Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180300 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

TurkanaBoy

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#175456 Jun 16, 2014
One way or another wrote:
By what is been said by the children Kong and polymath, they are claiming that it is always individual photons that come to our eyes that collects in our brains to form a picture, by their own words. Both of them left out the fact that there are light waves.
By their words they are claiming that only individual photons can collect and create pictures within the brain.
Children are so funny.
Watch for their next installment of lies, trying to cover their ignorance.
Rattle, blab, babble, jabber, twaddle, prattle, tattle, taddle, waffle.....

And NOW your explanation in great detail of how we "look out" to things, shall we?
And, as promised, your rebuttal of the science of optics too.

FIFTY EIGHTH reminder.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175457 Jun 16, 2014
You can bet they will have no science behind them, to prove their lies.
Rattle, blab, babble, jabber, twaddle, prattle, tattle, taddle, waffle.....

And NOW your explanation in great detail of how we "look out" to things, shall we?
And, as promised, your rebuttal of the science of optics too.

FIFTY NINTH reminder.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175458 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
To help your eyes to focus, so that you can see better. Do you have a point?
Go and look for mental help, you have issues upstairs.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175459 Jun 16, 2014
I find it interesting how the evolutionist children work. Polymath on one hand claims that light carries pictures to our eyes, while Kong claims that one photon at a time comes to our eyes and gathers in our brains and creates the picture. I have asked the evolutionist children to tell us which one of them was correct, but all of them seem oblivious to the question and this is how they do things time and time again and none of them correct each other. That is how a group of self-centered egomaniacs work.
Neither one of them has any proof from science in this matter.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175460 Jun 16, 2014
You're a liar poly. You spoke of a light behind an object and how it would show it's reflection upon the wall as well as the projector. You spoke nothing of individual photons, but to cover another moron called Kong who made up a bunch of lies, you now change your story.
By the way pretending to be an idiot is just what you people do, light not only comes in photons, but it comes in waves.
It's still stands, that neither you nor Kong have any science to back up your lies. Run along little boy run along.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175461 Jun 16, 2014
It's fascinating how the minds of children work, they tell lie after lie and believe it. They have no proof and they care nothing for the truth. They must hate science.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175462 Jun 16, 2014
You can bet they will have no science behind them, to prove their lies.
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175463 Jun 16, 2014
By what is been said by the children Kong and polymath, they are claiming that it is always individual photons that come to our eyes that collects in our brains to form a picture, by their own words. Both of them left out the fact that there are light waves.
By their words they are claiming that only individual photons can collect and create pictures within the brain.
Children are so funny.
Watch for their next installment of lies, trying to cover their ignorance.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#175464 Jun 16, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try it.
It has been done I think a hundred times before by dozens of people.
I am NOT exaggerating this.
He is a troubled mind with severe issues.
I don't use this argument in an expletive way, I just say it as I assess it: he is nuts.
He needs help.
I find it very amusing for someone that tells others not to waste time with oneway, you are very same person that responds to him the most. You are the one feeding the bear so to speak.
One way or another

United States

#175465 Jun 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Global warming is the collective effect of green house gasses and debris in the atmosphere causing a rise in the mean average over a period of time, while climate change is a more comprehensive look at the rise and fall of temperature over large timescales.
Indeed climate change may include several periods of global warming and phases of cooling over an extended look at the Earth. You should be able to figure out the two are not exactly the same thing.
Climate change can also be in one portion of the globe and not other portions.

What is upon us now is global climate change, not global warming. Greenhouse gases have Shirley risen, but none of you have pointed out certain aspects of that rise, which l leaves the story by science, story a bit shy.

It is not due to greenhouse gases, but by the time science discovers what it is, it very well could be too late.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#175466 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
What is upon us now is global climate change, not global warming. Greenhouse gases have Shirley risen, but none of you have pointed out certain aspects of that rise, which l leaves the story by science, story a bit shy.
It is not due to greenhouse gases, but by the time science discovers what it is, it very well could be too late.
Well. then, it stands to reason that...

You should start paying attention to it then... aye swabbie?
TurkanaBoy

the Earth Clod

#175467 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
And i am not the only one here saying this.
One way or another

United States

#175468 Jun 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Well. then, it stands to reason that...
You should start paying attention to it then... aye swabbie?
I'm not a Swabby, I was a licensed hundred ton captain for 10 years. I ran tugs and fishing vessels, part time.
One way or another

United States

#175469 Jun 16, 2014
By the way little one they don't allow licensed hundred ton captains to have mental issues, but keep trying, your ignorance looks good on you.
One way or another

United States

#175470 Jun 16, 2014
A little more information. The earth will not survive the global killer that is upon us. The earth will die. It could be in 50 years or 250 years, if science does not recognize what's happening and fix it.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#175471 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I'm not a Swabby, I was a licensed hundred ton captain for 10 years. I ran tugs and fishing vessels, part time.
I was pretty sure you were really good a tug jobs.
One way or another

United States

#175472 Jun 16, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty sure you were really good a tug jobs.
I cannot expect anything else. Many scientists say it is greenhouse gases, while others contradict them.

If you cannot see the entire puzzle or at least most of it, you will never have a chance of understanding it.

Much of science is engaged in fairytales, while many disciplines in science contradict each other. These things are right out in the open for all to see.

But I will tell you what will happen. Neither side will be able to prove what they claim, so greenhouse gases will win the day, for the sake of more taxes and the stock market, that will simply control and take as much as it chooses.

I have one idea left and that is, it's possible you will see it in the movies. However, it's not likely, but there is a chance. It would make one hell of a movie.
One way or another

Sarasota, FL

#175473 Jun 16, 2014
As each year progresses, the weather will get worse.
One way or another

Sarasota, FL

#175474 Jun 16, 2014
It is possible that there will be lulls in the weather at certain times, but the progression must get worse.
One way or another

United States

#175475 Jun 16, 2014
Most of what is taught today is based on the so-called giants of yesteryear, but they are not here. They were not privy to all that can Be seen today. Therefore, sciences copy and paste of yesteryear is what dooms tomorrow, because they will focus on what they know, and that is all they know.

No class in any countries schools teach how to think for oneself. It teaches how to copy and paste, what ever the each government chooses. Each government is self-serving and they control the schools and what is taught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 min marksman11 167,937
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min replaytime 93,390
Life started in an Alabama creek 6 hr Alabama science 1
The Design of Time is Prophecy and is absolute ... 11 hr Rose_NoHo 25
List what Evolution Discoveries have helped SCI... 12 hr Davidjayjordan 12
News Kenneth Miller finds good news in evolution 12 hr Davidjayjordan 1
Illuminati Elite never studied 'evolutionary LU... 12 hr Davidjayjordan 2