It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 152081 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#99042 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I use it the way it is designed to be used.
Nope.
marksman11 wrote:
It's all obout observation, testing, and replication. That is why your human from non-human evolution terribly fails. It can't pass even one of these.
Nope.

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

United States

#99043 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
You didn't mention that the data doesn't have one-year resolution. Why is that do you suppose?
You didn't mention that the Canadian crater lake doesn't have one year resolution, and yet you use it to support your make-believe flood. Why is that do you suppose?

BTW - the time resolution of a core doesn't make sediment disappear. A core is continuous, reflecting the entire sedimentary record throughout the entire length of a core. Evidence has also been posted which verifies that short term flooding leaves behind indentifiable sedimentary evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...
http://www.whoi.edu/science/GG/coastal/public...
http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/36/5/391.a...
http://www.geochronometria.pl/pdf/geo_37/Geo3...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/97...
http://bulletin.geoscienceworld.org/content/1...
http://www.climategeology.ethz.ch/people/wirt...
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99044 Oct 3, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>

marksman11 wrote:

Why do you have a problem with honesty? Have I not said from the start that my beliefs are faith based? Have you guys not said from the start that your beliefs are based in science? Then by definition, that is two different standards. The problem with you guys is, I'm honest and admit my beliefs are faith based, but you can't be honest enough to admit that yours are also when science can't support what you claim is scientific. You and I both know he can't disprove the Exodus, or the Tower of Babel, or the resurrection of Jesus. Where he looks pitifully weak is when he won't admit the obvious after making a sweeping claim that he can prove all these unprovable claims.
By the way, I love science, it supports me against you guys everytime.

(dogen)
If you understood science you would know that you don't prove a negative which is what you are requesting here.

And you don't love real science. You hate real science. You love pseudoscience. There is a big difference.
Huge and terrible dodge used to avoid addressing a single point.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#99045 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny/doubt that there is scientific evidence that there are animals which came after seed-bearing plants?
What other word games do you like to play? Scrabble, perhaps?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#99046 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Like you always are, you'd be wrong. What I hate the most is that you twist the scientific method to fabricate a myth that you think appears to support your newage beliefs.
Newage? ToE? Darwin? I guess if the newage started more than 150 years ago.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99047 Oct 3, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All of this is untrue. The ToE is THE hallmark scientific theory using the scientific method. It has data which is observable, research that is replicable, it makes predictions which can (and have) been tested, Explains the fact of human evolution,....
You just don't use the real scientific method. You use words and define them in a way of your liking. That is not science, that is just gibberish.
Observe means observe, test means test, and replication means replication. Non-of- which applies to human from non-human evolution, and over 4000 pages to validate that claim.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#99048 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What research posting was that?

Funny dodge, but still a dodge.

Again for your dodging amusement....

Dogen Wrote:
Funny, I would have thought that research showing large populations of several species during the period of the global flood would have snuffed the last life out of that notion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99049 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include the severe bottleneck possibility acknowledgement?

LOL. Nice try.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99050 Oct 3, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
You are starting to sound like one of the recently defrocked Priests! Read their own comments about their 'love' for their victims. It's almost eerie!
Sorry to disappoint your sick fantasies. Maybe you should check your like minded pedophile that was posting in here a couple days ago. That ain't me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99051 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No data has been provided.

The same data you were using and making comments about bottlenecks.

Lets try again.
What is the timestamp on those bottlenecks?

The real issue is not if you will dodge it or not. The real question is HOW you will dodge it. That is what keeps us entertained.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99052 Oct 3, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
Another post (that would be 5 now) without an answer to the qustion:
"Can we be certain that Jesus really existed?"
What are you afraid of?
How many times have you told anyone that no one can be sure if Jesus really existed?
Listen you idiot. What part of there is no such thing as historic certainty can't you understand?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99053 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It experienced a population expansion bottleneck.

Population....expansion......b ottleneck.....

You don't have Oompa Loompas working for you, do you?
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99054 Oct 3, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>

marksman11 wrote:

>I use it the way it is designed to be used.

<mike>
Nope.

marksman11 wrote:

It's all obout observation, testing, and replication. That is why your human from non-human evolution terribly fails. It can't pass even one of these.

<mike>
Nope.
WHy did you reply to this post? Your replies couldn't be any weaker or more pathetic.

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

United States

#99055 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
I use it the way it is designed to be used.
You don't use it - you manipulate it.
marksman11 wrote:
It's all obout observation, testing, and replication.
Just like this data of hominin cranial capacity and body size thru time, which can be repeatedly observed and tested, with the results being replicated.
http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/09/f...
http://darwiniana.org/hominid.htm
marksman11 wrote:
That is why your human from non-human evolution terribly fails. It can't pass even one of these.
Perhaps you should tell this to the members of the Smithsonian Human Origins Program team as they use cutting-edge technology in their scientific investigations.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/research
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#99056 Oct 3, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Newage? ToE? Darwin? I guess if the newage started more than 150 years ago.
It was around thousands of years ago.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99057 Oct 3, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "expansion bottleneck." I can find no such term anywhere. I'm sure you think it means something. Do tell.
I do find "bottleneck expansion." Is this what you actually mean? If so, then you continue to make no sense, but at least you're using a real term.

I assume that is what he meant, if he meant anything at all, which is a stretch.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#99058 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Observe means observe, test means test, and replication means replication. Non-of- which applies to human from non-human evolution, and over 4000 pages to validate that claim.
You've just thrown cosmology under the bus. Well done.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99059 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you're not quoting the record as confirmation of your assertion. Why is that do you suppose?

Because it is common knowledge among people who have taken a few science classes.....?

Yet you did not know it. Why is that do you suppose?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99060 Oct 3, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you who makes assertions without providing data.

You are asking for data that has all been provided to you.

Do you have a purpose to this little dance?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#99061 Oct 3, 2012
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I use it the way it is designed to be used. It's all obout observation, testing, and replication. That is why your human from non-human evolution terribly fails. It can't pass even one of these.

False, as I have provided evidence to the contrary.

Evolution has been directly observed and has much evidence that has been observed.

Evolution has been fully tested including making of predictions which have turned out to be true.

All major evolution research has been replicated.

That is why your scientific method for the insanely stupid terribly fails. It can't pass even one of these.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Aura Mytha 20,212
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 34 min syamsu 209,423
America evolving into lockdown on purpose 2 hr Dogen 68
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr ATHEOI 45,414
New law to further hatred towards police Sat One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sat One way or another 4
News A better theory of intelligent design Fri Chazofsaints 21
More from around the web