Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 175,466

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand." Full Story

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#156538 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta go out, but I will be back.
What happened Dannyboy. Did you run out of cheap vodka and have to make a quick trip to brown derby to get more? At least you made it back safe since you are back on here making a fool of yourself again. LOL

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#156539 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read the text contents. As I said "Mans Gods and beliefs 15,000 years ago may not....." MAY NOT being the key words there which is the same as I am not sure, I don't know,,,, get it yet dipshyt.
I'm sorry, but you upset so easily. You should learn to thicken your skin.

You have no idea what religious beliefs man had 15,000 years ago. You are just talking out your ass.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156540 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read the text contents. As I said "Mans Gods and beliefs 15,000 years ago may not....." MAY NOT being the key words there which is the same as I am not sure, I don't know,,,, get it yet dipshyt.
You state that man's religious beliefs of 15,000 years ago "fell along the same lines" as Christianity. That is not a speculative statement. I point that out since you don't seem to have the ability to even understand what you post.

Again, where is your data backing this up. You being such a smart little boy, I know you have supporting data.

Come on DUMMY, give it up.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156541 Oct 12, 2013
Apparently Christ was alive 15,000 years ago and going by a different name.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156542 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but you upset so easily. You should learn to thicken your skin.
You have no idea what religious beliefs man had 15,000 years ago. You are just talking out your ass.
Have another drink Dan. "May not" means don't know. When you sober up you will figure it our but then again you MAY NOT. LMAO

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156543 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Have another drink Dan. "May not" means don't know. When you sober up you will figure it our but then again you MAY NOT. LMAO
So you can't address actual discussion and criticism of your declaration. I take that to mean you agree that you were talking out your ass.

Thank you.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156544 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware you don't know. That is my point.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156545 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Apparently Christ was alive 15,000 years ago and going by a different name.
Again you need to learn to read. I will say it again as I have said it more than once in my prior comments.

"They may have not called it Christianity but in was along the same lines and many of it was before Jesus was even a thought."

Key words there "before Jesus was even a thought"

You just keep looking more of a fool Dannyboy. LMAO

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156546 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you need to learn to read. I will say it again as I have said it more than once in my prior comments.
"They may have not called it Christianity but in was along the same lines and many of it was before Jesus was even a thought."
Key words there "before Jesus was even a thought"
You just keep looking more of a fool Dannyboy. LMAO
If you are making a claim that religion was along the same lines 15,000 years ago as it has been over the last 2,000 years then you need to support that with evidence. Come on Dummy, you have followed to this thread long enough ago, to know how it works.

Your petty, childish name calling and lies aren't going to cut it.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156547 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware you don't know. That is my point.
No you asked me to tell you what their thoughts were 15,000 years ago when I clearly stated in by comment "may not have been" other wise I already said I did not know.

Nice try to cover up your ignorant mistake of lack of reading or understanding.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156548 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you are making a claim that religion was along the same lines 15,000 years ago as it has been over the last 2,000 years then you need to support that with evidence. Come on Dummy, you have followed to this thread long enough ago, to know how it works.
Dan was a dog a dog 15,000 years ago or when ever it became a dog. That would be a yes. It may have changed a little but it still a dog. Do you get it yet. beliefs may have changed over the past 15,000 years but it is still along the same lines of what people believe and have faith in and in what God the follow.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156549 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. I called you dipshyt "once". It was not a name to call you but more of how you are acting. You looking for more attention and pity again trying to act like you are being attacked. LMFAO

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156550 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. I called you dipshyt "once". It was not a name to call you but more of how you are acting. You looking for more attention and pity again trying to act like you are being attacked. LMFAO
Knowing you as well as I do, I didn't expect you to provide any support for your claims, but I thought I ought to at least give you the opportunity.

I can see that all I am going to get from you is this tactic you use to avoid an honest answer.

Well then, I guess we can ignore you drivel on religion as nonsense and move on.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#156551 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm no. I was saying you got nothing. Christianity is just a name labeled on peoples actions and beliefs. Before the word Christianity one can safely bet there was another word for it.
Like Hinduism or Zeusism??

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156552 Oct 12, 2013
You claimed "Your petty, childish name calling and lies aren't going to cut it."

I responded with "LMAO. I called you dipshyt "once". It was not a name to call you but more of how you are acting. You looking for more attention and pity again trying to act like you are being attacked."

Now you again try to change the subject. Step up little man and back what you claim and accuse me of.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156553 Oct 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Hinduism or Zeusism??
I don't know Ooogah. But they certainly had some name for it.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#156554 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
You claimed "Your petty, childish name calling and lies aren't going to cut it."
I responded with "LMAO. I called you dipshyt "once". It was not a name to call you but more of how you are acting. You looking for more attention and pity again trying to act like you are being attacked."
Now you again try to change the subject. Step up little man and back what you claim and accuse me of.
You clearly are not going to offer any substantive evidence of the religions of 15,000 years ago are you. You aren't even going to try.

I am not doing anything but asking for your evidence. You have done everything to avoid providing it.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#156555 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Ooogah. But they certainly had some name for it.
An over active imagination perhaps?
Believer

Manchester, TN

#156556 Oct 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I gladly respond to honest questions with honest answers.
Work out the thinly veiled hostility with yourself and get back to me.
I think you would have to agree that the majority of people who consider themselves "Christians" (followers of Christ) believe that He was the person the New Testament writers believed Him to be.
You have said on this forum that you consider yourself a Christian. You have also said that you do not believe Jesus was the Christ/the prophesied Messiah of the Old Testament/and not one of the three individual "persons" of the Trinity.(Maybe not in so many words, so if I have misunderstood, please tell me.)

You have either missed my question or chosen not to answer why you feel comfortable calling yourself a Christian, and who or what you believe God to be, since you say you believe in God.

I hope there is no hostility in my heart toward you personally or anyone else on this forum for that matter. One of the things that keep this forum interesting to someone like me is how you guys can disagree over the same issue over and over, yet continue to try to get your point across to the other side.

The name calling gets a little ugly sometimes, but for the most part I find it funny to hear (what I imagine to be mostly very intelligent, well educated grown men) calling each other names you probably haven't used in speaking directly to anyone since high school ( or maybe drunk, as the case with Chimney last week).

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#156557 Oct 12, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You clearly are not going to offer any substantive evidence of the religions of 15,000 years ago are you. You aren't even going to try.
I am not doing anything but asking for your evidence. You have done everything to avoid providing it.
I have answered this like 3 times now. What part of me saying "I don't know" do you not understand? I am sorry but I can't draw that out in crayon for you on here. You are just going to have to learn to take the context for what it means.

And just a heads up. If you ask me again I will just repost this answer for it is self explanatory to any one that can read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 min KAB 139,589
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Aura Mytha 127,931
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 6 hr Dogen 94
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 10 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,578
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) Wed MikeF 1,902
More Theories to Disprove Creation Wed The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Nov 25 The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE