It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160320 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#89994 May 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you smoke?
High grade domestic. You?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#89995 May 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Please,don't be stupid...
Lower the bar...

Charles is not stupider than Carpet Whisper. You just can't go below zero in any meaningful measure of intelligence. Chuckles and CW are a zero to zero tie. They are are also the lowest forms of life to call themselves "Christian". What an insult to that term!
KAB

United States

#89996 May 23, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Nothing would have been found on the Atacama lakes shorelines had there been a global flood. This is why finding uncovered paleo-artifacts dated at 4500 (lowstand), 9,000 and 13,000 (highstand) yrs BP marks the sinking of a global flood story.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3077444/ns/techno...
Did you miss these phrases in your cited article,

"ancient campsites unearthed", "The excavations", and "in the oldest layers"?

What does that tell you?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#89997 May 23, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about the Bible you could correct MAAT's rather glaring error near the end of his comment but you can't.
hh the aramaic for strong drink. Nah that's correct.
Holy spirit and holy ghost...don't tell me there is a difference.
Now i have to look back at my own last post, to see if any joke caused confusion.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#89998 May 23, 2012
{...]The hebrew book in any case does not support one iota of the gospel. So why be so selective? Well we are all gone get it in the last day and you are going in the oven.(1 hr ago | post #89947)

ah yup the joke did it.
forreal

Edroy, TX

#89999 May 23, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you smoke?
what Dinosaur egg are you trying to fit in?

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Lansdale, PA

#90000 May 23, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Just look at the earth do you think it just got there by itself? Do you think the earth knew exactly what man would need in the future? Why is it that most of all what the bible says about the earth and mankind is coming to pass according to the bible.Why would the earth have both salt and fresh water do you think the earth is smart? If the earth just knew everything why do we worry about whats going to happen to it?Should the earth worry about us or should we worry about the earth? Wiki wants to put thinks in order as to what came first and how old man is but would that really matter if man seem to says their is no hope you just eat live and die?
You talk as if earth is a sentient being. Earth is just a piece of rock, going round a star called Sun. The elements and compounds found on earth are found elsewhere in the universe too. By some chance, it so happened that the conditions on earth favored the origin and evolution of life.

The prophecies in the Bible - they are food for the gullible. How difficult is it to write a story so that it looks like a fulfillment of an earlier prophecy? Do you have an example?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#90001 May 23, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. How does that egg look on your face? You could be the subject of the next Alanis Morissette song ... if she were looking to end her career on a low note, a very low note.
Alanis Morrisette,one of my favourite rock song writer.I presume she is also your favourite...
You can say any thing you like.But fighting a war with the almighty is an impossible one.Grave,ofcourse...
KAB

United States

#90002 May 23, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
6.8 billion humans - all of which have the potential for choking and apnea - say otherwise.
<quoted text>
If I get in a defective car and make it safely to my destination, is the car not defective anymore?
Of the 6.8 billion humans, what would those who don't suffer choking/apnea have to do to realize their potential?

Level 2

Location hidden

#90003 May 23, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you resort to threats. How what a 'wonderful' Christian you are turning out to be. Jesus must be so proud <insert sarcasm here>.
There, now that I have left you detailed instructions on how to read a comment for context, do you finally get it?
No threats!!!
But just to let you know that,no one can defeat God...
Many that did that , are today manures that are adding nutrients to the soil...

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#90004 May 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Alanis Morrisette,one of my favourite rock song writer.I presume she is also your favourite...
You can say any thing you like.But fighting a war with the almighty is an impossible one.Grave,ofcourse...
Such Hubris. I am not fighting God, I am trying to get you to support your own statements. You are the one who thinks he speaks for God. Good luck with that in the hereafter.

