It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163795 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99205 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Rev 13:17 This cant be NERO? He causes all both small and great rich and poor free or bond to recieve a mark that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark.

Clearly you have not read the references I provided for you. Until you are more educated on the subject it is pointless to bicker with you. Better to bicker with a blind man on the color of a fabric.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99206 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You need to keep up. No one says you have to believe it, but you can't call things you can't ever prove, facts. You can believe and accept human from non-human evolution if you want to, but it is not a fact.

Define Fact.

Per wikipedia:
The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Since human evolution is based on repeatable experiments in the areas of genetics, anthropology, biology, geology, paleontology,.... then human evolution is a fact (by definition).

You usually try to redefine terms at this point, so how would you like to warp wikipedia?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99207 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>THen I guess the best we can do is say there is no scientific evidence of how the cosmos came into being. Funny, your like minded non-christians in here disagree with you and they seem to know how the cosmos came into being billions of years ago! THey also think they know what is going on in a location the is millions of light years away. Oh yeah, you did know that you are kin to a tobacco stalk.....right?

Your love of science is showing. Here you just denied cosmology, physics, astronomy and astrophysics at the very least.

How is it you can claim to know more than all the scientists on the planet in every field of science?

Or did you just commit the fallacy of argument from ignorance, again?

Oh, and we are related to tobacco, we share about 40% of the same genetic material.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99208 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Nice reply!!

If you like the argument from ignorance (and you do).

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99209 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No this is the way I treat idiots who keep asking the same question when you've already answered it 5 times already. You are an idiot. I'm sorry you are an idiot, and I wish you weren't an idiot, but you have to want to change, because if I can't get you to understand that there is no such thing as historical certainty after saying it 5 times, then I have no other alturnative that to deem you an idiot.<quoted text>I'v already answered it 5 times!!!<quoted text>When I tell you the truth, that there is no such thing as historical certainty, what do you think?

you seem very angry. Why not just answer the question? Do you feel pinned into a corner?

Your answer is 'No, we don't know for certain that Jesus existed and I take that on faith'.

Just say it. Don't make problems where there are none.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99210 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't accept a 4 year olds claims about Physics, so pardon me if I completely reject anything you have to say about the Great Pyramid.

I know you have no cogent reply.

Dogen Wrote<quoted text>
The pyramids were, but the "pyramidiots" (As Zahi Hawass calls you guys) were not. Pyramidiotism is a new age Christian fantasy.

And you are arguing with Hawass, the worlds most acclaimed Egyptologist. Just saying.
KAB

United States

#99211 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny dodge, but still a dodge.
Again for your dodging amusement....
Dogen Wrote:
Funny, I would have thought that research showing large populations of several species during the period of the global flood would have snuffed the last life out of that notion.
Oh, so there is no research confirming that to be the case.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99212 Oct 4, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, keep up. We weren't talking about the pyramid, but your newage paganism.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am a historical Christian. I believe it the Jesus of history and not of the one from a polluted well.

You should read "Meeting Jesus again for the first time" By Marcus Borg.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99213 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the jury is still out on the plant/animal order,
"530 Ma The first known footprints on land date to 530 Ma, indicating that early animal explorations may have predated the development of terrestrial plants.[5]"
http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/Timeli...

Terrestrial. The first seed bearing plants came from the ocean.
KAB

United States

#99214 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The same data you were using and making comments about bottlenecks.
Lets try again.
What is the timestamp on those bottlenecks?
The real issue is not if you will dodge it or not. The real question is HOW you will dodge it. That is what keeps us entertained.
As I recall, the ones given were many thousands of years ago.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99215 Oct 4, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that whole "arguments from ignorance" thing coming?

He has honed fallacy making into an art. Junk art, that is.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99216 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A relatively slow rising (40 days?) upwelling-dominant flood followed by a relatively slow draining (major part of a year?) would generate much less sediment than you would like. Then a couple of good post-flood rains/snowfalls to pretty much wipe the slate clean, and there you have it. However, that pesky high-walled Canadian meteor crater would still retain the significant sediment washed down from the internal slopes of its walls by the rising flood waters overtopping them. I guess it's not easy to eliminate all traces of something.

Sorry, a upwelling flood would create just as much damage and sediment as any other flood.

