It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 3,609)

Showing posts 72,161 - 72,180 of127,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
First a point of interest:
From dictionary.com ,
-ably&#8194;
a suffix combining -able and -ly that forms adverbs corresponding to adjectives ending in -able: commendably; dependably; tolerably .
testable is an adjective. Testably is a legitimately constructed adverb per the above.
Now for the weightier matter.
You perceive correctly. There are things in the Bible which are not testable, at least not presently. So why waste our efforts with such things, such as is overwhelmingly done in this forum all the time. It will prove much more productive to address those things which are testable, things similar to the Quran's instructions for distributing inheritance (Surah 4:12) which quite literally don't add up. Let's seek things in the Bible which are similarly testable and can therefore be resolved based on verifiable physical data. The Birds vs Land Animals creation sequence was a good attempt, but it doesn't survive scrutiny as conclusive. Let's continue the search for a Quran-like slam dunk. As voluminous as the Bible is, similar to the Quran, we should be able to find something, unless it is what it purports to be, God's word.

There are far more slam dunks against the bible than against the Koran. The Koran is much tighter and has fewer contridictions and errors.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is fun to watch dumb people speculating about religion.
Dumb people are even more better and knowledge able than you...
Then who are you??pig tail...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
From dictionary.com ,
-ably&#8194;
a suffix combining -able and -ly that forms adverbs corresponding to adjectives ending in -able: commendably; dependably; tolerably .
testable is an adjective. Testably is a legitimately constructed adverb per the above.
I am familiar with the word but thanks for the research.
KAB wrote:
You perceive correctly. There are things in the Bible which are not testable, at least not presently. So why waste our efforts with such things, such as is overwhelmingly done in this forum all the time. It will prove much more productive to address those things which are testable, things similar to the Quran's instructions for distributing inheritance (Surah 4:12) which quite literally don't add up. Let's seek things in the Bible which are similarly testable and can therefore be resolved based on verifiable physical data. The Birds vs Land Animals creation sequence was a good attempt, but it doesn't survive scrutiny as conclusive. Let's continue the search for a Quran-like slam dunk. As voluminous as the Bible is, similar to the Quran, we should be able to find something, unless it is what it purports to be, God's word.
You're welcome to suggest something but I'm not finished with Genesis 1. Flying critters aside.

Major points by order of appearance:
Earth
Sun & Moon

How do you reconcile this with the scientific evidence of:
Sun
Earth
Moon

What say you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the point at issue here was the attributing of something to me without quoting me to affirm the assertion. Such DATA had NOT been provided. When I see that it is I will acknowledge it.

This makes you a liar. The data supports uniformitarianism throughout the period in question and you have provided no evidence to the contrary.

You are not only a liar but an obvious and unashamed liar.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the point at issue here was the attributing of something to me without quoting me to affirm the assertion. Such DATA had NOT been provided. When I see that it is I will acknowledge it.
It has and you won't.

Bottlenecks, anyone?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb people are even more better and knowledge able than you...
Then who are you??pig tail...
Pig tail? WTF? Another example of Chuckie's mastery of the English language?

Which he doesn't own, by the way.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
From dictionary.com ,
-ably&#8194;

There are hundreds of koran web sites that explain this "apparent discrepancy". Why do you ignore them when there are over 57,000 known errors in the Bible (KJV). Probably a lot more than than in the New World Crappy Pseudo-bible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>prove it is eternal. Just another claim that science can't support.

I would love to see you prove ANYTHING! Vapid as usual.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't erroneous at all, provable by your non-attempt at refuting it.
I am not falsifying human from non-human evolution with that list. I am proving my point that you can't prove human from non-human evolution, which explans why I don't have to falsify it.

Evolution is an accepted fact in science which many have tried but none have successfully challenged.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You science worshippers kill me. That song is so full of fallacies and fabrications. They can't even be honest when singing.

Hey. Who here is worshiping science? Come clean. You CANNOT worship science and have any real knowledge of it. Get off of yourselves!!!

