It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
LowellGuy

Brooklyn, NY

#104064 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Midianites' treatment of the Israelites, knowingly inducing them to commit sexual immorality which they knew to be against their God's will.
So, if some Americans were doing the same thing today, should all Americans, including infants, be slaughtered?
LowellGuy

Brooklyn, NY

#104065 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine.
You said that there is no objective standard to determine reliability, and ultimately it is subjective, and you've decided it's reliable. YOUR WORDS. And, now you're going to ask for a quote, which is a denial that you ever said it. So, say it explicitly: tell me you never said that. Rather than lying in a roundabout way, just do it outright. At least be honest with your dishonesty.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#104066 Dec 10, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Errr...some advice for you KAB. When someone tries to "induce you to sexual immorality", try to keep your little fella in your pants. Show some self control. That's what a moral man would do.
Or, you could always round up the playboys and sluts and cut them to pieces, along with their grandmothers and the little boys for good measure. Keep the little girls though. One day they will ripen into a delightful treat for your uncontrollable urges.
So what's your solution for Yahweh regarding the situation?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#104067 Dec 10, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was writ large across the sky and a glowing Angel was beseaching you and God's voice was in your ear saying "kill the rotten little sinner" and you were crying at the immorality "wrought upon you" and your hopelessly undisciplined brothers ....STILL I would say that after committing such an act of child murder, it would be YOU that deserved to have your throat cut.
Stop defending the indefensible.
Even more importantly and wisely, stop defending from a position of ignorance. When you thoroughly understand the situation and its context and adopt an objective stance, then you'll be in a better position to judge it (Prov. 18:13).

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#104068 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
DATALESS TSUNAMI ALERT!!!
Be advised that the above post is awash with assertions and entirely dataless. Accepting and propagating the info therein carries great risk of making a fool of oneself.

Odd. All the information was from Wikipedia articles. All of it had references and that sort of stuff (nothing you would be interested in, obviously). If you think you can dispute any of it you are welcome to try to do so. Denial assertions are not that impressive.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He does not make his own god. The WatchTower has manufactured one for him in their own image. He has been conscripted to believe whatever they say. His "bible" is a poor, propaganda filled, rewrite of the King James Version by Charles Taze Russell et al)
Charles Taze Russell was a swell guy. His wife left him because he was cruel and had sex with their foster daughter among many others. He liked to sue people for libel and even with a mixed court record accumulated quite a bit of money. Russel also sold "Miracle Wheat" to gullible farmers for a much higher price than normal. Tests run on the wheat indicate it was an inferior grade. Rev. Russell never completed school (dropped out in 7th or 8th grade), never went to a seminary, and was never ordained. He is known to have lied under oath to many times to count and to change his story when it suited him. He cheated many people out of money and often did not pay for services rendered. In all, a swell human being and (fake) minister.
And his bible was referred to as "a shining example of how the Bible should not be translated." English Bible editor Dr. Harold H. Rowley
Besides Charles Taze Russell other suspected translators include.
Nathan H. Knorr
Frederick W. Franz
Albert D. Schroeder
George Gangas
Milton Henschel
Russell's contribution was likely minor as he knew neither Greek nor Hebrew.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104069 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, don't do the search. I aready noted you are data averse.

The burden of proof is on the person making ridiculous antiscience assertions.

You can't provide any evidence because it is an absurd religious notion that you have been programmed to believe.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#104070 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't act in the name of God. They obeyed his direct instruction. They were the "flood" of choice on that occasion. It's unwise to disobey the only true God.
Of course. Him being a murderous prick and all.
KAB wrote:
BTW, I don't recall that the Nazis ever made such a claim.
“Gott mit uns”
KAB

Oxford, NC

#104071 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, even though you have no evidence that it actually happened, the fact that you can justify it so easily makes you a very dangerous person, as well as very disgusting. Genocide is what Adolf attempted with the Jewish people, and you did exactly what Adolf did, you rationalized it to suit your own desires.
Not so. Adolf never stated he was directed by the God of the Bible. If fact, he had contempt for him.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104072 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post reveals a degree of correct understanding of principle. For humans, only killing sanctioned by God is justified. The killing of the Midianites was commanded by God, thus meeting your criterion.
Oh blow it out your ass. Don't dare suggest that Chimney, me or any reasonable person here condones slaughter of children, Reichsführer.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104073 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the latest in a seemingly endless stream of me proving you wrong,
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
It's good that I rarely have to go back very far to find these.

You mean when you proved you use a cult version of the bible?

Yea, THAT proves me wrong. If you can't find something less lame than that then you have made my point for me.

EXACTLY

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104074 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Midianites' treatment of the Israelites, knowingly inducing them to commit sexual immorality which they knew to be against their God's will.
So KILL, KILL, KILL! Seems fair.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104075 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's YOUR solution?
I've already given it to you, dummy. CRS?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104076 Dec 10, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That is because the jews didn't build the pyramids......duh!More than likely Enoch was the overseer and it was built by Egyptians. THis is evidenced by the antichamber.

I love your little pyramidiot delusions.

For anyone else who who might be interested you can google this and assess for yourself what sort of new age, occult, freaks would believe this nonsense

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104077 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, even though you have no evidence that it actually happened, the fact that you can justify it so easily makes you a very dangerous person, as well as very disgusting. Genocide is what Adolf attempted with the Jewish people, and you did exactly what Adolf did, you rationalized it to suit your own desires.
Exactly.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104078 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread my post carefully to see that your opening statement is erroneous. Perhaps your mind was befuddled when you made it.
I notice you carefully, if not skillfully, avoided declaring that any except the Jews of Moses' day acted directly on God's orders. In fact, you even tried to obscure the case of the Jews. Why is that do you think? You too seem to overlook the resurrection in formulating your reasoning. I note that is another thing you didn't mention. How can you expect to arrive at a proper conclusion without considering all the related factor?
Provide Mohammed's claims (quote him) if you think it was the same as Moses.
Following inspired leaders in contradiction of God's standing instructions is bad policy (Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc.).
Genocide is genocide Adolf.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104079 Dec 10, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> It never says it was a perfect circle, and was it's thickness consistent?

Does not matter.
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> Does it ever use the term, "This is the definition of pi"?,

Why would it?
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> and for some reason, if you don't delve into endless fractions, is 3 incorrect?

Yes. Any structure you designed using 3.0 for pi would not stand.
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> You guys are really reaching when you try to use this to discredit the bible. Silliness to the extreme!

This does not discredit the bible. This discredits the fundamentalist (1850 a.d.) notion of literalism. And serves this role very well. One of tens of thousands of known errors.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104080 Dec 10, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> [nonsense deleted from this point].....

You got any new material. Anything we have not refuted time and again.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104081 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Even more importantly and wisely, stop defending from a position of ignorance. When you thoroughly understand the situation and its context and adopt an objective stance, then you'll be in a better position to judge it (Prov. 18:13).
Jawohl, Scheißkoph!

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#104082 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. Adolf never stated he was directed by the God of the Bible. If fact, he had contempt for him.
Your ignorance is amazing. Lean to look up quotations.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#104083 Dec 10, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words, not mine.

His assertions to your belief system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New review critical of "Origins" 2 hr ugome 24
Need clarification on evolution 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 8
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 hr Chilli J 116,732
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dogen 173,852
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 4 hr susanblange 65
Difficulty Loading Topix Pages 11 hr Gillette 11
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 13 hr hpcaban 348
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE