It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 142587 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106032 Jan 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this mean that the research papers from places like AiG, ICR, and DI were also false?? Of course.
No. They don't actually DO research.(shrug)

They use green-screens.

>:-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106033 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't do those things when I get angry.
Nope. You cry and tell people you no talking to dem no more.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106034 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Can I play? You have no observable evidence to counter that GOD might just actually did do it. IFGod didn't do it, show us observable evidence of what did, and let us test and replicate it.
I'm quite open to the possibility, therefore I would never claim it did not do it.
marksman11 wrote:
GOD created us that way.
IF God DID do it, show us observable evidence of what it did, and let us test and replicate it.

Oops.

However. You want observable testable evidence that God didn't do it via magical poofing but rather via evolution instead?

Well I posted that yesterday.(shrug)

Oh, except I didn't demonstrate that Goddidit. Just that evolution happened, God or no. Sorry.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106035 Jan 3, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Give a date for the Flood.
Anytime between 2,000 years ago and when the Earth was magically poofed into being, which could be 4.5 billion years ago or 6,000.

Give or take.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#106036 Jan 3, 2013
I see that Mazzy disappointed us all again.

As usual.

Oh well.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#106037 Jan 3, 2013
Marksman, maybe science can't deal with the supernatural, but stage magicians can.
James Randi, also called "The Amazing Randi," claims that he has never seen a self-proclaimed psychic perform a feat which he cannot duplicate.

He posted a $100,000 reward for the first person who could perform a supernatural feat under his controls.
A well-heeled admirer of Randi's added $900,000 to the kitty, so the reward is now $1,000,000.

Last I heard, there have been many candidates, but no winner.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#106038 Jan 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Marksman, maybe science can't deal with the supernatural, but stage magicians can.
James Randi, also called "The Amazing Randi," claims that he has never seen a self-proclaimed psychic perform a feat which he cannot duplicate.
He posted a $100,000 reward for the first person who could perform a supernatural feat under his controls.
A well-heeled admirer of Randi's added $900,000 to the kitty, so the reward is now $1,000,000.
Last I heard, there have been many candidates, but no winner.
They're all on YouTube now too. The videos showing everything about the tess for those who were willing to allow it. It's funny, the excuses they give for failing the test they agreed to.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#106039 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
Creation explains DNA and everything else much better than any scientific explanation you have.
Oh, really?
How does Creation explain it?
I can't find DNA listed in the concordance.
The next word after "Dizahab" was "do."

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#106040 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I am a human being, they are apes. Apes are not human beings.
This coming from someone who thinks that there's no such thing as an Oak Tree ("Only trees made from Oak wood.").

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106041 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I am a human being, they are apes. Apes are not human beings.
A nice example of inductive reasoning.
Ostriches and penguins are birds and do not fly, therefore, birds do not fly.

The Hominidae also known as great apes form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera: chimpanzees and bonobos (Pan), gorillas (Gorilla), humans (Homo), and orangutans (Pongo).

marksman11, KAB and MazHere are apes in denial.
Mind your 5th commandment, guys.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#106042 Jan 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I won't try to tell a Norse mythologist that he is wrong. He is allowed his beliefs without attack. I would debate him if he attacked my beliefs, just like the ones in this group have.<quoted text>That is true and GOD will handle it in the afterlife. I'm not trying to save you. I'm trying to save those that you try to drag with you. I could say the same for you, why battle creationist? In the end, it doesn't matter. More so in your case than mine. I like to keep up with atheististic views so if I run across someone who is truly searching, Hopefully I'll have an answer for them. I know what's coming next.....all evolutionists aren't atheists. I know, but I'd say all atheists are evolutionists. They have to be.<quoted text>I fix it myself.<quoted text>THen you were ignorant for leaving it. The bible says without faith it's impossible to please GOD. Faith is awesome...you ought to admit it sometime.
Raellians are atheists and not evolutionists.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#106043 Jan 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A nice example of inductive reasoning.
Ostriches and penguins are birds and do not fly, therefore, birds do not fly.
The Hominidae also known as great apes form a taxonomic family of primates, including four extant genera: chimpanzees and bonobos (Pan), gorillas (Gorilla), humans (Homo), and orangutans (Pongo).
marksman11, KAB and MazHere are apes in denial.
Mind your 5th commandment, guys.
Actually, I think they're more closely related to the baboon than homo sapien sapien. It's difficult to tell, but Maz is great with the pooh throwing and KAB is pretty much just playing in it.
KAB

United States

#106044 Jan 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really just don't pay any attention to any scientific finding:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_dend...
I see from your references that the oldest single tree dates to roughly the time of the flood, allowing for the possibility of 10% uncertainty or extra "rings". If you can demonstrate that there are no such possibilities then we'll have something further to consider.
KAB

United States

#106045 Jan 3, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prometheus. A living tree when cut down in August 1964. Dendrochronology listed to be AT LEAST 5000 years old.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_ (tree)
Damn the bastards that cut this tree down.
You'd better check with Kitten. She provided a reference putting Prometheus at 4844 years old.
KAB

United States

#106046 Jan 3, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Give a date for the Flood.
I don't know the exact date.
KAB

United States

#106047 Jan 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from the fact that free will is in illusion if there's a God, it was completely beside the point. It was also not Biblically supported. Bible sez talking lizard. Period. And it doesn't matter if it was talking lizards, shape changing spirits or shape changing spirits who also happened to enjoy engaging in ventriloquism. It's all dumb.
And without evidence.
You're entitled to your opinion in spite of the data.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#106048 Jan 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see from your references that the oldest single tree dates to roughly the time of the flood, allowing for the possibility of 10% uncertainty or extra "rings". If you can demonstrate that there are no such possibilities then we'll have something further to consider.
You don't look at the ages like that. Sheesh. A 4,000 year old tree that died a few hundred years ago is 4,100 years old by our time, but lived only 4,000 years. They tend to petrify when they die, leaving a nice, easy to see, set of rings. You overlap those rings for the times they lived, and they form a complete calendar. As I said, you don't read anything scientific at all.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#106049 Jan 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you dig "10% uncertainty" out of? Please describe how you arrived at that figure.

And Prometheus is only the one, single tree ring data that you insisted upon. The OVERLAPPING and multiple confirmation of dendrochronology from several million individual tree ring samples that composes the full record pushes back the data from tree rings quite a few millenia further.

Then there's ice cores, archaeology, geneology, anthropology, geology, and perhaps a few other disciplines that all point to the conclusion that your flood never happened.

Sorry KAB. Still no flood.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#106050 Jan 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better check with Kitten. She provided a reference putting Prometheus at 4844 years old.
4844 rounded up is ...?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#106051 Jan 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Prometheus tree ring patterns overlap other fossilized tree ring patterns, so we actually have this type of data reaching back much earlier. Guess what? No flood within the last 9,000 years.
Still waiting for those "facts" y'all religies are hinting at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Joe Balls 171,811
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 min Paul Porter1 20,595
evolution is correct. prove me wrong 4 hr Paul Porter1 9
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 4 hr Paul Porter1 36
News Intelligent design 17 hr Paul Porter1 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Paul Porter1 266
Science Suggests That A Quantum Creation Force ... (Jun '14) Thu Paul Porter1 33
More from around the web