Sickem' markie.
KAB

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You said there would be no evidence of a global cataclysmic flood, AND you said that people weren't finding the evidence because they weren't looking specifically for it. Which is it? You can't have it both ways.
Either the evidence exists and can be found but is simply being missed due to profound incompetence among all geologists around the world, or the evidence doesn't exist despite geologists being able to identify evidence of other floods from other times all over the world.
Pick one. You don't get to have your cake and eat it, too.
You're missing the point, QUOTE ME. When I see that you do, so that my actual position is correctly established, then I'll respond, Mr. Hannity.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is and NO ONE, out of BILLIONS of devout believers and in thousands of years worth of time, has ever come back from the dead and said "you know what, the fundie christians and their literal and inerrant interpretation of the Bible is right".
The ONLY reason you think this is because you WANT to believe it.
Heck,
you lack that understanding to comment about God's existence...
If you are not a christian,good for you.But that would never justify your position about the existence of God...
We have higher plants,lower plants,lower animals and higher animals.In terms of classifications,h umans are seen as the highest of the higher animals,due to their brain.But despite this,they still end up dying(death)...
This will tell us that there a more higher power superceding humans,which is God almighty...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Pig tail? WTF? Another example of Chuckie's mastery of the English language?
Which he doesn't own, by the way.
Huh!!
I think special thanks or kudos should go to England for their education of the language to the world...
KAB

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the meaning:
<quoted text>
I agree with his rock statements. So if he and you think otherwise, you are wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Heck,
you lack that understanding to comment about God's existence...
If you are not a christian,good for you.But that would never justify your position about the existence of God...
We have higher plants,lower plants,lower animals and higher animals.In terms of classifications,h umans are seen as the highest of the higher animals,due to their brain.But despite this,they still end up dying(death)...
This will tell us that there a more higher power superceding humans,which is God almighty...
Typo error:
From the last statement,i mean to say that,despite the fact that humans are the highest of all the higher and intelligent animals,they still end up dying(death)...
So,this will tell every one,that a more higher power than humans exist and that is God almighty...
KAB

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your contention that evidence for your Bible's global flood does not exist, or is it your contention that the evidence for your Bible's global flood DOES exist but geologists are too incompetent to identify it?
I don't think it's incompetence. I think there is a lack of precedent for recognizing evidence of a one year global flood. You know what they say, in this forum at least. All floods are local.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with his rock statements. So if he and you think otherwise, you are wrong.
No data.

“Pay it forward!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

Harrisburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
Meaning the Government cannot sponsor any one religion over another, as to do so would NECESSARILY be an intrusion of other religions not getting the same benefit.
<quoted text>
Bingo. Separation of church and state. Needs to work both ways, or it doesn't work at all.
And let's not forget that "establishment" also applies in the concept of "creating" a religion. A duality cleverly (or unintentionally) conveyed there.
KAB

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. Now you're just trying to obfuscate. You refuse to say why there wouldn't be evidence of this massive flood, and then you say that it's just that geologists weren't looking specifically for such evidence that prevented them from finding it.
When "creation scientists" went looking specifically for such evidence, did they ever find it? They had the tools AND they had the intent to find exactly the kind of evidence your Bible's flood would have left. Did they ever find it? Care to remind us? Maybe give a link to the articles that describe the evidence they found? Thanks in advance.
First you'll have to provide some data establishing that "creation scientists" actualy did go looking for global flood evidence using moderm technology. I don't want to chase a phantom.

“Pay it forward!”

Level 4

Since: Oct 09

Harrisburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

MichiganGEL wrote:
<quoted text>
It was there in spirit if not spelled out, as is evidenced by the way its author, Jefferson, worded the Declaration of Independence:
----------
Thomas Jefferson "took his division of rights into alienable and unalienable from Hutcheson, who made the distinction popular and important",[22] and in the 1776 United States Declaration of Independence, famously condensed this to:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inalienable#Mode...
----------
Without God can there really be "unalienable Rights"??
We have seen how, in atheistic governments, that it is the *state* that "endows" a citizen with his rights (if any).
"There in spirit"??? Really???

With the law, based on these documents, any deity is not part of the interpretation of the validity or application of the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,161 - 72,180 of127,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 14 min MikeF 168,573
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 50 min Dogen 13,491
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr Chimney1 106,039
Kevin Wingate: ID should be included in science... Thu llDayo 5
Science News (Sep '13) Thu Ricky F 2,671
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) Apr 16 MikeF 1,236
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Apr 15 ChristineM 13,936
•••
•••