It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
101,681 - 101,700 of 134,121 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
And by asserting that you have implied that God is not ALmighty, not Omnipotent and is unworthy of the Title: Almighty God.
You have made the testimony of His servants a lie, for His servant says:
"The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation." [Psalm 33:11]
It would have been better if you believed in nothing as the evos do, than to believe in that lie you hold on to.
The concept of the Almighty is true and sound; one does not even have to believe in God to see that the principle is reasonable.
Everyone can agree that IF an Omnipotent entity exists, it can do all things that we see being done;
It is men like you that introduce inconsistencies to the concept of God and create meaningless institutions called religion.
YOU KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS TO THE "IMPOTENCE" OF GOD; I WILL KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS FOR "THE OMNIPOTENT GOD".
I deal with data, not mental meanderings, so I will address the one (only?) item of data you have provided. Psalm 33:11 is not falsified by free-willed humans acting, as I have shown to be clearly documented in the Bible itself, against Yahweh's will. In fact, such humans serve to demonstrate Yahweh's Almightiness in that they do not (cannot) thwart his purpose. The end result he wants accomplished (purpose) is always accomplished. Nothing has sufficient "might" to prevent it. That's because he is Almighty.

You are laboring under a long-standing unbiblical false religious notion that every action is in harmony with God's will. A proper understanding of God's "almightiness" is formulated from the facts on the ground (the data, including most importantly the Bible), not what anyone wishes were the case.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
You know its quite interesting, but the non-existence of God doesnt make Him/Her unreal.
That which truly is is determined by that which is not: you cant say a colour is black until you can say that it is not any other colour.So God is real whether He exists or not.
And He is infinitely powerful whether or not He exists, because like I said: what is and what not are dependent on each other. So even if God is not, His influence extends to all that is. Wicked aint it?!!
Furthermore, the fact that I am wrong doesnt mean that you are right. So I hope you dont base your claim of rightness on my being wrong.
I will have you realize that you are violating a fundamental scientific principle when you say: "It CANNOT be proven...", regardless of what you are talking about (God, gremlins, the spaghetti monster...).
Whenever you adopt a negative stance, you necessarily begin to talk garbage; that a scientific fact, based on the realization that proof of the negative is undefined.
Furthermore, the Bible is a collection of testaments, i.e. reports based on experiences. And since man's interpretations of experiences can be flawed, the men who wrote the Bible could have had misconceptions. But none of their misconceptions is proof that God does not exist or that Jesu(s) is not God.
The bible is hearsay, and demonstrated to be really bad hearsay. All it shows is that people of the time it was written, between 0 and 200 AD, were really stupid.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
And by asserting that you have implied that God is not ALmighty, not Omnipotent and is unworthy of the Title: Almighty God.
You have made the testimony of His servants a lie, for His servant says:
"The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation." [Psalm 33:11]
It would have been better if you believed in nothing as the evos do, than to believe in that lie you hold on to.
The concept of the Almighty is true and sound; one does not even have to believe in God to see that the principle is reasonable.
Everyone can agree that IF an Omnipotent entity exists, it can do all things that we see being done;
It is men like you that introduce inconsistencies to the concept of God and create meaningless institutions called religion.
YOU KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS TO THE "IMPOTENCE" OF GOD; I WILL KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS FOR "THE OMNIPOTENT GOD".
The "testimony" of the few "servants," not many people wrote anything in that book actually, thought pi was 3, bats were birds, and that goat's blood would cure sickness.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
...The end result he wants accomplished (purpose) is always accomplished. Nothing has sufficient "might" to prevent it. That's because he is Almighty.
Exactly!

Once again:

What is the real issue here?

What really are you hoping to achieve?

