Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 178597 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#177160 Aug 25, 2014
One way or another wrote:
By the way, it seems pretty cool that what I have to say has been put on the net.
Interesting.
>YOU< do that everytime you push that little "post reply" rectangle thingy.
Another very interesting thing to ponder is to ask the question 'why?' someone else (supposedly) pasted your offerings on another site on the net.
Some things are funny perhaps.

Level 1

Location hidden

#177161 Aug 25, 2014
I would also have to point out that the detractors in what I had to say were also put on the net.
I guess my last question I suggested to ponder has been answered then.
<smile>

Funny thing tho. When clicking on your link to that miracle of miracles, the screen says that the information can not be found.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#177162 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
First tall, the leaderburg experiment was not what I was talking about. Second off, leaderburg could never prove that those bacteria had never been exposed to antibiotics.
Yes he could.
Next time, READ.
Even their names you got wrong: it is Lederberg and not leaderburg.
That demonstrates HOW BAD you read.
Or: NOT read.
Evens names you cannot represent correctly.
<quoted text>
Bacteria are so well adapted that they will survive long into the future after we are gone and the reason is, that bacteria share their knowledge with each other and they share all of their knowledge with each other.
Ah, ever heard bacteria talking to each other?

Now reality: bacteria adapt to the ever changing environmental conditions, that's their secret of endurance. That process is called genetic mutations acted upon by natural selection.
AKA "evolution".

Level 1

Location hidden

#177163 Aug 25, 2014
So which of you children's arguments, have been put on the net?
Mine.
All of them.
They are all still there too.
<smile>
Hell, there's even some in some of them there little book thingies too.
Has anyone explained what books are to you yet?
What else ya wanna know today?
You seem to have a genuine thirst for knowledge this AM.

Level 1

Location hidden

#177164 Aug 25, 2014
www.topix.com/forum/news/.../p 3466?...
The above was on the front page on Google for this subject.
Been there.
Done that.
It ain't there.

I am wondering where I get my teeshirt tho.
Do you have any pertinent information on that?

Level 1

Location hidden

#177165 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Keep crying little girl, even your cat hates you, by what you discussed on here, when your cat shit on your rug right where you walk.
Awesome rebuttal sir.
May I use it for the front page on my website?
I will title it;
Little known facts, one way or another.
mariah carey

London, UK

#177166 Aug 25, 2014
No it shouldn't be taught. Keep 'em stupid and then you can manipulate them but saying "God wants you to vote Republican", "God wants...." The population will stay as blind followers just like in the middle east and do whatever they are told without ever thinking.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177167 Aug 25, 2014
Science and the copy and paste children here, claim natural selection. They don't even have a clue. There is no such thing as natural selection other than some made up BS

Ask the children to give you an example of natural selection.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177168 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome rebuttal sir.
I will title it;
No, never use anything of mine. I don't like morons using something that I have given.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177169 Aug 25, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he could.
Next time, READ.
<quoted text>
Now reality: bacteria adapt to the ever changing environmental conditions, that's their secret of endurance. That process is called genetic mutations acted upon by natural selection.
AKA "evolution".
Bacteria do communicate moron, look it up.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#177170 Aug 25, 2014
Science and the copy and paste children here, claim natural selection. They don't even have a clue. There is no such thing as natural selection other than some made up BS
One MORE thing for you not to read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selectio...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#177171 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
No, never use anything of mine. I don't like morons using something that I have given.
Trust me, no one is going to use anything of yours.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177172 Aug 25, 2014
The evolutionist children on here will not explain anything about natural selection, because they're too stupid to defend it.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177173 Aug 25, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he could.
Next time, READ.
<quoted text>
AKA "evolution".
What's the matter stupid, you didn't know that bacteria can communicate, you moron.
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177174 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome rebuttal sir.
I will title it;
Gosh, it's too bad you don't have a brain. If you did, you might be able to give rebuttal to the things that I have written. However your words carry no weight, because you offer no rebuttal whatsoever to what I write. By your words, you're an idiot. Go find someone else to bother little boy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#177175 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Well then, I will simply use it as I see fit since you are incapable of stopping me and you posted it on a public forum.
I just thought I would be nice and ask first ... even tho I do not have to.
I appreciate your useless denial however.
<smile>
One way or another

Madison, TN

#177176 Aug 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, I will simply use it as I see fit since you are incapable of stopping me and you posted it on a public forum.
I just thought I would be nice and ask first ... even tho I do not have to.
I appreciate your useless denial however.
<smile>
And I appreciate your inability to offer rebuttal to the things that I write, in front of everyone.

Level 1

Location hidden

#177177 Aug 25, 2014
Let's assume that Mother Nature is actually nature itself. K? K.

A herd of deer headed to their traditional winter feed grounds. The winter is especially harsh that year and half of the herd dies during the winter.
Some died from starvation. Some died from exposure, some died from old age. And, some died from a combination of those things.
The deer which survived that harsh winter are the ones which were "naturally selected" by Mother Nature herself.
Those deer had ample enough fat stores in their bodies, had adequate shelter to wait out the cold and the storms, and were young enough to endure hardship long enough to make to the new grass shoots of spring.

What else you wish explained to you?

Level 1

Location hidden

#177178 Aug 25, 2014
The evolutionist children on here will not explain anything about natural selection, because they're too stupid to defend it.
BTW Einstein, I am no evolutionist. I do however see that evolution has a place in this world as a simple selective breeding program on any farm in the world is a simple demonstration of evolution by human manipulation.
Mother Nature is likewise such a selective breeding manipulator.

Level 1

Location hidden

#177179 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
That's funny. Just earlier today you were in fact bragging that some moron had posted your stuff on the internet.
Not sure who is posting your stuff here on this site on the net, but it is here none-the-less, and some moron (according to you) posted it somewhere else on the net.

Are some morons smarter than other morons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 55 min Dogen 141,330
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr NoahLovesU 163,772
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 12 hr Chimney1 1,871
How can we prove God exists, or does not? Sat Kong_ 80
News British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... (Jul '14) Sat Swedenforever 159
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) May 19 Kathleen 19,031
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) May 15 emrenil 1,243
More from around the web