It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105413 Dec 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
A world-wide flood as described in Genesis HAS been thoroughly debunked. Perhaps not to the satisfaction of you, or other irrational persons, but debunked nevertheless.
The multiple lines of evidence that such a flood never existed are too many to ignore. Among them:
Lack of geological evidence for such a flood.
Continuity of cultures world-wide during that era.
Genetic evidence (no bottleneck for every species on the planet)
....and possibly quite a few others.
The fact that you cling to this quaint -- but mythical - tale above all the evidence to the contrary speaks volumes about your thought process as it pertains to science.
Please notice that you consistently provide no confirming data. You just keep stating that it's there. If you believe that, fine. You're entitled to your religion in spite of the data. That's the way it is with virtually all religion anyway.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#105414 Dec 28, 2012
KAB, do you mean that God doesn't want macumazahn's arm to get healed?
What an unloving God!
And God doesn't want macumazahn to witness to the world about the power of prayer?
What an irrational God!

And I thought God was both loving and rational!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#105415 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Please notice that you consistently provide no confirming data. You just keep stating that it's there. If you believe that, fine. You're entitled to your religion in spite of the data. That's the way it is with virtually all religion anyway.
But we HAVE provided evidence for cultures that were present prior to, during, and after your flood (no 'flood' interruption), and for the fact that there are no genetic bottlenecks for species world-wide.

Then you can go here: http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter6.html

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#105416 Dec 28, 2012
...an argument worthy of KAB:

"No known species of reindeer can fly. However, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions of species of living organisms yet to be classified. While most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen."

I am not the author of the piece above. I saw it on a science-related FB page....and it WAS meant to be facetious in nature.

But it does remind me of KAB's logic.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105417 Dec 28, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
What an unloving God!
And God doesn't want macumazahn to witness to the world about the power of prayer?
What an irrational God!
God wants Mac's arm healed (Revelation 21:3,4), but now is not the time (2 Peter 3:8-16).
There are plenty of Jehovah's worshippers witnessing to the world about the power of prayer. It seems he doesn't get much that's really helpful from others, misinformation, misunderstanding, misrepresentation.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#105418 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be providing confirming data anytime soon, so we can analyze/scrutinize it, or do you want us to just trust you that it's all good and valid? I'm not signing on to the latter.
Oh, you won't even look at it. However, since I like to be accurate, this report admits that intercessory prayer may actually be harmful. It's from "Christianity Today", BTW: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105419 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
God wants Mac's arm healed (Revelation 21:3,4), but now is not the time (2 Peter 3:8-16).
There are plenty of Jehovah's worshippers witnessing to the world about the power of prayer. It seems he doesn't get much that's really helpful from others, misinformation, misunderstanding, misrepresentation.
Hmm.

Q: What's the difference between "He could, but he won't", and "He can't"?

A: Nothin'.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105420 Dec 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
But we HAVE provided evidence for cultures that were present prior to, during, and after your flood (no 'flood' interruption), and for the fact that there are no genetic bottlenecks for species world-wide.
Then you can go here: http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter6.html
Thanks for the characteristic submission. The author states in the opening paragraph that he is not going to provide any data, and he doesn't. He then proceeds with clearly biased mental meandering with no scripture references analyzed for confirmation, and you accept it. I'm disappointed that you see such presentations as confirming "evidence", when in fact there is none. It does, however, add to the growing body of data demonstrating that no purported Bible error has been confirmed.

If I missed even one valid sample here, please reference the specific and I will consider it. It MUST be data itself, not assertions. Are you really not seeing the forest for the trees here?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#105421 Dec 28, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
What an unloving God!
What an irrational God!
That's disappointing. I was hoping to play guitar again.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105422 Dec 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
...an argument worthy of KAB:
"No known species of reindeer can fly. However, there are hundreds of thousands, even millions of species of living organisms yet to be classified. While most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen."
I am not the author of the piece above. I saw it on a science-related FB page....and it WAS meant to be facetious in nature.
But it does remind me of KAB's logic.
Slight but important correction:

The piece you quoted reminds you of what you THINK is my logic. If you really want to expose MY logic, you would have to quote ME. Instead, what you provided is an example of your distorted thinking, of which this forum record is replete with examples.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#105423 Dec 28, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you won't even look at it. However, since I like to be accurate, this report admits that intercessory prayer may actually be harmful. It's from "Christianity Today", BTW: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/...
I have no beef with the study. The fundamental at work is Biblically improper prayer.

