It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Mar 15, 2009 Read more: Asheville Citizen-Times 141,201
I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Read more
KAB

United States

#99181 Oct 4, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that the pollen based moisture index of the Ugii Nuur core in fig. 6 was at its lowest between 3000-6000 ybp?
Did you notice the aridity index in Lake Telman, Mongolia, in fig. 7, was at its highest point between 4100-6000 ybp?
Did you notice the moisture index of the plankton/benthic ratio in fig 7 was at its lowest between 3500-5800 ybp?
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
Do you notice how the moisture/aridity indices in this data contradict a 4500 ybp global flood?
I noticed everything except your last point since the resolution of the data doesn't warrant that conclusion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99182 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Look the number 666 is not ON its says in!!! Smiple as that IN their forehead or In their right hand!!! Arnt they doing that with some people alreday! the chip?

Simple metaphor. People think about money and they spend money, with the emperors image on it. Money controls people and Nero controlled the money.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99183 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text> The beast was given Life! arnt robots turning against the people!LOL just look at Mitt the way he walk flat as a robot?LOLLOLOLOLOL he is all program and brainwash!!!LOLOLOLOL

You are strange, sir.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#99184 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that drought-during-flood is irrelevant. Care to guess who introduced it?
Given that there is a ***CLAIM*** that the flood occurred, the simplest explanation for local "no-evidence" is that it's been 4500 years, so the evidence won't be evident everywhere.
Scientific skepticism doesn't work that way. Oh, and FIFY. You're welcome.
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99185 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you you are saying "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with the historic facts".
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point for this? Actually we only know of this being celebrated for about 2,500 (max) years with any certainty.
The Torah, which contains the story of the exodus, was formed in the period of the Babylonian exile (5th century BCE) or shortly after.[3] The traditions behind the exodus narrative are older, and can be traced in the writings of the 8th century prophets.[4] How far beyond that the tradition might stretch cannot be told:
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus" ; ; ;
these were oral traditions which, by their nature, changed from generation to generation. Have you ever played the game of "Telephone"? Did you see how screwed up a story became in just a few minuets with just 10 or so people?
2 pre-Israelites could have left Egypt in a huff and a thousand years later it became "The Exodus". We don't know what we don't know. Our earliest records are 1,000 years AFTER the alleged "Exodus".
Moses was born 1400 BC and he left Egypt around that time around the age of 80 yr old and he left egypt to the promise land and later wrote the first 5 books of the bible. Now 1400 BC plus 2012 equals3412 yrs stop twist the facts as a rattle snake!!!LOL
forreal

Corpus Christi, TX

#99186 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple metaphor. People think about money and they spend money, with the emperors image on it. Money controls people and Nero controlled the money.
Rev 13:17 This cant be NERO? He causes all both small and great rich and poor free or bond to recieve a mark that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99187 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that drought-during-flood is irrelevant. Care to guess who introduced it?
Given that there is a report that the flood occurred, the simplest explanation for local "no-evidence" is that it's been 4500 years, so the evidence won't be evident everywhere.
The stupid is strong in this one.

Please account for the fact that many major civilizations made no mention of said flood during this time period. Ready, set, go!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99188 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed everything except your last point since the resolution of the data doesn't warrant that conclusion.
What resolution do you require?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99189 Oct 4, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
So we all have to believe everything we canít disprove?
My, thatís a tall order!
You need to keep up. No one says you have to believe it, but you can't call things you can't ever prove, facts. You can believe and accept human from non-human evolution if you want to, but it is not a fact.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99190 Oct 4, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
MIDutch wrote:
There is NO research, NO empirical evidence, NO science in support of the following:
The cosmos was magically conjured into existence with a magic "word".
Marksman11 wrote:
ďThen please pray tell, how did the cosmos come into being?Ē
Iím not sure.
I think that a god hatched from a giant egg and broke it in half, thereby creating Heaven and Earth.
At least, thatís the Chinese theory.
Or maybe the Prince of Heaven looked down from the sky and decided to rule the Earth. So he came down from the sky, leaving his father who was the King of Heaven, but bringing an entourage of loyal subjects. A she-bear prayed to become a human woman. The Prince of Heaven honored her prayer, married her, and sired a son who ruled Korea for 1500 years..
At least, thatís the Korean theory.
Or it could be that in a great god got sick and upchucked the sun. The sun dried up some of the water, leaving land. The god upchucked again, thereby creating the moon, the stars, animals, and people.
At least, thatís the Bantu theory.
Or possibly the Earth was at one time submerged by a giant ocean. A little water beetle came down from the sky to explore, dived below the surface, and brought up a supply of mud which expanded.
At least, thatís the Cherokee theory.
Marksman11 wrote:
ďGive us the Ďscientific evidenceí.Ē
That would be nice, but thatís the best I can do, because you canít give us anything better.
THen I guess the best we can do is say there is no scientific evidence of how the cosmos came into being. Funny, your like minded non-christians in here disagree with you and they seem to know how the cosmos came into being billions of years ago! THey also think they know what is going on in a location the is millions of light years away. Oh yeah, you did know that you are kin to a tobacco stalk.....right?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99191 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Those who dont believe in the Exodus needs to tell the Jews why they even today still celebrate the PASSOVER!!!They have done this for more than 3,500 yrs, even Mary the mother of Jesus did it also!
Nice reply!!
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99192 Oct 4, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this how you bully your students into submission? Insulting and ridiculing them if they ask you a question you can't/won't answer?
No this is the way I treat idiots who keep asking the same question when you've already answered it 5 times already. You are an idiot. I'm sorry you are an idiot, and I wish you weren't an idiot, but you have to want to change, because if I can't get you to understand that there is no such thing as historical certainty after saying it 5 times, then I have no other alturnative that to deem you an idiot.
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW - I'M not the one refusing to answer a question about Jesus.
I'v already answered it 5 times!!!
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you apply it to Jesus.
"Can we be certain that Jesus really existed?"
When I tell you the truth, that there is no such thing as historical certainty, what do you think?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99193 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The pyramids were, but the "pyramidiots" (As Zahi Hawass calls you guys) were not. Pyramidiotism is a new age Christian fantasy.
I don't accept a 4 year olds claims about Physics, so pardon me if I completely reject anything you have to say about the Great Pyramid.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99194 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The pyramids were, but the "pyramidiots" (As Zahi Hawass calls you guys) were not. Pyramidiotism is a new age Christian fantasy.
By the way, keep up. We weren't talking about the pyramid, but your newage paganism.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#99195 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>Given that there is a report that the flood occurred ...
This would be a LIE!

