It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#105980 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm just trying to determine where you stand.
I take it that you agree with the classification system in that we're mammals, but not that we're primates.
Is that correct?
Peronally, for me, I am not an ape. I am a human being. Apes are not human beings.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#105981 Jan 2, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Why do we grit our teeth, beat our fists, or stamp our feet when we're angry?
It doesn't hurt the other person one bit.
You can posit a red man with horns to explain this, but somehow, it makes better sense to me to explain it in terms of evolution.
Animals with fangs capture prey with their fangs.
Animals with paws capture prey with their paws.
It is perfectly logical, therefore, to say that our inner brains are telling us to capture prey with our fangs and with our paws.
I don't do those things when I get angry.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#105982 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you ever repeat is "god dun it," you present no evidence to your assertion, and the sad thing is that you think your assertion is an actual answer.
Care to give an actual answer of how humans became human?
http://youtu.be/OvmvxAcT_Yc
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#105983 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you ever repeat is "god dun it," you present no evidence to your assertion, and the sad thing is that you think your assertion is an actual answer.
Can I play? You have no observable evidence to counter that GOD might just actually did do it. IFGod didn't do it, show us observable evidence of what did, and let us test and replicate it.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to give an actual answer of how humans became human?
GOD created us that way.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#105984 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Peronally, for me, I am not an ape. I am a human being. Apes are not human beings.
Ape is a group of species, not a specific species. Our species is part of that group. It's not rocket science here.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105985 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't do those things when I get angry.
Congratulations, you have overcome your basic instinctual behavior in that regard. Care to work on your "monster in the shadows" one now?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#105986 Jan 2, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105987 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Can I play? You have no observable evidence to counter that GOD might just actually did do it. IFGod didn't do it, show us observable evidence of what did, and let us test and replicate it.<quoted text>GOD created us that way.
Well, where is your evidence that your god is there? I still see none, so provide evidence to your assertion and then provide an answer that your assertion explains.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#105988 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
One thing they have also never come close to refuting is how is it possible for the two genders to evolve at the same time. That the two genders would evolve exactly at the same time, with the working organs needed, in place and ready, to procreate. How could the genders evolve, for millions of basic kinds, at the same time, to procreate? Their excuse is always they evolved from asexual species, but never how, why, where, when. Just THEY DID!!! Amazing!!!
This has recently become one of Duane Gish’s hits and I try to keep up with Duane Gish.
So it is important that I tackle this one.

As for your question, we don’t have the fossils to say where and when, but I’ll take on how and why. We can answer this question the same way we answer the what-good-is-half-an-eye question, because in both cases, we have species in each stage living today.

The first stage, as you may guess, is the asexual stage. We all seem to agree that there are asexual species living today, so we shall proceed to the next stage.

For the second stage, we have three options. We can have each member take on both functions. To put this in college dormitory slang, each member will be a “morphodyte.” Or, we can enable each member to change back and forth at will. Both models are represented by plant and animal species living today. Or, we can reproduce both sexually and asexually. This method is practiced by the slime mold amoeba. They tend to go the sexual route when resources get scarce.

At this point, the gametes, or the germ cells which unite with other germ cells, are not clearly identifiable as eggs and sperms. During the third stage, this identification gradually takes place.

At this stage, the gender of the individual could be determined not genetically, but environmentally. The gender of an insect could depend on its diet during the larval stage. The gender of an amphibian or reptile could depend on the temperature during incubation.

The fourth stage, of course, is the stage which we live in now.“It’s a boy!”“It’s a girl!” If we went the morphodyte route, everyone lost one function or the other. If we went the click-on-click-off route, everyone clicked one way and stay there. If we went the double-threat route, everyone dropped one method and kept the other.

Lest we pat ourselves on the back for reaching the finish line, let us remember that we still carry male boobies as vestigial organs.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#105989 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Can I play? You have no observable evidence to counter that GOD might just actually did do it. IFGod didn't do it, show us observable evidence of what did, and let us test and replicate it.<quoted text>GOD created us that way.
We don't have to disprove that God did it. You have to prove God did it. Your claim, your burden of proof.

And, you still have no idea what needs to be observed or replicated. Your misunderstanding of the scientific method continues uninterrupted. Good for you, retard.

Level 2

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#105990 Jan 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please just give us specific data proving evolution so we can believe in it instead? Short of that, everyone's entitled to his choice of religion, right?
KAB, you believe that life on Earth was destroyed in a flood 4000 years ago right? How can dendrochronologists count tree rings thousands of years through that time? Did God come down and put a plastic bag over them?

