It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
102,081 - 102,100 of 134,126 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> It never says it was a perfect circle, and was it's thickness consistent?

Does not matter.
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> Does it ever use the term, "This is the definition of pi"?,

Why would it?
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> and for some reason, if you don't delve into endless fractions, is 3 incorrect?

Yes. Any structure you designed using 3.0 for pi would not stand.
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> You guys are really reaching when you try to use this to discredit the bible. Silliness to the extreme!

This does not discredit the bible. This discredits the fundamentalist (1850 a.d.) notion of literalism. And serves this role very well. One of tens of thousands of known errors.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> [nonsense deleted from this point].....

You got any new material. Anything we have not refuted time and again.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more importantly and wisely, stop defending from a position of ignorance. When you thoroughly understand the situation and its context and adopt an objective stance, then you'll be in a better position to judge it (Prov. 18:13).
Jawohl, Schei▀koph!

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. Adolf never stated he was directed by the God of the Bible. If fact, he had contempt for him.
Your ignorance is amazing. Lean to look up quotations.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine.

His assertions to your belief system.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. Adolf never stated he was directed by the God of the Bible. If fact, he had contempt for him.
Here ya go, idiot:

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 2

"What we have to fight for is the necessary security for the existence and increase of our race and people, the subsistence of its children and the maintenance of our racial stock unmixed, the freedom and independence of the Fatherland; so that our people may be enabled to fulfill the mission assigned to it by the Creator." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 8

"In short, the results of miscegenation are always the following:(a) The level of the superior race becomes lowered; (b) physical and mental degeneration sets in, thus leading slowly but steadily towards a progressive drying up of the vital sap. The act which brings about such a development is a sin against the will of the Eternal Creator. And as a sin this act will be avenged." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Vol. 1 Chapter 11
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there's nothing to comment on.
Then scientifically prove it. I bet the farm you can't!!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh crap! Not this again!{groan}
If you don't want to study it so you'll understand, then don't, but doing so disallows you to smuggly pass it off as silly. You don't have that right.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is no evidence of the supernatural. If there were, science would investigate it.
Science is only qualified to test the natural world. It has no say in a world where it's methods and laws may not apply.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a math quiz to test how strong your math suit is.
What is Pi expressed as one digit?

Sorry. 3.14 is a low as you can go and get meaningful results.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
<MM says>
Even the most simple life is much to complex to ever have been spontainiously generated by abiogenesis.

<Chimney replies>
That is a positive claim. Now prove it. First establish how complex the simplest life has to be, then explain what particular physical processes in the stepwise assembly of that proto-life are impossible. You can't, so you just blow smoke.
Why do you ask me to disprove something that has never been observed to have ever happened in the history of the world? My proof is that it has NEVER BEEN DONE!!! DUH!!! I made a positive claim, history is my proof, NOW YOU DISPROVE IT, and I'll even be gentile and allow you to use what ever the most simple life ever discovered is. It doesn't matter how simple it is, it is still extremely too complex to spontainiously generate. History supports me, now prove me wrong.
MOre rooten tooten refutin tomorrow. Gotta get to work!

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Then scientifically prove it. I bet the farm you can't!!!
Scientifically prove nothing? And how would one go about that, Einstein?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want to study it so you'll understand, then don't, but doing so disallows you to smuggly pass it off as silly. You don't have that right.
A greater right than you. I've studied them for years. I've been to Giza. I've been inside the pyramids. I've sat between the feet of the Sphinx. So piss off, junior.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Science is only qualified to test the natural world. It has no say in a world where it's methods and laws may not apply.
No methods. No laws. No evidence. No anything.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask me to disprove something that has never been observed to have ever happened in the history of the world?
You mean like the supernatural? I agree.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you ask me to disprove something that has never been observed to have ever happened in the history of the world? My proof is that it has NEVER BEEN DONE!!! DUH!!! I made a positive claim, history is my proof, NOW YOU DISPROVE IT, and I'll even be gentile and allow you to use what ever the most simple life ever discovered is. It doesn't matter how simple it is, it is still extremely too complex to spontainiously generate. History supports me, now prove me wrong.
MOre rooten tooten refutin tomorrow. Gotta get to work!

LOL. You are just about as bad as it gets when it comes to coming up with coherent arguments.

We have also never observed our sun forming, living trilobites..........

Doesn't mean they all didn't happen.

Remember your failure in trying to prove creation doesn't violate the Law of Biogenesis. I enjoy your squirming at that one!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Science is only qualified to test the natural world. It has no say in a world where it's methods and laws may not apply.

Nope. It can only say that in the history of science has resorting to magic poofing ever been found to be either necessary nor advisable.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

As always you are wrong.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."[23] Hitler, Adolf (1999) Mein Kampf.

Several Quotes here.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another dataless assertion. Either present empirical evidence to support this claim about the natural world or admit that you have nothing to support this claim. The claims in the "reliable because you decided it is" Bible are not evidence. Empirical evidence is the only thing that supports claims about the natural world.
Are you not aware of enough data to confirm that smoking can cause cancer?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know which killings are sanctioned by God? How do you know Charles Manson didn't command killings at the behest of God? How do you know the 9/11 terrorists weren't following God's orders? How do you know God didn't command the Nazis to kill the Jews, gays, Romanians, and all the other people they killed?
In the run-up to the acts cited, aside from the nation of Israel, none of them were distinguished as God's people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••