It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150537 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#102397 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Error acknowledgement duly noted. That leaves us with the question of which of the arguments against evolution are correct?
Well, since the TOE has stood the test of time and science for over a hundred and fifty years and gets stronger everyday, and is supported by every scientific organization on earth, I predict that it will be found that no arguments against it will stand.

And, since today's science has repeatedly found that many of the stories in the Bible are mythical; I predict that before this century is out that religion in the US will degrade to the point that we find in Scandinavia today i.e. not much happenin' jack.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#102398 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, christians are the ones who interpret their books based on what they want it to say, not me.
Christians interpret their books based on what they want; but how does that justify you interpreting real life the way you want?

Everything was going fine until you began to redicule other people's beliefs.

But "the measure that you measure will be measured back unto you"; so the standard you use to discriminate will be effective against you... by the Law Of Equality (L.O.E.)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102399 Nov 19, 2012
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians interpret their books based on what they want; but how does that justify you interpreting real life the way you want?
But "the measure that you measure will be measured back unto you"; so the standard you use to discriminate will be effective against you... by the Law Of Equality (L.O.E.)
I don't ridicule their beliefs, I want the theists to get the mental help they need for their delusion.

Also, I don't interpret anything that is not art, and that is all that does need interpreting.

Finally, learn to spell.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#102400 Nov 19, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since the TOE has stood the test of time and science for over a hundred and fifty years and gets stronger everyday, and is supported by every scientific organization on earth, I predict that it will be found that no arguments against it will stand.
And, since today's science has repeatedly found that many of the stories in the Bible are mythical; I predict that before this century is out that religion in the US will degrade to the point that we find in Scandinavia today i.e. not much happenin' jack.
Quit beating around the bushes like a pussy.

Let me tell you straight up:

Archeology has found no proof that any of the patriarch existed.

There is no archaeological proof that David nor Solomon nor their successes nor wealth nor assets ever existed.

There is no proof that the flood regarding Noah not the exodus from Egypt ever happened.

But you know what? We dont give a phoque!!!!!

None of it matters eventually; whether they were real or not. Even if they were real, we would still be obligated to find our own meaning and purpose in/from God. And just because David or Moses (if they are real) and God were pals, doesnt mean that I have to be or will be. Their experiences and fortune with God is their own; I would have to seek mine.

Both evolutionists and creationists shit talkers.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#102401 Nov 19, 2012
Both you evolutionists and creationists are full of shit, like crabs.
Interesting.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#102402 Nov 19, 2012
And again.

BTW, we already know that shit.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#102403 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Mutation is also discussed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z4ylfLqiyRoXX&feature=rel ated

Ignoring the fact that it looks like it was done in the 60's, it was just one lie after another. Pablum for the masses who they know won't bother to check out their claims.

ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
"How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
&#8213; Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102404 Nov 19, 2012
And regardless of what the creationist nuts say research goes on:

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-featu...
Tyler in _______

Drexel Hill, PA

#102405 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
I beg to defer; as a matter of fact, I have company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =db_do4ECvZAXX
The really sad thing is that this professor has a habilitation degree in forest genetics and yet apparently has no knowledge of the famous e coli long term evolution experiment. Or the lactose tolerance mutation. Or basically any of the beneficial mutations observed in the human population alone.

Do you see what I mean about creationists tending to be dishonest :/ even from a logical standpoint it makes no sense to say that no beneficial mutations ever take place. There is absolutely nothing to prevent a beneficial mutation from occuring.

Heck, even in his own field of dendrology, the continued existence of the non-poisonous almond should lay this kind of misunderstanding to rest.

Even AiG admits that beneficial mutations can and do happen. I've said before that their Arguments Creationists Should Avoid article is the single useful resource on that site, and I'll say it again.
Tyler in _______

Drexel Hill, PA

#102406 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Its amazing how you can talk so much and say absolutely nothing; its a real paradox I tell you.
I will post this link for your review at your convenience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =db_do4ECvZAXX
And I will repeat:
Both creationists and evolutionists are full of shit.
Everything I posted was factually true. If you have a particular grievance, I would be happy to address it.

