It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
104,181 - 104,200 of 134,713 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be different. And the rings subsequent to an event would be different from those preceding it.
I used to work in Silviculture. I've looked at lots of rings on stumps and in cores. The patterns are pretty obvious.
So what does the bristlecone pine sequence show in the appropriate timeframe from about 4 to 5 thousand years ago?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
“Also, don’t forget that we can disprove Adam and Eve now”

<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHAH..... I wanna see the observable evidence for that!!!!!!
Here is one from the Smithsonian Institute. Great site, I recommend checking out all the links within the site. If you follow the links you will also find the Paleoanthropological and archaeological evidence. Plenty of very good photography of skulls and bones that show the connections. The skeletal evidence has been around for decades, and it is fairly recently that DNA evidence has totally backed up the bones.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics

So here’s the deal….modern humans have been around for at least 200,000 years…this is accepted in the science community by almost everyone. DNA has recently been used to determine that ALL of the human bloodlines eventually go back to Africa. DNA has also found that we humans were able to (and did) mate with Neanderthals and produce fertile offspring. As a result of this, we humans today have a small percentage of Neanderthal blood in our veins.

This DNA connection proves that we are related to a past line of pre-humans such as Homo-ergaster, Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-habilis, and Homo-erectus, etc. We are the last in the long line of Homo species.

DNA also does NOT support that the line of humans was ever down to just 2 individuals…nor 8 people (Noah’s Flood) either for that matter.

Could you tell me how one can pull the Adam and Eve story of the Bible from the above Facts?

Scientists all over the world accept that Adam and Eve as written in the Bible never existed.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather obvious that you need and are desperate to identify something for which there is no believable story, and will fight to the last keystroke to make it happen. First, Pi=3, and now this. Ventriloquism is a well known established reality. It's time to look in a new direction.
"Ventriloquism"?

Really?

Maybe card tricks, and juggling as well? Elvis impersonation act?

Where's God playing now? Branson, Mo? Vegas?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KAB wrote:
So what does the bristlecone pine sequence show in the appropriate timeframe from about 4 to 5 thousand years ago?
No evidence of a flood.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be one that's thinner or thicker than the norm?
Thick or thin would be typical, anomalous would be ... a dead tree at that point. Salt kills plants that live on land, you can't avoid that fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rather obvious that you need and are desperate to identify something for which there is no believable story, and will fight to the last keystroke to make it happen. First, Pi=3, and now this. Ventriloquism is a well known established reality. It's time to look in a new direction.
But your story makes no mention of ventriloquism, so you are either adding more to it than there is .... again ... or twisting it to mean something else ... again. Don't you get tired of making excuses for your myths being so wrong?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure you it's data derived from the Bible in conjunction and harmony with physical and other documentary data. If you want we can review it one step at a time, so you can scrutinize it every step of the way.
I don't believe I've ever seen ANY physical or documentary evidence for a world-wide flood. I've seen some stuff from the ABC documentary long ago that featured a con-man trying to pass off fake 'artifacts' from the supposed flood of Noah. Not long after the show it was found that he had manufactured the 'artifacts' at his home.

:-)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I've ever seen ANY physical or documentary evidence for a world-wide flood. I've seen some stuff from the ABC documentary long ago that featured a con-man trying to pass off fake 'artifacts' from the supposed flood of Noah. Not long after the show it was found that he had manufactured the 'artifacts' at his home.
The "piece of wood from the ark?" I saw that too. lol

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
I didn’t see it, but I read about it.
The guy picked up a splinter from a railroad tie and soaked it in teriyaki sauce. He didn’t succeed in fooling Christian Information Ministries International, but he fooled several members of the Institute for Creation Research, including Gish himself.

Every chance Duane Gish gets, he tells the story about the Piltdown Man (which many scientists suspected from the beginning) and the Nebraska Man (which never even made the headlines), and the Ramapithecus (which was uncovered by an Evolutionist).

That’s a boomerang if ever there was one.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to say that they can't. Nothing to say anyone has any idea what the salt content of the ocean was either as all is speculated based on assumptions.
If I said a crystal ball told me that would be at least as credible as any of the mumbo jumbo you can present.
So, you don't understand chemistry. Great. What is homeostasis?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be one that's thinner or thicker than the norm?
Let's put it this way: do you think you know better than all the world's dendrochronologists what flood evidence would look like in tree rings?