MOST floods are "upwelling" floods. Think about how floods happen in real life.
KAB

United States

#99217 Oct 4, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is common knowledge among people who have taken a few science classes.....?
Yet you did not know it. Why is that do you suppose?
I know what the record states. The Guy's statements go beyond what is written (1 Corintians 4:6).

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99218 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll be pleased (NOT!) that I just explained this.

This would be a LIE:

tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't mention that the Canadian crater lake doesn't have one year resolution, and yet you use it to support your make-believe flood. Why is that do you suppose?
BTW - the time resolution of a core doesn't make sediment disappear. A core is continuous, reflecting the entire sedimentary record throughout the entire length of a core. Evidence has also been posted which verifies that short term flooding leaves behind indentifiable sedimentary evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge ...
http://www.whoi.edu/science/GG/coastal/public ...
http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/36/5/391.a ...
http://www.geochronometria.pl/pdf/geo_37/Geo3 ...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/97 ...
http://bulletin.geoscienceworld.org/content/1 ...
http://www.climategeology.ethz.ch/people/wirt ...

You utterly failed to address this.

Nice slight of hand, but it was caught by the audience.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99219 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so there is no research confirming that to be the case.

Ibid.

Funny dodge, but still a dodge.
Again for your dodging amusement....
Dogen Wrote:
Funny, I would have thought that research showing large populations of several species during the period of the global flood would have snuffed the last life out of that notion.

----------

The research we have been examining shows EXACTLY that.

You are so backed up you can't even move enough to get a good dodge in.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99220 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, the ones given were many thousands of years ago.

I sunk your battleship!

Dogen wrote:
What is the timestamp on those bottlenecks?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#99221 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the record states. The Guy's statements go beyond what is written (1 Corintians 4:6).

I'm sorry, are you not reading my posts at all or just dodging before you even see the ball is coming?

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is common knowledge among people who have taken a few science classes.....?
Yet you did not know it. Why is that do you suppose?
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#99222 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Those who dont believe in the Exodus needs to tell the Jews why they even today still celebrate the PASSOVER!!!They have done this for more than 3,500 yrs, even Mary the mother of Jesus did it also!
It's a cultural tradition. People have been exchanging gifts at Christmas time for centuries as well. Doesn't mean that Santa Claus is real.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99223 Oct 4, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the jury is still out on the plant/animal order,
"530 Ma The first known footprints on land date to 530 Ma, indicating that early animal explorations may have predated the development of terrestrial plants.[5]"
http://www.bionity.com/en/encyclopedia/Timeli...
From your reference:
"363 Ma By the start of the Carboniferous period, the Earth begins to be recognisable. Insects roamed the land and would soon take to the skies; sharks predated the oceans,[8] and vegetation covered the land, with seed-bearing plants and forests soon to flourish.

Four-limbed tetrapods gradually gain adaptions which will help them occupy a terrestrial life-habit."

Dummy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#99224 Oct 4, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Moses was born 1400 BC and he left Egypt around that time around the age of 80 yr old and he left egypt to the promise land and later wrote the first 5 books of the bible. Now 1400 BC plus 2012 equals3412 yrs stop twist the facts as a rattle snake!!!LOL
Moses probably never existed. There was never an Exodus from Egypt of a million+ Hebrews. Joshua never conquered all those cities. The
Pentateuch was probably written around the time of the exile in Babylon and by at least 3 different authors.

These things are all accepted by biblical scholars.

The hypothesis that Moses never existed is brought about by the KNOWN fact that the Exodus never happened and the KNOWN fact that Joshua never conquered the cities that the Bible states he did. Add to these facts the KNOWN fact that a world-wide flood never happened and that the Tower of Babel story is falsified by the fact that humans were already populating the WHOLE world by the suggested time from the Bible.

We also KNOW for a fact now that the world is WAY more than 6,000 years old...this has been proven over and over again by multiple methodology's. And, of course, Adam and Eve are known to be myth

I suggest to you that the founding books of the Christian religion have now been falsified

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 20 min Eagle 12 - 80,059
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Eagle 12 - 32,587
News Intelligent design (Jul '15) Sat Dogen 571
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Sat ChromiuMan 222,780
What's your religion? Fri Zog Has-fallen 4
Life started in Tennessee proof. Sep 15 Science4life 1
Science News (Sep '13) Sep 8 Ricky F 4,001
More from around the web