There is a bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE that mentions it.

There is NO, repeat, NO "report that the (Noachian) flood occurred".
KAB

United States

#99196 Oct 4, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Bible says seed-bearing plants came at least one day before any animals. And, you already know that. And, I already know that. And, EVERYBODY HERE ALREADY KNOWS THAT.
http://bible.cc/genesis/1-12.htm (plants bearing seeds and fruits)
http://bible.cc/genesis/1-21.htm (birds and fish)
http://bible.cc/genesis/1-25.htm (land animals)
Meanwhile, the evidence does not show seed-bearing plants arising before animals. And, it certainly doesn't show seed-bearing plants arising in conjunction with non-seed-bearing plants. Seed-bearing plants arose long after non-seed-bearing plants, and after land animals appeared.
So, I ask you again: who are you going to believe? The Bible, or your own lying eyes?
By the way, that you pretend as though anybody here doesn't already know the story is disingenuous. If you think the Bible is wrong, just say so. If you think reality is wrong because it disagrees with the Bible, just say so. But, don't be a liar. It's not very Christian.
It appears the jury is still out on the plant/animal order,

"530 Ma The first known footprints on land date to 530 Ma, indicating that early animal explorations may have predated the development of terrestrial plants.[5]"

http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/Timeli...
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#99197 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>Given that there is a report that the flood occurred, the simplest explanation for local "no-evidence" is that it's been 4500 years, so the evidence won't be evident everywhere.
So, SCIENCE can find tiny examples of empirical evidence from MILLIONS of years ago (small fragile fish and plant and dinosaur fossils, tiny insects in amber, microscopic organisms from the PreCambrian, traces of iridium from a catastrophic asteroid strike, etc.) but can't seem to locate the "evidence" from the largest catastrophe to ever hit the Earth?

Yeah, right. Like that makes any sense.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99198 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No this is the way I treat idiots who keep asking the same question when you've already answered it 5 times already. You are an idiot. I'm sorry you are an idiot, and I wish you weren't an idiot, but you have to want to change, because if I can't get you to understand that there is no such thing as historical certainty after saying it 5 times, then I have no other alturnative that to deem you an idiot.<quoted text>I'v already answered it 5 times!!!<quoted text>When I tell you the truth, that there is no such thing as historical certainty, what do you think?
Weird...I don't recall you EVER answering whether you found someone who agreed that 1.10 was greater than 1.9.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99199 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the jury is still out on the plant/animal order,
"530 Ma The first known footprints on land date to 530 Ma, indicating that early animal explorations may have predated the development of terrestrial plants.[5]"
http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/Timeli...
You just presented evidence that CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE ACCOUNT.

Flowering land plants came before land animals according to the Bible.

The story you just shared says land animals came before flowering plants.

Reading comprehension is just not your forte.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99200 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't accept a 4 year olds claims about Physics, so pardon me if I completely reject anything you have to say about the Great Pyramid.
But, you DO accept that 1.10 is greater than 1.9, which will really do a serious number on physics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Chimney1 159,206
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 18,433
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Dogen 178,492
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 6 hr Chimney1 996
Humans DID evolve from apes! (Oct '14) Fri Chimney1 68
Poll How Do You View The New Millerite Adventist Inv... Apr 13 Zog Has-fallen 1
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) Apr 13 Denisova 360
More from around the web