It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99220 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, the ones given were many thousands of years ago.

I sunk your battleship!

Dogen wrote:
What is the timestamp on those bottlenecks?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99221 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the record states. The Guy's statements go beyond what is written (1 Corintians 4:6).

I'm sorry, are you not reading my posts at all or just dodging before you even see the ball is coming?

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is common knowledge among people who have taken a few science classes.....?
Yet you did not know it. Why is that do you suppose?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#99222 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Those who dont believe in the Exodus needs to tell the Jews why they even today still celebrate the PASSOVER!!!They have done this for more than 3,500 yrs, even Mary the mother of Jesus did it also!
It's a cultural tradition. People have been exchanging gifts at Christmas time for centuries as well. Doesn't mean that Santa Claus is real.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99223 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the jury is still out on the plant/animal order,
"530 Ma The first known footprints on land date to 530 Ma, indicating that early animal explorations may have predated the development of terrestrial plants.[5]"
http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/Timeli...
From your reference:
"363 Ma By the start of the Carboniferous period, the Earth begins to be recognisable. Insects roamed the land and would soon take to the skies; sharks predated the oceans,[8] and vegetation covered the land, with seed-bearing plants and forests soon to flourish.

Four-limbed tetrapods gradually gain adaptions which will help them occupy a terrestrial life-habit."

Dummy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Park City, Utah

#99224 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Moses was born 1400 BC and he left Egypt around that time around the age of 80 yr old and he left egypt to the promise land and later wrote the first 5 books of the bible. Now 1400 BC plus 2012 equals3412 yrs stop twist the facts as a rattle snake!!!LOL
Moses probably never existed. There was never an Exodus from Egypt of a million+ Hebrews. Joshua never conquered all those cities. The
Pentateuch was probably written around the time of the exile in Babylon and by at least 3 different authors.

These things are all accepted by biblical scholars.

The hypothesis that Moses never existed is brought about by the KNOWN fact that the Exodus never happened and the KNOWN fact that Joshua never conquered the cities that the Bible states he did. Add to these facts the KNOWN fact that a world-wide flood never happened and that the Tower of Babel story is falsified by the fact that humans were already populating the WHOLE world by the suggested time from the Bible.

We also KNOW for a fact now that the world is WAY more than 6,000 years old...this has been proven over and over again by multiple methodology's. And, of course, Adam and Eve are known to be myth

I suggest to you that the founding books of the Christian religion have now been falsified

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

United States

#99225 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
It was a trick reference. The picture wasn't what he stated it was.
No tricks involved. The picture of the skeletal pattern of the treated sting ray fin transformed by Hox genes in one generation, looks quite similar to the 6 fingered skeletal pattern of the (fossil) Tulerpeton autopod (tetrapod hand/foot).
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Furthermore, this experiment elucidated a genetic pathway by which this transformation could have occurred.

From the conclusion of Dahn's paper, "Sonic hedgehog function in chondrichthyan fins and the evolution of appendage patterning", 2007, Nature 445:311-314
"...We have also shown that differences in the timing and spatial domains of Sonic hedgehog expression in skate fins relative to tetrapod limbs correlate well with the morphological diversification of these structures. Therefore we suggest that regulatory changes in Sonic hedgehog signalling may provide an important potential source for generating morphological diversity, in addition to the evolution of downstream Sonic hedgehog responsive gene networks."
http://science.kennesaw.edu/~mdavi144/Publica...

This experiment demonstrated that the transformation of fin to limb did not have to involve the origin of new DNA, and as a result, would have occurred much faster than previously thought. The shift would have involved using ancient genes such as shark fin developmental Hox genes, in new ways to make limbs with fingers and toes. The suddenness of this shift would have produced the illusion of discontinuity.

Level 2

United States

#99226 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
I thought it was Design that your side expected (required as I recall) to bounce back-and-forth somewhat erratically between realms since it isn't constrained to a natural progression like evolution is(?). If it weren't for ToE, you'd think you were seeing Design's fingerprints all over this thing!
Besides you, what is bouncing back and forth?

Level 2

United States

#99227 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
Consider, for example, the hypothesis that single-celled life naturally transitioned to generate multi-celled life. As supporting data, we have both single- and multi- celled prokaryotic and eukaryotic life and symbiotic associations/combinations of such. If it were discovered that the transition requires a process which could not naturally occur, this would confirm the hypothesis to be incorrect.
You really need to read Margulis and Sagan's book - "Acquiring Genomes.
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99228 Oct 4, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cultural tradition. People have been exchanging gifts at Christmas time for centuries as well. Doesn't mean that Santa Claus is real.
The Jews know what happen in Egypt and why God set them free!!! stop lying and serving the Father of Lies!
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99229 Oct 4, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses probably never existed. There was never an Exodus from Egypt of a million+ Hebrews. Joshua never conquered all those cities. The
Pentateuch was probably written around the time of the exile in Babylon and by at least 3 different authors.
These things are all accepted by biblical scholars.
The hypothesis that Moses never existed is brought about by the KNOWN fact that the Exodus never happened and the KNOWN fact that Joshua never conquered the cities that the Bible states he did. Add to these facts the KNOWN fact that a world-wide flood never happened and that the Tower of Babel story is falsified by the fact that humans were already populating the WHOLE world by the suggested time from the Bible.
We also KNOW for a fact now that the world is WAY more than 6,000 years old...this has been proven over and over again by multiple methodology's. And, of course, Adam and Eve are known to be myth
I suggest to you that the founding books of the Christian religion have now been falsified
why do you doubt! either you believe or you dont!!! stop being a lukewarm worm! Any idot biblical scholar can be a judas any oldday.