If your contention is that it was too long for you, then I will be equally happy to summarize for you.
Tyler in _______

Drexel Hill, PA

#102407 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Error acknowledgement duly noted. That leaves us with the question of which of the arguments against evolution are correct?
Tbh I'm so not the person to ask that of. The closest to a convincing arguments against evolution I've seen have been arguments from ignorance at best, but I imagine alternate, equally convincing arguments exist in order for so many to reject it, even after taking human tendencies into account.

But there are a lot of things that I am so not the person to ask.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#102408 Nov 19, 2012
Tyler in _______ wrote:
<quoted text>
The really sad thing is that this professor has a habilitation degree in forest genetics and yet apparently has no knowledge of the famous e coli long term evolution experiment. Or the lactose tolerance mutation. Or basically any of the beneficial mutations observed in the human population alone.
Do you see what I mean about creationists tending to be dishonest :/ even from a logical standpoint it makes no sense to say that no beneficial mutations ever take place. There is absolutely nothing to prevent a beneficial mutation from occuring.
Heck, even in his own field of dendrology, the continued existence of the non-poisonous almond should lay this kind of misunderstanding to rest.
Even AiG admits that beneficial mutations can and do happen. I've said before that their Arguments Creationists Should Avoid article is the single useful resource on that site, and I'll say it again.

In fairness it looks like it was recorded by an amateur in the 70's.
LowellGuy

United States

#102409 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly I asked you some questions and up to now you have not responded.
I mentioned a few phenomena and asked how they were detectable/measurable outside of logical agreement, since the human senses cannot perceive them.
How is it that you found it convenient to evade those questions and run into something that was not directed at you?
How is it that you dont believe in philosophy yet you use philosophical terms to state your scientific understanding?
Infinite regress is related to philosophy, not scientific method as you would have me believe.
But I am willing to admit that logic is not my friend; logic is no one's friend. But I can see that it is becoming your enemy.
You are a bitch like Mark Twain; go shove your ideas where the sun dont shine.
You have nothing to teach me.
Did you ask me questions about undetectable phenomena? Are you sure you didn't ask Dogen? And, if it was regarding love, we have evidence of love (brain signals, deeds). I have a feeling that's where you were going with that. You are treating well-worn ground like virgin soil. Your ignorance of your ignorance does nothing to support anything you say.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#102410 Nov 19, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion in the US will definitely be degraded in the near future(Revelation 17:15-18).

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#102411 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a one has been presented.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#102412 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion in the US will definitely be degraded in the near future(Revelation 17:15-18).
You misspelled "Critical thinking in the US will definitely be improved in the near future."

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#102413 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Revelation happened 1950 years ago. Don't you understand the book was encoded to keep the Romans from understanding it?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#102414 Nov 19, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
And regardless of what the creationist nuts say research goes on:
http://www.tgdaily.com/general-sciences-featu...
Reinforcing the principle that if they write it, you will believe it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102415 Nov 19, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Reinforcing the principle that if they write it, you will believe it.
Go ahead and debunk the claim. Of course all of your pathetic claims have failed so you are reduced to throwing stones at people who can actually do scientific work.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#102416 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Quit beating around the bushes like a pussy.
Let me tell you straight up:
Archeology has found no proof that any of the patriarch existed.
There is no archaeological proof that David nor Solomon nor their successes nor wealth nor assets ever existed.
There is no proof that the flood regarding Noah not the exodus from Egypt ever happened.
But you know what? We dont give a phoque!!!!!
None of it matters eventually; whether they were real or not. Even if they were real, we would still be obligated to find our own meaning and purpose in/from God. And just because David or Moses (if they are real) and God were pals, doesnt mean that I have to be or will be. Their experiences and fortune with God is their own; I would have to seek mine.
You're obviously undecided on whose side you are on...declare yourself bud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min Uncle Sam 11,222
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min scientia potentia... 195,189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr scientia potentia... 29,461
Science News (Sep '13) Thu Ricky F 3,573
Ribose can be produced in space Apr 26 MIDutch 2
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Apr 26 ChristineM 14,551
How and why single cell organisms evolved into ... Apr 26 MIDutch 1
More from around the web