Level 2

Location hidden

#90006 May 23, 2012
TedHOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Such Hubris. I am not fighting God, I am trying to get you to support your own statements. You are the one who thinks he speaks for God. Good luck with that in the hereafter.
My statements are centred on the bible,which is the word of God...
KAB

United States

#90007 May 23, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who brought up angiosperms and your statement: "first mentioned doesn't mean first created." The definition of the word "first" was appropriately posted since it contradicted your logic.
Flowering plants were mentioned first in Genesis for a reason. Since yatsa (bring forth) denotes a "continuing" creation, it would logically follow that the remainder of life forms would be created after that which was mentioned "first."
In the fossil record - flowering plants appear AFTER representatives of all the animal phyla.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evol...
In the bible - flowering plants appear first, BEFORE representatives of all the animal phyla.
<quoted text>
Your understanding of obfuscation needs no work at all.
Is there a logician in the forum, preferably one who overall shares the Tangled view of the Bible, but can help him with his application of logic?
KAB

United States

#90008 May 23, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Last I checked, if something exists, it is, in some way, physical. Demonstrate for us a single thing that exists that is not physical in some way. Remember that ideas are brain states, and brain states are physical.
GO.
I have no objection to a definition that everything that exists is physical. I thought you had previously excluded documentation from the physical evidence realm.
KAB

United States

#90009 May 23, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be kidding. You have had this explained to you in explicit and gory detail. You know that. We know that. Pretending otherwise, as you're doing now, is nothing but dishonest. Big surprise, a creationist being dishonest.
Keep in mind that I was responding to Dogen who quite possibly has never provided any data in responses to me. Beyond that, no one has provided any data which withstands scrutiny proving the global flood didn't happen.

Level 2

Since: Jun 08

Webster, NC

#90010 May 23, 2012
KAB wrote:
Then give it a try. Apply scientific scrutiny (I hope that means provide data!) to a specific point, and let's see where it leads.
Been done. Creation sequence contradicted by fossil record. Global flood contradicted by geological/biological evidence. Job cosmology contradicted by modern cosmology.

Why do you want to turn the bible into a science text? Once again - you are letting all those angiosperms block your view of the forest. The bible's purpose (the forest) is to inspire spiritual change in order to benefit humanity. Why are you not satisfied with doing just that?
KAB

United States

#90011 May 23, 2012
tangled bank wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Donnely and Woodruff (2008). They found evidence of 1-2 day hurricane floods over the last 5000 years in the coastal lagoon sediments of Puerto Rico.
http://www.whoi.edu/science/GG/coastal/public...
Why didn't they look for that evidence in the open ocean?

Level 2

Webster, NC

#90012 May 23, 2012
KAB wrote:
Keep in mind that I was responding to Dogen who quite possibly has never provided any data in responses to me. Beyond that, no one has provided any data which withstands scrutiny proving the global flood didn't happen.
Dishonesty doesn't become you. Your global flood sank in the Atacama lake's lowstand shorelines, the cores of the Black Sea, Danube River Delta, Bosten Lake of the Gobi Desert, coastal lagoons of Puerto Rico, and the Volo Bog of Illinois.

Level 2

Webster, NC

#90013 May 23, 2012
KAB wrote:
Is there a logician in the forum, preferably one who overall shares the Tangled view of the Bible, but can help him with his application of logic?
Responding with insult instead of data is evidence of a direct hit.

In the fossil record - flowering plants appear AFTER representatives of all the animal phyla.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evol ...

In the bible - flowering plants appear first, BEFORE representatives of all the animal phyla.

Do you have any data - as opposed to insults - that contradicts/refutes this reality?

Level 2

Webster, NC

#90014 May 23, 2012
KAB wrote:
Why didn't they look for that evidence in the open ocean?
Because flooding occurs in coastal areas. Donnelly and Woodruff further reported that:

"Over the last 5000 yr, no evidence exists for an anomalously large hurricane or tsunami event with a competence for sediment transport greater than historical hurricane events."
http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/36/5/391.a...

They concluded that there were no flooding events more severe than "historical hurricanes" over the last 5000 yrs. This would eliminate a global flood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Subduction Zone 61,410
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Subduction Zone 2,692
Curious dilemma about DNA 1 hr Subduction Zone 4
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 28,322
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 hr Horn Dog 220,673
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Mar 23 Regolith Based Li... 99
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mar 16 Dogen 180,394
More from around the web