Yet another field of scientists that you need to be wholly incompetent for your stories to be true. Is there ANYBODY who can competently perform legitimate science of any kind while keeping your stories true?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
And, despite no mention of ventriloquism, you use that as an apologetic crutch. Why should such excuses have to be made? If the Bible says a creature spoke, why isn't it enough that the creature spoke? Didn't your God have the power to make creatures that spoke? Isn't your God powerful enough to do that, without resorting to trickery and deception?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The bristlecone pine won't die until you provide the data, and regarding the data you did provide, maybe it wasn't predominantly rainwater.
Data doesn't kill trees. According to every confirmed and actual piece of evidence, the only trees killed by the Bible are the ones that provided the paper it's printed on and the lumber in its churches.
This is just one aspect of your strategy of debate that is fatally flawed. You persist in demanding data, and when it is provided you ignore that which is pertinent. When asked for data, you ignore that, as well. In your mind (alone) you regard ignore-ance as a victory.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
Is there ANYBODY who can competently perform legitimate science of any kind while keeping your stories true?
How about a consortium of KAB, the guy who mows the neighbor's lawn and a night cashier down at the Quicki-Mart?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You use your labels, and I'll use mine. I am a human being. Apes are not. You say you share a common ancester with apes. I do not. You have no observable, testable, or replicatable evidence to prove such a wild claim. I don't need such. Tell me along the evolutionary line where non-human apes crossed the line becoming human. I bet you can't tell where that line even is. When apes evolved into humans, what evolved? What changed that they were suddenly human? What line was crossed? Show me this line.
You are a mallard who resents being called a duck.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Subclass: Theria
Infraclass: Eutheria
Order: Primates
Suborder: Anthropoidea
Superfamily: Hominoidea
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo (Human) or Pan (Chimpanzee)

It is only your false pride that stands between yourself and reason.
But of course it should be recognized by all that the foundations of faith are not grounded in reason, logic or rationality.

A specific date within the last few million years in which a broadly (un)defined line was crossed in the familial tree? Who says there is one? Will you tell me the exact date, lat. and long. Jonah was swallowed by the fish? Alright, something easier. What kind of fish was it? Cat(fish) got your tongue? Okay. How about... show me the ruins of Enoch? No? Maybe something even easier? Something you must contend occurred only a few thousand years ago and well within the history of civilization, like the exact location of the Tower of Babel or the first Temple of Solomon?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a mallard who resents being called a duck.
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Subclass: Theria
Infraclass: Eutheria
Order: Primates
Suborder: Anthropoidea
Superfamily: Hominoidea
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo (Human) or Pan (Chimpanzee)
It is only your false pride that stands between yourself and reason.
But of course it should be recognized by all that the foundations of faith are not grounded in reason, logic or rationality.
A specific date within the last few million years in which a broadly (un)defined line was crossed in the familial tree? Who says there is one? Will you tell me the exact date, lat. and long. Jonah was swallowed by the fish? Alright, something easier. What kind of fish was it? Cat(fish) got your tongue? Okay. How about... show me the ruins of Enoch? No? Maybe something even easier? Something you must contend occurred only a few thousand years ago and well within the history of civilization, like the exact location of the Tower of Babel or the first Temple of Solomon?
Mallards aren't ducks! They're birds!

:P
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, birds made of duck meat.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tree rings apparently provide no way of identifying the flood.
*sigh*

Hopeless.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
and the Byrds did "Turn, Turn, Turn" which is almost verbatim from Ecclesiastes 3:1, so that PROVES the Flood was "Eight Miles High".

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, birds made of duck meat.
Birds made of mallard meat!^_^

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do half of Britons not believe in evolution? 3 min JOEL COOL DUDE 102
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 15 min polymath257 505
Evolution of Human Food 24 min Eric 5
Intelligent Design: Coming To A State Legislatu... (May '08) 2 hr dirty white boy- 52,888
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr TurkanaBoy 113,285
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 8 hr MikeF 171,611
art & intelligence (Mar '11) Thu THE LONE WORKER 68
•••
•••