It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
97,141 - 97,160 of 134,250 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is not global flood, bottlenecks, and creation sequence. It's what the data shows, and that they do see and understand. You don't.
They don't see and understand what you say they should necessarily see because the Bible is true. If they are competent, they should see what you say they should see. But they don't, so they aren't. These are the logical consequences of your words. We realize you're not used to thinking about such things, but you should.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Always consider the context.
Such as with the definition of parsimony. Liar.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth doesn't collapse to destruction in an earthquake. It just changes shape. The context of the verse addresses the permanence of the earth.
Yes, just like the Twin Towers didn't collapse, they just changed shape.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth doesn't collapse to destruction in an earthquake. It just changes shape. The context of the verse addresses the permanence of the earth.
When soil liquefies during an earthquake, does the land above it collapse?

When a sinkhole occurs, does the land collapse?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And you are looking for a bottleneck of 2 individuals at 4500.
I'm sorry, you lose again. But as a consolation prize you get our home edition of the 'Topix Game'. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
No, I have 8 at 4500 (Genesis 8:15,16).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have 8 at 4500 (Genesis 8:15,16).
Funny that there is genetic evidence for a human bottleneck for the Toba Catastrophe (1,000 to 10,000 breeding pairs, 69,000 -77,000 years ago), but they somehow overlooked a MUCH MORE DEVASTATING collapse of humanity a mere 4,500 years ago!

Toba: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe...

Incidently, Noah and wife didn't have children post-flood, so the effective genetic bottleneck was only THREE breeding pairs of humans.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So a ring species is a kind till it gets to a species it cannot breed with, correct?
So, here is the problem:
A can breed with B, C and sometimes D, but not E or F
B can breed with with C, D, and E but not F.
C can breed with D, E and not F.
D can breed with E, but not F
E can breed with F but not A
How many Kinds are represented here?
Which combinations are kinds and not kinds?
They all belong to one kind.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
False. We do not have water covering the largest mountains on earth currently and we don't have underground reserves of water enough to raise sea levels hardly at all. We have no magical drain down through which water can pass to another dimension or whatnot.
You apparently missed the article relating that there's an "Arctic Ocean" worth of water contained in the rock down below.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of a kind is classic. Expect this to stick with you.
I certainly hope so.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of year to repopulate the world, to relearn the Egyptian language (which they continued to use throughout thousands of years), and to relearn pyramid building and to pick up where their predecessors left off.....
That is a laugh.
Are you sure about that global flood?
Now that you've done the heavy lifting, all you need to do is provide the data and run the numbers.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently missed the article relating that there's an "Arctic Ocean" worth of water contained in the rock down below.
That only means that for a long time water has been part of the lithological cycle. Or the cycle of rock being formed at divergence zones and being consumed at mes, I mean Subduction Zones.

There is a very reasonable way to get the water in the cycle using Uniformitarianism, there is no mechanism to get the water down there with Catastrophorism.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you looking for?
A population expansion bottleneck.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was not about being tagged a child molester.... it involved being locked up for said offense.
I am really not sure of your reading comprehension skills.
The lock-up issue is what makes it not analogous to the Bible reliability scenario.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's problem is that?. You are just being dishonest and trying to hide from the fact that you have not been able to defend ANYTHING you have claimed.
Do you think childish games like this ENHANCES your credibility?
----------
You sure you understood my post?
Apparently better than you.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A population expansion bottleneck.
You'll never find one because there is no such thing. Of course, if you tell us what you think it is, perhaps we can identify the correct term for you.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How much water is that, exactly?

I guess it's OK to show us the math in cubic cubits and convert to homers and ephahs at the end. I'm sure you won't cut any corners because data is very important.

If you have any trouble, don't look to us for help. Ask the Holy Spirit.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Qufu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

forreal, where is there a city built on seven hills except Rome?

Level 5

Qufu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

forreal wrote:
"The anti-christ according to the book of daniel does not marry or is in anyway a lover of women!"

The anti-Christ is mentioned in the Old Testament?
That's a new one on me, I didn't even know Christ was mentioned in the Old Testament!

Please give us a reference by chapter and verse.

Level 5

Qufu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
"You and I both know he can't disprove the Exodus, or the Tower of Babel, or the resurrection of Jesus."

So we all have to believe everything we canít disprove?
My, thatís a tall order!

Sun Myung Moon says that God appointed him as Lord of the Second Advent, King of the United States, and Emperor of the Universe.

Disprove that.

According to a self-proclaimed prophet, we were all going to get killed on December 18, 1996. When the date passed without incident, this self-proclaimed prophet said that we all got killed, but we got reincarnated as holograms.

Disprove that.

According to the Black Muslims, the White race was created by a mad scientist named Yakub, who lived on an island off the coast of Africa. His intent was to persecute Godís chosen people.

Disprove that.

According to the Mormons, God lives on a planet called Kolob with a harem of thousands of wives. We are all reincarnations of people who lived on Kolob.

Disprove that.

According to the Scientologists, there was an interplanetary emperor, name Xenu, whose domain was becoming overpopulated. He tricked thousands of his citizens into submitting to a vacinnation which put them to sleep, had them brought to Earth, lined them around craters of volcanoes, and killed with hydrogen bombs dropped into the volcanoes. While their souls were floating away, he had their souls captured and brainwashed with the religious and political doctrines which we hear today. We are all reincarnations of citizens in Xenuís empire.

Disprove that.

According to the Aetherians, there is an interplanetary parliament of Cosmic Masters which holds regular meetings on Venus. Jesus was a reincarnation of the Cosmic Master from Venus. What we thought was the Star of Bethlehem was really a Venusian spacecraft hovering overhead. In more recent times, the Cosmic Master from Mars rescued us while driving an invisible, radar-proof, two-mile-long spacecraft. We were about to have our ocean basin drained by a group of beings from the other end of the galaxy.

Disprove that.

Either believe all these silly stories, disprove all these silly stories, or explain why we have to believe in the Exodus, the Tower of Babel, and the resurrection of Jesus.

Level 5

Qufu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

MikeF wrote:
ďíPart of a kindí! Too funny!Ē

KAB wrote:
ďIt's only funny to those who are ignorant regarding the definition.Ē

WHAT definition?
Iíve read everything Duane Gish wrote on the subject, and he never gives a clear definition.
The only definition I can think of is that any common household word is a kind.
If I recall correctly, Gish regards beetles, spiders, and earthworms as kinds, despite the fact that those terms cover oodlums of species.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••