Scientists stunned by the public's do...

Scientists stunned by the public's doubt of Darwin

There are 248 comments on the World Magazine story from Apr 22, 2014, titled Scientists stunned by the public's doubt of Darwin. In it, World Magazine reports that:

The scientific establishment recoiled in horror when a recent poll revealed a majority of Americans doubt the truth of Darwin's evolutionary theory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#163 May 5, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> I understand science very well. Defining evolution in terms of adaptability to the environment is circular doublespeak. Furthermore, it's indisputable that Darwin taught that evolution is progressive overall. Evolutionism continues teaching that same error today, although evolutionists try to disguise it.

Like so many other things you don't get it.

You probably don't even understand the restraining order served to you.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#164 May 5, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> How many times must I say that I believe in evolution? I merely teach that progressive evolution is a satanic lie in the category of the first demon's message.

I have mentioned that you are mentally ill. How many times must I say that before you get treatment.

Imagine being able to produce something worthwhile. That is the benefit of medication and therapy.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#165 May 5, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you mean me you have just broken the 9th Commandment since I never said that.
Of course if Jesus' message was true there was no need for the magic. The magic in the Bible seems to be there to keep the simple minded entertained.
You do find the Bible interesting, don't you bohart?
Ha! I knew you'd lie, you most certainly did say it!.....sucking bone a known and confirmed liar

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#166 May 5, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I knew you'd lie, you most certainly did say it!.....sucking bone a known and confirmed liar
Listen, you brain dead moron, I don't have to lie. The truth is on my side.

Let's see a link to the quote, I know you can't find it.

What a total tard.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#167 May 6, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> I understand science very well. Defining evolution in terms of adaptability to the environment is circular doublespeak. Furthermore, it's indisputable that Darwin taught that evolution is progressive overall. Evolutionism continues teaching that same error today, although evolutionists try to disguise it.
Defining mass and force and acceleration using F=MA is circular doublespeak then, so go tell it to Newton. The tautology argument does not wash - "survival of the fittest" was a shorthand phrase, and the underlying claim is that which survives best propagates more, increasing its frequency in the gene pool. That is not a circular claim.

Once again, evolution is "progressive" in that organisms progressively optimise to an environment over time due to a very straightforward process. But they do not do so in a static environment. A changing environment means the optimisation target is always shifting.

In fact, even given a simple model where the iterative option is more complex / less complex, and an equal chance of each being fitter (i.e. no individual tendency to complexity), with a large population, then over time there IS a systemic tendency to an increasing number of increasingly complex options.

Think it through, math boy. Its not spritual, its merely statistics.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#168 May 6, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
I agree that Darwin's spiritualistic thinking is irrelevant to science.
Good, you made it half way.

Now all you have to understand is that Darwin's science is irrelevant to his (alleged) spiritualistic thinking. Or his political views. Or his favourite icecream flavour.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#169 May 6, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , the idiot sucking bone stated that Jesus couldn't have returned from the dead,....however an inanimate bunch of molecules could spring to life.
"Inanimate molecule"? Generally a contradiction in terms, Bozo.

By the way, the theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#170 May 6, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I knew you'd lie, you most certainly did say it!.....sucking bone a known and confirmed liar
Hey Bozo, why are you, a known and confirmed liar accusing others of lying?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#171 May 7, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
Good, you made it half way.
Now all you have to understand is that Darwin's science is irrelevant to his (alleged) spiritualistic thinking. Or his political views. Or his favourite icecream flavour.
Progressive evolution isn't science.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#173 May 7, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> Progressive evolution isn't science.
Keep repeating that to yourself Shoob. I am sure that it will help you fall asleep at night.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#174 May 8, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> Progressive evolution isn't science.
Yawn. Get tired of arguing against your own strawman, much?

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#175 May 8, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> Progressive evolution isn't science.

So something that only exists in your imagination isn't science.

Okay. You sold me.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#176 May 9, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
that which survives best propagates more
That's a mere empty circle that has nothing to do with empirical reality. True science requires investigating solid quantities like Shubert's number, which non-scientists on a religious mission loathe to estimate. http://everythingimportant.org/Buffy

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#177 May 9, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
Once again, evolution is "progressive" in that organisms progressively optimise to an environment over time due to a very straightforward process.
In a world of Darwinian fantasy, yes.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#178 May 9, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> That's a mere empty circle that has nothing to do with empirical reality. True science requires investigating solid quantities like Shubert's number, which non-scientists on a religious mission loathe to estimate. http://everythingimportant.org/Buffy
Estimate of Shubert's number: 0

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#179 May 9, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> That's a mere empty circle that has nothing to do with empirical reality. True science requires investigating solid quantities like Shubert's number, which non-scientists on a religious mission loathe to estimate. http://everythingimportant.org/Buffy

Anyone here paying attention to the mentally ill person?

Me neither.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#181 May 9, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone here paying attention to the mentally ill person?
Me neither.
He got thoroughly slayed by a vampire slayer. Anyone who thrashes him upsets him enough to get their own page in his website. When do we get ours?

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#182 May 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He got thoroughly slayed by a vampire slayer. Anyone who thrashes him upsets him enough to get their own page in his website. When do we get ours?

There is no greater testament to ones rationality than a lunatic ranting about how crazy WE are.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#183 May 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
Estimate of Shubert's number: 0
I accept your vote for a maximally magical DNA molecule.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#184 May 10, 2014
Zog Has-fallen wrote:
<quoted text> I accept your vote for a maximally magical DNA molecule.
Not a vote. Your personal value.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 min Science 164,679
Bible 'Science' Verses opposing the Evolution R... 17 min Science 120
Post your Bible Science Verses that show Evolut... 22 min Al Caplan 71
Evolution is boring as Hell 29 min Science 4
The worst enemies of Creationism are "religioni... 33 min Science 22
Golden Section in our DNA again proves DESIGN 34 min Science 21
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 42 min Al Caplan 2,561
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 83,072
More from around the web