It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#99090 Oct 3, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And the geologists who somehow don't see the global flood in the evidence, and the geneticists who don't see the universal genetic bottleneck 4500 years ago, and the paleontologists who don't see the creation sequence from Genesis in the fossil record...but you see all of those things, because you know how to properly read and interpret scientific research and the evidence it presents. I stand by what I said. You just don't like the way the truth makes you look. Rather than lie about it, stop being such an arrogant bastard.
The issue is not global flood, bottlenecks, and creation sequence. It's what the data shows, and that they do see and understand. You don't.

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

Matthews, NC

#99091 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
You probably recall that other research actually calculated a bottleneck in the Middle East (was characterized as "leaving" Africa).
at ~50 ka, and another bottleneck @~20 ka (Bearing strait)
KAB wrote:
The European and Asian bottlenecks would then be "expansion" bottlenecks as the population spread.
If the European and Asian populations were descendants of Noah - what happened to the original (ancient) bottleneck genetic signature that should have been found in these populations? Please provided data with your answer.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99092 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It was around thousands of years ago.

The pyramids were, but the "pyramidiots" (As Zahi Hawass calls you guys) were not. Pyramidiotism is a new age Christian fantasy.
KAB

United States

#99093 Oct 3, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
Fig. 3 depicts 7 cores from three major deserts in China and 6 diagrammatic representations of wet/dry periods based in part on aeolian and lacustrine sediments from 6 other deserts in China. The combined data, representing ~100 researchers, shows that there was no "common wet period" throughout the entire holocene. This would mean there was no global flood.
http://igg.cas.cn/xwzx/yjcg/201003/W020100310...
No global flood data
No global flood
You apparently will never learn that "no wet period" on these time scales with their associated tens-to-hundreds of years resolutions does not preclude the possibility of there having been a flood (during the dry spell).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99094 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you insist we have no evidence for a global flood, although we have no precedent for what such evidence would be.

Being disingenuous? Or just a dodge.

We know what flood sediment looks like and we completely lack any such evidence from the time period in question.

We know that civilizations were thriving at that time.

We know there are not 2 individual bottlenecks for any of the species we have examined.

I CAN go on. Do you really need me to? I think not. While you will certainly continue to argue this ridiculous notion, you have not one scrap of evidence that an unbiased examiner would not laugh at.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99095 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Who of the 8 survivors would record that history?

Gilligan.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99096 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You questioned how things got back to normal in a year.

You suggested repopulating the world in "hundreds of years". That would be back to normal and the Egyptians could resume their pyramid building.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99097 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is not global flood, bottlenecks, and creation sequence. It's what the data shows, and that they do see and understand. You don't.

And the data in fact shows [envelope please].... It shows that there is not one scrap of evidence of a global flood, that most species have no record of bottlenecks during that period, that NO species has a bottleneck of anything close to 2 individuals AND that the creation sequence is wrong.

You Lose Again. And in grand style.

Don't forget you DO get our home edition...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99098 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently will never learn that "no wet period" on these time scales with their associated tens-to-hundreds of years resolutions does not preclude the possibility of there having been a flood (during the dry spell).

Actually, it DOES preclude a global flood that would have left sedimentary evidence as attested to many times before.

Apparently you will never learn that you are a "drooling idiot" even if you are having a dry spell in the fact department.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#99099 Oct 3, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, land doesn't collapse in earthquakes? Really?
So, land doesn't tremble, sway, or become unstable in earthquakes? Really?
So, land doesn't move unsteadily in earthquakes? Really?
Fascinating. Clearly you must be an expert in earthquakes to think these things don't happen.
The earth doesn't collapse to destruction in an earthquake. It just changes shape. The context of the verse addresses the permanence of the earth.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#99100 Oct 3, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You never said what all the kinds are. You never said what ANY kinds are. Specifics. Tell us what are and are not kinds. List them.
How can you not know if anteaters are a kind if you have a workable definition of "kind?" Either they qualify or they don't. If you don't know, then your definition is useless.
Anteaters are definitely at least part of a kind, or if you prefer, they belong to a kind. You should have paid more attention to the Venn diagram lesson in grade school.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#99101 Oct 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Eschew the obfuscation.
Are you stating that the biblical reference translated as "tottering" was NOT alluding to an earthquake?
Okay, I'll bite. To what WAS it alluding?
Always consider the context. It refers to destruction.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99102 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth doesn't collapse to destruction in an earthquake. It just changes shape. The context of the verse addresses the permanence of the earth.

so god lied again? Even the earth is not permanent. Eventually our sun will expand and it will be vaporized.

Or do you reject ALL of what science says?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99103 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Anteaters are definitely at least part of a kind, or if you prefer, they belong to a kind. You should have paid more attention to the Venn diagram lesson in grade school.

I notice you ignored my ring species post yesterday. I wonder why that is.

You should have paid more attention when your ideas are being refuted so badly that you cannot even respond to them.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#99104 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't see and understand what you say they should necessarily see because the Bible is true. If they are competent, they should see what you say they should see. But they don't, so they aren't. These are the logical consequences of your words. We realize you're not used to thinking about such things, but you should.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99105 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Always consider the context.
Such as with the definition of parsimony. Liar.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99106 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like the Twin Towers didn't collapse, they just changed shape.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#99107 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
When soil liquefies during an earthquake, does the land above it collapse?

When a sinkhole occurs, does the land collapse?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#99108 Oct 3, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And you are looking for a bottleneck of 2 individuals at 4500.
I'm sorry, you lose again. But as a consolation prize you get our home edition of the 'Topix Game'. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
No, I have 8 at 4500 (Genesis 8:15,16).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#99109 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have 8 at 4500 (Genesis 8:15,16).
Funny that there is genetic evidence for a human bottleneck for the Toba Catastrophe (1,000 to 10,000 breeding pairs, 69,000 -77,000 years ago), but they somehow overlooked a MUCH MORE DEVASTATING collapse of humanity a mere 4,500 years ago!

Toba: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe...

Incidently, Noah and wife didn't have children post-flood, so the effective genetic bottleneck was only THREE breeding pairs of humans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min replaytime 133,653
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 5 hr Kong_ 626
How would creationists explain... 7 hr TurkanaBoy 393
Science News (Sep '13) 7 hr positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web