It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
97,481 - 97,500 of 134,482 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Duane Gish is as free to provide data as anyone else. Note, it's data that's most welcome, not opinions. BTW, I have no idea who he is, nor do I care.

Duane Gish, much like yourself, only offers data when he is cornered, and then to both your own detriment.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah took what was necessary to generate life as it exists today. You can be sure he didn't take every specific variant of canine.

Likely not, but 2 of the same species (plus the food to maintain them) would overwhelm an ark 20 times the size of what Noah is said to have had.

I guess it does not matter because the story was stolen from the older Gilgamesh tale.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So whence came all of today's species (SPECIES) of canine come from?
Evolution?
In, what, 4,000-odd years?
Wow, that's a new species every few generations!

All dogs ARE one species. They are just different varieties. They are not genetically changed from a wolf.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing we can be sure of is you're stonewalling for stupidity.

Stonewalling for stupidity. I like that. It describes KAB very well.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

forreal wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying that bible scholars are better than St Paul?LOL

You mean Paul the Heretic or
Paul the False Prophet?

Actually, Paul knew almost nothing about Jesus and perverts the message of the Christ pretty badly.

All that is an aside. Yes, modern biblical scholars know much more (though still extremely little) about Jesus and his message than Paul did.

Paul had no writings about Jesus.
Paul was rejected by the ACTUAL disciples of Jesus.
Paul was a misogynist and Jesus respected women.
Paul was a Pharisee and never completely put away his Pharisaic training.
Paul was strongly influenced by the early Gnostics.
Paul made up most of his beliefs about Jesus.

You can write every factual thing Paul ever said about or quoted the MAN Jesus on a 3x5 card and have room to spare. Try it sometime.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen a Beefalo? thats not evolution its crossbreeding?
Yes, I'm aware of that.

Got nothing to do with evolution or the post to which you pretend to be responding.

You seem to hold the position that both cows and bison, not to mention wisent, aurochs, Cape buff, water buff, yak, zebu, gaur, and I dunno how many other widely-separated species all evolved from a single breeding pair of proto-bovines.

In 4,000 years.

Delusional much?
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Paul the Heretic or
Paul the False Prophet?
Actually, Paul knew almost nothing about Jesus and perverts the message of the Christ pretty badly.
All that is an aside. Yes, modern biblical scholars know much more (though still extremely little) about Jesus and his message than Paul did.
Paul had no writings about Jesus.
Paul was rejected by the ACTUAL disciples of Jesus.
Paul was a misogynist and Jesus respected women.
Paul was a Pharisee and never completely put away his Pharisaic training.
Paul was strongly influenced by the early Gnostics.
Paul made up most of his beliefs about Jesus.
You can write every factual thing Paul ever said about or quoted the MAN Jesus on a 3x5 card and have room to spare. Try it sometime.
with all this information you make sure none of your favorite bible scholars ever quote from St Paul ever again!LOL May this be the last time you ever quote St paul yourself!LOL

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Qufu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Thomas Robertson wrote:
“Some Evolutionists are confused, because dogs fit into 35 species in 14 genii.”

KAB wrote:
“Noah took what was necessary to generate life as it exists today. You can be sure he didn't take every specific variant of canine.”

Please answer my question. Between the Gray wolf, Domestic dog, Dingo, Coyote, Ethiopian wolf, Golden jackal, Side-striped jackal, Black-backed jackal, Asian wild dog&#65292;African wild dog, Short-eared dog,&#65292;Crab-eating fox, Falklands wolf, Culpeo, Darwin's fox, South American gray fox, Pampas fox, Sechura fox, Hoary fox, Maned wolf, Bush dog, Arctic fox, Red fox, Swift fox, Kit fox, Corsac fox, Cape fox, Pale fox, Bengal fox, Tibetan sand fox, Blanford's fox, Rüppell's fox, Fennec fox, Gray fox, Island fox, and Cozumel fox, which ones did he take?
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm aware of that.
Got nothing to do with evolution or the post to which you pretend to be responding.
You seem to hold the position that both cows and bison, not to mention wisent, aurochs, Cape buff, water buff, yak, zebu, gaur, and I dunno how many other widely-separated species all evolved from a single breeding pair of proto-bovines.
In 4,000 years.
Delusional much?
having sex with different people or races is not evolution!God didnt make just one cow he said cattle according to its kind!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All dogs ARE one species. They are just different varieties. They are not genetically changed from a wolf.
Dogs, yes.

Canines, no.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that this is an assertion and you provided no data.
Why is that do you think.
I didn't assert anything. I raised a question of possibility. "Perhaps" is the distinguishing factor. Those good with English would recognize that.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what: go get yourself a few cartons of salt and dump them all over your yard. Water it in. Then, tell us how much rain it takes to bring that land back to fertility.
Are you sure a few cartons would be the right concentration for a valid experiment?
Johny

Dickinson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Thomas - Obviously Noah took the animals which God told him, so he got the correct genetic makeup to have all the animals we have today. The mitochondrial DNA Eve would support the flood narrative, where a few women constrained the genetic makeup of mankind today.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
How would you possibly know.
We call it science. Perhaps you've heard of it.
marksman11 wrote:
And plants can exist before the sun.
What plants existed before the sun? On the not-yet Earth.
marksman11 wrote:
Light existed before the sun.
Prove it.
marksman11 wrote:
Then what did they eat?
Whatever was available. But not seed bearing plants.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
I can accept the obviousness that Jesus existence is certain.
You just contradicted yourself, Markie.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
During the immediate time period they were far too busy treading water to record what was happening!
No more stupid than most of your answers.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Roughly a year.
A global flood would have left evidence spanning hundreds - if not thousands - of years. Your resolution requirement is completely unnecessary and totally ridiculous.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes more sense when you think carefully about the possibilities given the data we do have, a process which seems completely foreign to you.
Or simply make shit up. A process not foreign to you.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All the better to precede the land animals.
They didn't.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the flood evidence in the geological record, that I am aware of, were events of less than a year duration.
Imagine that!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••