The best part about the bible, is that it's all scriptured inspired. You can't ignore a single comment or in this case a flood. But, I have already debated this with JWs, and they all in fact stated that the trees could live under 30000ft of water for a month. And jehovah had a resurrection of the insects. O and just recreated all of the flora/fauna in every other part of the world. Like a platypus. Or a venus flytrap.

Then what was the point? Why couldn't he have just zapped the bad guys?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105991 Jan 2, 2013
Usuallyunique wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB, you believe that life on Earth was destroyed in a flood 4000 years ago right? How can dendrochronologists count tree rings thousands of years through that time? Did God come down and put a plastic bag over them?
The best part about the bible, is that it's all scriptured inspired. You can't ignore a single comment or in this case a flood. But, I have already debated this with JWs, and they all in fact stated that the trees could live under 30000ft of water for a month. And jehovah had a resurrection of the insects. O and just recreated all of the flora/fauna in every other part of the world. Like a platypus. Or a venus flytrap.
Gah! You gave him a way to avoid asking your perfectly valid question. You know he'll ignore all the relevant and valid portions of your post, make up some lame excuse to a few points, then pull an ad hom. It's how the dishonest game they play.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#105992 Jan 2, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/99737182
Sorry guy...the Tower of babel never happened...we have proof.

Another dead Biblical myth.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#105993 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Can I play? You have no observable evidence to counter that GOD might just actually did do it. IF God didn't do it, show us observable evidence of what did, and let us test and replicate it.<quoted text>GOD created us that way.
God doesn't exist. How do I know this??

There are no pictures of God.

There are no eyewitnesses to God.

Prayers to God are never answered.

No one throughout history has ever been able to prove the existence of God.

There is nothing but people of faith testifying to his existence.

God is not needed for anything...Billions of people have existed for hundreds of thousands of years without any thought or need of the Christian God.

People who follow other Gods are no better off, or worse off, than those who follow the Christian God.

You have to believe in magic to accept God.

You also have to believe in supernatural creatures if you believe in God.

People have killed others and used God as an excuse...even in modern times.

There is enough evidence against God that if you want me or any other atheist to believe this phantom of yours...Prove Him to be real.

Level 2

Roseville, CA

#105994 Jan 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please just give us specific data proving evolution so we can believe in it instead? Short of that, everyone's entitled to his choice of religion, right?
You shouldn't be here KAB. You know what the society has to say about you chatting with us. I know you've probably come up with a flimsy rationalization, like time spent on here can go on your Publisher Report.

What congregation are you in?

Level 2

Roseville, CA

#105995 Jan 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It is you guys that ignorantly demand proof. We creationists are honest enough to admit that our beliefs are faith based. We don't have to scientifically prove our beliefs. Science is not qualified to verify our beliefs. It is ignorant to even request scientific proof for beliefs rooted in a supernatural deity. Your premise is all wrong. You keep requesting we provide scientific proof, when our beliefs are beyond scientific verification. We are not like you. WE don't think like you. We don't want to think like you. We pity people that do think like you, and we teach our children not to think like you.
Without proof, there is nothing demonstrating your beliefs to be more correct than others. You couldn't even tell a Norse Mythologist that he was is wrong.

Secondly, if this is the case, then why do you even care to fight evolution? If your right, then we are gonna get ours in the afterlife. God should be fighting us, not you.

Most importantly, without proof we will descend back into the bronze age. When your car breaks down, you don't take it to you village elder and have him dance around it. You take it to someone that can prove they can fix it.

The core of this is:
Your beliefs are comforting and feel incredibly good. I know the feeling. Going outside that feeling is scary and has no real attraction to you. That's why someone as smart as Mazhere can reject anything that comes between him/her and those feelings. Doesn't really matter what it is. Its strong, I remember.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105996 Jan 2, 2013
Usuallyunique wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide data from a single piece of wood with a continuous set of rings spanning the time of the flood and we'll have something to consider.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105997 Jan 2, 2013
Usuallyunique wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be here KAB. You know what the society has to say about you chatting with us. I know you've probably come up with a flimsy rationalization, like time spent on here can go on your Publisher Report.
What congregation are you in?
Like everything else, just provide the data, in this case society quote(s).

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105998 Jan 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide data from a single piece of wood with a continuous set of rings spanning the time of the flood and we'll have something to consider.
You really just don't pay any attention to any scientific finding:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_trees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_dend...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#105999 Jan 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Prometheus. A living tree when cut down in August 1964. Dendrochronology listed to be AT LEAST 5000 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_ (tree)

Damn the bastards that cut this tree down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min TurkanaBoy 127,764
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 hr DanFromSmithville 175,466
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 10 hr DanFromSmithville 13,576
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 11 hr MikeF 1,902
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 14 hr Dogen 77
More Theories to Disprove Creation 17 hr The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE