First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#1 Dec 3, 2013
http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/11...

And the creationists go: ARGH!!!

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2013
Not a fish if it lives on land now is it?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#3 Dec 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Why not?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#4 Dec 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
What is a fish? Tell me how science defines a fish. Then you will have your why not.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#5 Dec 3, 2013
MikeF wrote:
http://www.scienceworldreport. com/articles/11326/20131203/le gless-land-dwelling-fish-uses- camouflage-to-avoid-predators. htm
And the creationists go: ARGH!!!
They look a lot like mudskippers. Like most subjects, the creationists are probably ignorant of the fact that there are a number of fish species that can exist on land.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#6 Dec 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>They look a lot like mudskippers. Like most subjects, the creationists are probably ignorant of the fact that there are a number of fish species that can exist on land.
Hey dipshyt Dan. Tell me how science defines a fish? Then we will determine if they are fish or not.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#7 Dec 3, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What is a fish? Tell me how science defines a fish. Then you will have your why not.
Here's a definition from Wiki: "A fish is any member of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits."

I'll help you with the words you don't understand.

Level 9

#8 Dec 3, 2013
Somebody too stupid to know what a fish is wants my attention. As usual.

Level 9

#9 Dec 3, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a definition from Wiki: "A fish is any member of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits."
You have your work cut out for you. Good luck.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#10 Dec 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Somebody too stupid to know what a fish is wants my attention. As usual.
Let me tell you something dumb fck. You replied to this thread only after I did. So you are wanting my attention as usual.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#11 Dec 3, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a definition of a gilled "fish" that lives on land and not in water.

Level 9

#12 Dec 3, 2013
Somebody really wants my attention. What a dipshit too. Doesn't even know what a fish is. Probably thinks a snakehead is that thing he learned from his dad.

Level 9

#13 Dec 3, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Madrone, you replied to this thread only after I did. Does that mean you want my attention?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#14 Dec 3, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Madrone, you replied to this thread only after I did. Does that mean you want my attention?
Keep showing how much of an idiot you are. Madrone never came on here claiming someone was wanting to get their attention as you did. You came on saying I was trying to get your attention even though I commented before you did, What an idiot!! You are a fcking idiot and not only we all know it you as well know it. Drink up Dannyboy. Did those government cuts affect your disability check and how is that last DUI coming along?
muffy

Macclesfield, UK

#15 Dec 4, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't "aquatic" refer to something that spends most/all its life in water? But this new land-dwelling animal spends most of its life on land, so how does it fit into this definition of a fish?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#16 Dec 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a definition of a gilled "fish" that lives on land and not in water.
Stupid. Reality doesn't care about our arbitrary labels and definitions. Since evolution is constant change the rather obvious consequence of such a process would be creatures such as this that straddle the lines of our definitions. Doesn't stop it from being exactly what evolution predicted organisms like this should exist.

The day fundies stop playing word games to argue against reality will be the day Jesus comes back.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Dec 4, 2013
muffy wrote:
Doesn't "aquatic" refer to something that spends most/all its life in water? But this new land-dwelling animal spends most of its life on land, so how does it fit into this definition of a fish?
Plenty of dictionaries on the Internet.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#18 Dec 4, 2013
replaytime wrote:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...

And you've already been give the definition of "fish".

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19 Dec 4, 2013
muffy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the article would have answered your question.

From the article in MikeF's link:

"This terrestrial fish spends all of its adult life living on the rocks in the splash zone,.... <snip>

<snip>... In order to stay on land they have to stay moist as to breathe through the gills and skin.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#20 Dec 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid. Reality doesn't care about our arbitrary labels and definitions. Since evolution is constant change the rather obvious consequence of such a process would be creatures such as this that straddle the lines of our definitions.
Or more importantly (since it's not the labels that matter), creatures which share characteristics of two other organisms without violating observed nested hierarchies.

Although evolution - correctly - predicts this all the time, so far without fail, the reality of this is lost on creationists despite the fact that their position doesn't come close to having such explanatory power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min John 30,272
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min John 70,303
Do alleged ERVs confirm common descent? 1 hr pshun2404 41
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr Paul Scott 3,808
G-d versus Evolution? 6 hr Subduction Zone 29
Known human ancestors (Nov '16) Fri Paul Scott 49
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Fri ChromiuMan 161,443
More from around the web