelmingly most are not inclined to pay for what they don't want to know (2 Timothy 4:3,4; Matthew 7:13,14)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min macumazahn 114,921
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr polymath257 172,480
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 2 hr TedHOhio 165
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 2 hr ChristineM 288
Science News (Sep '13) 3 hr Ricky F 2,847
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Wed Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••