It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#103683 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The god mentioned in it, lives in the sky, and hell is under the Earth, we've been both places and found no gods, therefore, the god mentioned in that book is not real. End of story. Make up a new god or give up the delusion.
So have you explored all the places in the sky and under the earth?

No intelligence is complete without a sense of humour: What if God is playing hide and go seek?

:P

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#103684 Dec 5, 2012
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
No intelligence is complete without a sense of humour: What if God is playing hide and go seek?
The sky ends long before you reach the Moon.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#103685 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I am pretty sure you are proof that God has a sense of humor. A somewhat sick sense, but one of humor none the less.

I hope this don't jamiaca you mad little boy.
KAB

United States

#103686 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Exactly!
Once again:
What is the real issue here?
What really are you hoping to achieve?
We can both agree on that issue, so what is there to dispute and refute?
There is no dispute if you acknowledge that Cain and many others since him have acted against Yahweh's will. In fact, since we all sin, we all commit acts against his will even if unintentionally so. However, that won't keep him from eventually achieving his purpose for a world of only perfectly "behaved" individuals (Rev. 21:3,4).

Level 9

founded in facts.

#103687 Dec 5, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no dispute if you acknowledge that Cain and many others since him have acted against Yahweh's will. In fact, since we all sin, we all commit acts against his will even if unintentionally so. However, that won't keep him from eventually achieving his purpose for a world of only perfectly "behaved" individuals (Rev. 21:3,4).
Since God could create a world of perfect beings from the very start, why do you think he chose this long, circuitous path with some probability of failure?
Why do you keep following Revelations?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#103688 Dec 5, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure you are proof that God has a sense of humor. A somewhat sick sense, but one of humor none the less.
God's cynical sense of humor is well documented in the Bible and is therefore a priori infinite.

Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
-- Almighty God

Level 9

founded in facts.

#103689 Dec 5, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
God's cynical sense of humor is well documented in the Bible and is therefore a priori infinite.
Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation.
-- Almighty God
Cynical and a little harsh, but God could run hot and cold pretty quickly in the Bible. I often didn't pay attention in Sunday school. I must have missed that on one of those summer Sundays when I would have rather been fishing.

Thanks
KAB

Oxford, NC

#103690 Dec 5, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since God could create a world of perfect beings from the very start, why do you think he chose this long, circuitous path with some probability of failure?
Why do you keep following Revelations?
I'm guessing God has done what he has done for the reasons he gives in the Bible. Also, there is no probability of failure of whatever he's doing and which he has openly related to anyone willing to carefully read, study, and learn (Isaiah 55:10,11).
KAB

Oxford, NC

#103691 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "testimony" of the few "servants," not many people wrote anything in that book actually, thought pi was 3, bats were birds, and that goat's blood would cure sickness.
Here's a math quiz for you Kitten.
What is pi rounded to one digit?
This is just a warm-up. If you get it right I have a more difficult one for you.
LowellGuy

Peabody, MA

#103692 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Its not impossible that the Bible is hearsay; but none of that means God isnt real.
If "you can't disprove it, then that's good enough" is your standard, where do you stand on Pegasus, unicorns, fairies, elves, goblins, sprites, naiads, ogres, orcs, hobbits, wizards, gorgons, satyrs, krakens, gryphons, leprechauns, sasquatch/yeti, Loch Ness monster, chupacabra, and ghosts?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#103693 Dec 6, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a math quiz for you Kitten.
What is pi rounded to one digit?
This is just a warm-up. If you get it right I have a more difficult one for you.

Here is a question for you KAB, if you use Pi rounded to one digit, what can you successfully build using that number?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#103694 Dec 6, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
If "you can't disprove it, then that's good enough" is your standard, where do you stand on Pegasus, unicorns, fairies, elves, goblins, sprites, naiads, ogres, orcs, hobbits, wizards, gorgons, satyrs, krakens, gryphons, leprechauns, sasquatch/yeti, Loch Ness monster, chupacabra, and ghosts?

I personally like Chupacabra, especially when they use Jägermeister instead of Tabasco sauce.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#103695 Dec 6, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally like Chupacabra, especially when they use Jägermeister instead of Tabasco sauce.
Wasn't that the big hairy dude in Star Wars?
LowellGuy

Peabody, MA

#103696 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
So, do you also believe leprechauns are real? What about pixies? Unicorns? Mermaids? Elves? According to your standard, if it hasn't been disproved, you are reasonably justified in believing it exists, right?
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#103697 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The sky ends long before you reach the Moon.
Well actually....no, it doesn't.

The sky is a place above the earth, and since there is always a place above the earth no matter how high above the earth you go; the sky never really ends.

Come to think of it, the earth is in the sky... duh.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#103698 Dec 6, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure you are proof that God has a sense of humor. A somewhat sick sense, but one of humor none the less.
WTF?
attakkdog

London, UK

#103699 Dec 6, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Your History only goes as far as the 1840s!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
MY history only goes back to 1965.
Please explain the '1840's comment...?
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#103700 Dec 6, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, it would be false of me to say that there is no sin, or that I have no sin.

I AM A SINFUL MOTHER TRUCKER! I WILL GO TO HELL; ONLY JESU(S) CAN SAVE ME.

However it is necessary to question the nature of "sin", and what sin actually is; because the moment you suggest that anything is possible outside the will of God... you are pretty much in trouble.

Sin is... not nice; but I cant say that it is "against" the Will of God.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#103701 Dec 6, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
1 – Prove that “natural selection” exists, in an objectively verifiable manner via the scientific method.

2 - What it is exactly and how that was determined in an objective manner via the scientific method.

3 - The mechanisms it used to do whatever it is you think it did, how it used them, when it used them, and how all this was determined in an objective manner via the scientific method.
KAB

United States

#103702 Dec 6, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a question for you KAB, if you use Pi rounded to one digit, what can you successfully build using that number?
Oh non-mathematically saavy Doc, Bob wants to know if you think nothing could be suceessfully built using an approximation for Pi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min SobieskiSavedEurope 133,718
How would creationists explain... 29 min replaytime 403
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 6 hr Kong_ 650
Science News (Sep '13) 22 hr positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web