It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
101,661 - 101,680 of 135,617 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you have to be told that natural selection is a result? You seem to be thinking in terms of PRE-selection. There is no premeditation. No goal. Man, you've got one thick head.
The suffix "ion" denotes an action or condition; none of which are final in and of themselves but are the results of actions and conditions and will in turn spur further actions and conditions.

Furthermore, natural selection cannot be a result while it is held to be the "engine which drives evolution".

You dont even know your own crap.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter how many different definitions they have: select will always be related to selection in the context that they are used. What is your point?
You obviously find fulfilment in words games.
Try Scrabble.
I stated my point in gameless words, as evidenced by the fact that you didn't answer my question and explain your actions with ANY words.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
The suffix "ion" denotes an action or condition; none of which are final in and of themselves but are the results of actions and conditions and will in turn spur further actions and conditions.
Furthermore, natural selection cannot be a result while it is held to be the "engine which drives evolution".
I do. You seem incapable of understanding it. Cherry pick all the quotes or definitions you like. It's not helping your case.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. You seem incapable of understanding it. Cherry pick all the quotes or definitions you like. It's not helping your case.
I could say the say about you :P

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
I could say the say about you :P
You could but you would be wrong once again.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
Ok so let me get this straight:
It is will that guides or fulfils purpose; yet you cant thwart purpose by acting against will?
So if I establish that the purpose of the sun is to shine, and by my will act so that the sun shines:
Are you saying that you cant affect my purpose for the sun to shine, by resisting my efforts to make the sun shine?
If purpose is supported by will; how can you frustrate will without thwarting purpose?
Do you see why you need to stop talking and start listening?
Your will does not make the sun shine. Rather, it is action taken in harmony with your will which does. Someone "acting" against your will can attempt to prevent the sun from shining, but if you are the almighty, they will not succeed in preventing the sun from shining although they acted against your will in trying.

Do you see why you need to think more before talking? It's also immensely helpful to be committed to the truth instead of your present agenda!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to mention the "some" who accept, adhere to, and teach what the Bible actually relates. I realize you can't get as much laugh mileage out of them, so I understand. Of course there's always the possibility you are unaware that such exist. They are easily lost in, as you alluded to, the abundance of what the world generally knows as religion.
No argument.

I actually DO respect persons of faith, as long as it's peaceful, and genuine.

That I don't necessarily have the particular brand of faith they have is irrelevant.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
THe moment you assert that there is no Entity/Agent that caused creation; you implied that is is accidental, according to the general definition of "accident".
Furthermore, you analogies are quite irrelevant.
It is purely accidental that any organism survives, especially in light of the fact that they are continually experiencing mutations during their active life.
Mutations within other organisms in the population may make reproduction unsuccessful.
There is nothing to guarantee that the environment will be suitable once an organism is born.
There are predators that may consume even the most well adapted organisms... there are even diseases.
These are only a few of the odds stacked against living organisms
at every moment in their life.
Nature is not a controlled environment like your labs; shit happens quite frequently. And the slightest change can wipe out a whole species/population... the single drop in an essential element in their food supply could lead to malnourishment, and deformed offspring.
Natural selection is just another way of saying "accidental survival"; because the chances are that even the fittest will die. As a mater of fact, they eventually do.
What was unfit about dinosaurs by the way; and where are they now?
The opposite of designed is not "accidental." Nor is the opposite of designed "random." Nor is it "chance." Like I said, you clearly don't understand the words you're using. That's why your arguments fail. You don't get to redefine everything for your own purposes and then declare that reality conforms to your personal redefinitions. That is little more than delusion. You're welcome to be delusional, but stop getting butt-hurt that everybody else thinks you're batshit bonkers when you speak.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The opposite of designed is not "accidental." Nor is the opposite of designed "random." Nor is it "chance." Like I said, you clearly don't understand the words you're using. That's why your arguments fail. You don't get to redefine everything for your own purposes and then declare that reality conforms to your personal redefinitions. That is little more than delusion. You're welcome to be delusional, but stop getting butt-hurt that everybody else thinks you're batshit bonkers when you speak.
Precisely.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No argument.
I actually DO respect persons of faith, as long as it's peaceful, and genuine.
That I don't necessarily have the particular brand of faith they have is irrelevant.
Perhaps the real difference between us then is your not having faith in the Bible?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I've noticed that the ENGINE in my car is the RESULT of design EFFORT. What puzzles me is how an ENGINE can be a RESULT!
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
Ok so let me get this straight:
It is will that guides or fulfils purpose; yet you cant thwart purpose by acting against will?
So if I establish that the purpose of the sun is to shine, and by my will act so that the sun shines:
Are you saying that you cant affect my purpose for the sun to shine, by resisting my efforts to make the sun shine?
If purpose is supported by will; how can you frustrate will without thwarting purpose?
Do you see why you need to stop talking and start listening?
P.S.
If you wanted to create the illusion of thwarting your will for the sun to shine you could always stick your head where the sun don't shine!
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You could but you would be wrong once again.
Yeah, like you are, every time you talk about me.
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
...but if you are the almighty, they will not succeed in preventing the sun from shining although they acted against your will in trying...
Exactly!