We can both agree on that issue, so what is there to dispute and refute?
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is hearsay, and demonstrated to be really bad hearsay. All it shows is that people of the time it was written, between 0 and 200 AD, were really stupid.
Its not impossible that the Bible is hearsay; but none of that means God isnt real.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "testimony" of the few "servants," not many people wrote anything in that book actually, thought pi was 3, bats were birds, and that goat's blood would cure sickness.
Huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
Its not impossible that the Bible is hearsay; but none of that means God isnt real.
The god mentioned in it, lives in the sky, and hell is under the Earth, we've been both places and found no gods, therefore, the god mentioned in that book is not real. End of story. Make up a new god or give up the delusion.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The god mentioned in it, lives in the sky, and hell is under the Earth, we've been both places and found no gods, therefore, the god mentioned in that book is not real. End of story. Make up a new god or give up the delusion.
So have you explored all the places in the sky and under the earth?

No intelligence is complete without a sense of humour: What if God is playing hide and go seek?

:P

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
No intelligence is complete without a sense of humour: What if God is playing hide and go seek?
The sky ends long before you reach the Moon.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
I am pretty sure you are proof that God has a sense of humor. A somewhat sick sense, but one of humor none the less.

I hope this don't jamiaca you mad little boy.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
Exactly!
Once again:
What is the real issue here?
What really are you hoping to achieve?
We can both agree on that issue, so what is there to dispute and refute?
There is no dispute if you acknowledge that Cain and many others since him have acted against Yahweh's will. In fact, since we all sin, we all commit acts against his will even if unintentionally so. However, that won't keep him from eventually achieving his purpose for a world of only perfectly "behaved" individuals (Rev. 21:3,4).

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no dispute if you acknowledge that Cain and many others since him have acted against Yahweh's will. In fact, since we all sin, we all commit acts against his will even if unintentionally so. However, that won't keep him from eventually achieving his purpose for a world of only perfectly "behaved" individuals (Rev. 21:3,4).
Since God could create a world of perfect beings from the very start, why do you think he chose this long, circuitous path with some probability of failure?
Why do you keep following Revelations?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure you are proof that God has a sense of humor. A somewhat sick sense, but one of humor none the less.
I hope this don't jamiaca you mad little boy.
God's cynical sense of humor is well documented in the Bible and is therefore a priori infinite.

Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
-- Almighty God

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
God's cynical sense of humor is well documented in the Bible and is therefore a priori infinite.
Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
-- Almighty God
Cynical and a little harsh, but God could run hot and cold pretty quickly in the Bible. I often didn't pay attention in Sunday school. I must have missed that on one of those summer Sundays when I would have rather been fishing.

Thanks
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since God could create a world of perfect beings from the very start, why do you think he chose this long, circuitous path with some probability of failure?
Why do you keep following Revelations?
I'm guessing God has done what he has done for the reasons he gives in the Bible. Also, there is no probability of failure of whatever he's doing and which he has openly related to anyone willing to carefully read, study, and learn (Isaiah 55:10,11).
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a math quiz for you Kitten.
What is pi rounded to one digit?
This is just a warm-up. If you get it right I have a more difficult one for you.
LowellGuy

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
If "you can't disprove it, then that's good enough" is your standard, where do you stand on Pegasus, unicorns, fairies, elves, goblins, sprites, naiads, ogres, orcs, hobbits, wizards, gorgons, satyrs, krakens, gryphons, leprechauns, sasquatch/yeti, Loch Ness monster, chupacabra, and ghosts?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a math quiz for you Kitten.
What is pi rounded to one digit?
This is just a warm-up. If you get it right I have a more difficult one for you.

Here is a question for you KAB, if you use Pi rounded to one digit, what can you successfully build using that number?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
If "you can't disprove it, then that's good enough" is your standard, where do you stand on Pegasus, unicorns, fairies, elves, goblins, sprites, naiads, ogres, orcs, hobbits, wizards, gorgons, satyrs, krakens, gryphons, leprechauns, sasquatch/yeti, Loch Ness monster, chupacabra, and ghosts?

I personally like Chupacabra, especially when they use Jägermeister instead of Tabasco sauce.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally like Chupacabra, especially when they use Jägermeister instead of Tabasco sauce.
Wasn't that the big hairy dude in Star Wars?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••