Level 2

United States

#99230 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
You apparently will never learn that "no wet period" on these time scales with their associated tens-to-hundreds of years resolutions does not preclude the possibility of there having been a flood (during the dry spell).
You apparently will never learn that time scale resolution does not make sedimentary evidence disappear. A core is continuous, reflecting the entire sedimentary record throughout the entire length of a core. Sediments in the 7 Chinese desert cores (and the aeolian/lacustrine sediments of the 6 lakes) revealed NO common wet period throughout the entire holocene. This is convincing evidence that a global flood never happened.

You apparently will also never learn that short term floods leave behind recognizable sedimentation, let alone a flood that lasted a year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...
http://www.whoi.edu/science/GG/coastal/public...
http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/36/5/391.a...
http://www.geochronometria.pl/pdf/geo_37/Geo3...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/97...
http://bulletin.geoscienceworld.org/content/1...
http://www.climategeology.ethz.ch/people/wirt...

No global flood data
No global flood

Level 2

United States

#99231 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
No, I have 8 at 4500 (Genesis 8:15,16).
To bad you don't have the data.
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99232 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of baseless assertions. And tradition has it that Ramesses the Great was pharaoh when Moses left for the promise land. Ramesses lived from 1303 BC till July or August 1213 BC
Jerome's Chronicon (4th century) gives 1592 for the birth of Moses, the 17th-century Ussher chronology calculates 1619 BC (Annals of the World, 1658)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses#cite_note-...
Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE;[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses
All of this is an aside, however, as there is no archeological or historical evidence of a large population leaving Egypt and wandering the desert for 40 years.
More likely the story has been expanded from earlier versions of the story.
there is no trdtion when it comes to facts? Where are all the bricks the hebrew slave made within the 400 yrs of slavery?LOL In America schools have made alot of Idiots cause of Darwin. Our founding fathers never embrace animals and their parents only stupid fools that are well educated!!!LOL Just lie Mitt how many lies did he speak in front of the americans and they all say he won!LOL you can win anything now days in america with lies!!!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99233 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text> The Jews know what happen in Egypt and why God set them free!!! stop lying and serving the Father of Lies!

MIDutch does not serve you, I don't believe.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99234 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text> there is no trdtion when it comes to facts? Where are all the bricks the hebrew slave made within the 400 yrs of slavery?LOL In America schools have made alot of Idiots cause of Darwin. Our founding fathers never embrace animals and their parents only stupid fools that are well educated!!!LOL Just lie Mitt how many lies did he speak in front of the americans and they all say he won!LOL you can win anything now days in america with lies!!!

Sometimes you make very little sense.

Then there are the times, like above, that make no sense at all.

Level 2

United States

#99235 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
A relatively slow rising (40 days?) upwelling-dominant flood followed by a relatively slow draining (major part of a year?) would generate much less sediment than you would like. Then a couple of good post-flood rains/snowfalls to pretty much wipe the slate clean, and there you have it.
Have what? A make believe flood? Do you have any data to go with your fantasy here Mr Data?
KAB wrote:
However, that pesky high-walled Canadian meteor crater would still retain the significant sediment washed down from the internal slopes of its walls by the rising flood waters overtopping them. I guess it's not easy to eliminate all traces of something.
I guess I missed that description in the paper. Can you provide the actual quote about a flood overtopping the crater rim?

To bad you can't corroborate this finding in other crater lakes like the Mbalang, where nothing but a "monotonous sedimentation interpreted as a relatively dry phase" was found between 2000 and 7000 ybp.
http://hol.sagepub.com/content/22/1/31.abstra...

That you can't corroborate this finding, would mean the Canadian crater lake sedimentation @ 4200 ybp would be a regional phenomenon.

No global flood data
No global flood

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#99236 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text> why do you doubt! either you believe or you dont!!! stop being a lukewarm worm! Any idot biblical scholar can be a judas any oldday.
Since the time of Astruc (1753) modern criticism has held that Genesis is not a uniform work by one author, but was combined by successive editors from several sources that are themselves partly composite, and has received its present form only in the course of centuries.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/65...

Celebrating the Passover no more proves the Exodus than the Easter Bunny proves the Resurrection.

Level 2

United States

#99237 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
I noticed everything except your last point since the resolution of the data doesn't warrant that conclusion.
Yes it does. Time scale resolution does not make evidence disappear.

No global data
No global flood
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99238 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
MIDutch does not serve you, I don't believe.
are you saying americans are not going into a NWO? what do you believe when a heart like your is full of lies!
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99239 Oct 4, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the time of Astruc (1753) modern criticism has held that Genesis is not a uniform work by one author, but was combined by successive editors from several sources that are themselves partly composite, and has received its present form only in the course of centuries.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/65...
Celebrating the Passover no more proves the Exodus than the Easter Bunny proves the Resurrection.
sense you are a defender of lies why can you believe that Moses wrote the book of Genesis?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Titus33 149,363
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 16,690
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 hr NoahLovesU 1,344
Brainwashed: Christian school taught Intelligen... 3 hr emrenil 2
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr emrenil 176,826
Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... 5 hr Gillette 608
Birds Evolved From Dinosaurs Slowly—Then Took Off 11 hr Gillette 5
More from around the web