So what are you disputing?

If God is Almighty, and nothing will succeed in preventing His will from being done; how is it possible to "sin" against Him, in the sense of acting contrary to His will?

I know what Moses said God told him to write about Cain. But what is written and how it is written has always depended on the objective of the individual who is writing.

It is possible that Moses asked God how he could write the history of the nation to make them appear powerful and victorious.

WHAT IS WRITTEN IS WRITTEN FOOOOR MAN: "these things are written that ye may believe" [John].

By virtue of His Omnipotence, God has no real reason to even notice history; so what was written was written in the interest of theman who was writing.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
Yeah, like you are, every time you talk about me.
No need. You do it to yourself.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

<quoted text>
Exactly!
So what are you disputing?
If God is Almighty, and nothing will succeed in preventing His will from being done; how is it possible to "sin" against Him, in the sense of acting contrary to His will?
I know what Moses said God told him to write about Cain. But what is written and how it is written has always depended on the objective of the individual who is writing.
It is possible that Moses asked God how he could write the history of the nation to make them appear powerful and victorious.
WHAT IS WRITTEN IS WRITTEN FOOOOR MAN: "these things are written that ye may believe" [John].
By virtue of His Omnipotence, God has no real reason to even notice history; so what was written was written in the interest of theman who was writing.
Did you even pay attention (comprehend) to the end of my statement which you quoted, specifically, "although they acted against your will" and to which you responded "Exactly!"? Whether you agree with yourself or not, you are "Exactly!" right. It is possible for someone to act against Yahweh's will!
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
... It is possible for someone to act against Yahweh's will!
And by asserting that you have implied that God is not ALmighty, not Omnipotent and is unworthy of the Title: Almighty God.

You have made the testimony of His servants a lie, for His servant says:

"The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation." [Psalm 33:11]

It would have been better if you believed in nothing as the evos do, than to believe in that lie you hold on to.

The concept of the Almighty is true and sound; one does not even have to believe in God to see that the principle is reasonable.

Everyone can agree that IF an Omnipotent entity exists, it can do all things that we see being done;

It is men like you that introduce inconsistencies to the concept of God and create meaningless institutions called religion.

YOU KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS TO THE "IMPOTENCE" OF GOD; I WILL KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS FOR "THE OMNIPOTENT GOD".

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Well look at the rubbish that blew back into this thread after claiming yet again that it was leaving and not coming back. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

<quoted text>
And by asserting that you have implied that God is not ALmighty, not Omnipotent and is unworthy of the Title: Almighty God.
You have made the testimony of His servants a lie, for His servant says:
"The counsel of the LORD stands forever, The plans of His heart from generation to generation." [Psalm 33:11]
It would have been better if you believed in nothing as the evos do, than to believe in that lie you hold on to.
The concept of the Almighty is true and sound; one does not even have to believe in God to see that the principle is reasonable.
Everyone can agree that IF an Omnipotent entity exists, it can do all things that we see being done;
It is men like you that introduce inconsistencies to the concept of God and create meaningless institutions called religion.
YOU KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS TO THE "IMPOTENCE" OF GOD; I WILL KEEP ON BEING A WITNESS FOR "THE OMNIPOTENT GOD".
I deal with data, not mental meanderings, so I will address the one (only?) item of data you have provided. Psalm 33:11 is not falsified by free-willed humans acting, as I have shown to be clearly documented in the Bible itself, against Yahweh's will. In fact, such humans serve to demonstrate Yahweh's Almightiness in that they do not (cannot) thwart his purpose. The end result he wants accomplished (purpose) is always accomplished. Nothing has sufficient "might" to prevent it. That's because he is Almighty.

You are laboring under a long-standing unbiblical false religious notion that every action is in harmony with God's will. A proper understanding of God's "almightiness" is formulated from the facts on the ground (the data, including most importantly the Bible), not what anyone wishes were the case.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
You know its quite interesting, but the non-existence of God doesnt make Him/Her unreal.
That which truly is is determined by that which is not: you cant say a colour is black until you can say that it is not any other colour.So God is real whether He exists or not.
And He is infinitely powerful whether or not He exists, because like I said: what is and what not are dependent on each other. So even if God is not, His influence extends to all that is. Wicked aint it?!!
Furthermore, the fact that I am wrong doesnt mean that you are right. So I hope you dont base your claim of rightness on my being wrong.
I will have you realize that you are violating a fundamental scientific principle when you say: "It CANNOT be proven...", regardless of what you are talking about (God, gremlins, the spaghetti monster...).
Whenever you adopt a negative stance, you necessarily begin to talk garbage; that a scientific fact, based on the realization that proof of the negative is undefined.
Furthermore, the Bible is a collection of testaments, i.e. reports based on experiences. And since man's interpretations of experiences can be flawed, the men who wrote the Bible could have had misconceptions. But none of their misconceptions is proof that God does not exist or that Jesu(s) is not God.
The bible is hearsay, and demonstrated to be really bad hearsay. All it shows is that people of the time it was written, between 0 and 200 AD, were really stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••