Consider this. Isn't "Christianity" today largely the result of what became of Christianity beginning 2,000 years ago (2 Thesalonians 2:1-12)? What you haven't as yet discerned is that what you rightfully oppose is what you know as "Christianity", and not for the most part, the Bible.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#105424 Dec 28, 2012
When the bones of two early humans were found in 1967 near Kibish, Ethiopia, they were thought to be 130,000 years old. A few years ago, researchers found 154,000- to 160,000-year-old human bones at Herto, Ethiopia. Now, a new study of the 1967 fossil site indicates the earliest known members of our species, Homo sapiens, roamed Africa about 195,000 years ago.

"It pushes back the beginning of anatomically modern humans," says geologist Frank Brown, a co-author of the study and dean of the University of Utah's College of Mines and Earth Sciences.

The journal Nature is publishing the study in its Thursday Feb. 17, 2005, issue. Brown conducted the research with geologist and geochronologist Ian McDougall of Australian National University in Canberra, and anthropologist John Fleagle of New York State’s Stony Brook University. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/...
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#105425 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your side that keeps going on about the flood. I am just responding to challenges and inquiries, yours for example. Why do you keep going on about this?
I accept the other flood, the world wide one which has not been debunked even after considerable concerted effort. Did you lose that one in one way or another while formulating your inquiry? No matter, when overly hasty, one can lose either way.
Nobody has debunked alien abductions, either. You believe in those?
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#105426 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Any malady can be healed by Jehovah (Matthew 19:26).
Jehovah is a hearer of prayer (Psalm 66:19).
Jehovah responds to requests in harmony with his will which reasonably would include coming from someone acting in harmony with his will (1 John 5:14). Put that combination together with a malady which cannot be spontaneously healed otherwise and see what results.
Is loss of limb a malady?

Level 9

Patagonia

#105428 Dec 28, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is loss of limb a malady?
And lets not forget that Jesus said what you prayed for you would get..:-) I don't think he added any small print to it

Level 9

Patagonia

#105429 Dec 28, 2012
KAB writes:
"If I missed even one valid sample here, please reference the specific and I will consider it. It MUST be data itself, not assertions. Are you really not seeing the forest for the trees here?

How many people on this forum, representing the skeptic side, have access to original data from scientific investigations??

To my knowledge almost all of it is behind paywalls on the science journals.

Also one must realize that the JW's (as KAB is) believe they have all the answers regarding the Bible, and Christianity in general, and believe THEY and only THEY will inherit the earth when 'The End Times' come.

I have had the pleasure of talking to a number of them and they, without exception, do not accept ANYTHING that controverts the teachings of the 'Governing Body'. The 'Governing Body' is where their instructions on what to believe and how to interprete scripture come from...if they don't agree with these instructions on what to believe they are 'disfellowshipped and considered apostate.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#105430 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your side that keeps going on about the flood. I am just responding to challenges and inquiries, yours for example. Why do you keep going on about this?
I accept the other flood, the world wide one which has not been debunked even after considerable concerted effort. Did you lose that one in one way or another while formulating your inquiry? No matter, when overly hasty, one can lose either way.
As usual you are wrong. Our side is not the one that keeps going on about the flood. There was no flood. Why would we keep going on about it if some idiot was not always bringing up the subject.

And what "other flood"? There was not other flood. There is no recorded time when all of the Earth was covered with water. Not recently, and not even on a geologic time scale. Now the Earth may have been completely covered with water, but since geologic information gets continually every more broken up as we go back we cannot say that for sure the whole Earth was ever covered with water. It may have been very early on in Earth's history but there is not and cannot be evidence of this.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105431 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tens of thousands of failed debunkings are inconclusive evidence that the Bible is true.
Even if the debunking failed, that's still not evidence of all the claims in the bible, it's not even evidence of any parts of the bible being correct. Greece is a real place, does that mean Zeus is real?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#105432 Dec 28, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for your first specific contradiction confirming data example and not expecting to ever see one.
You ignore everything that contradicts your weak beliefs.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#105433 Dec 29, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lame excuse, we aren't talking about people asking for cars and such, we're talking about people asking for something that saves their lives, as evidence for prayer.
THere you go again wanting scientific evidence for the supernatural when by definition science is unqualified to deal with the supernatural.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the rest of your comment, meh. They post lots and lots of links, references to scientific papers and such, their support means something, your opinions do not.
That is the fallacy from authority. Evolution doesn't stand or fall on concensis. It stands or falls on it's adherance to the scientific method. Concensis means individuals are like minded. It does not mean they are not a group of idiots. Your team in this forum is a good example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min WhyAllTheFuss 120,713
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 693
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 2 hr woodtick57 361
Darwin on the rocks 2 hr Dogen 351
Monkey VS Man 22 hr Bluenose 14
Charles Darwin's credentials and Evolution Sun TurkanaBoy 204
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... Oct 17 Discord 431

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE