Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179697 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Level 6

Since: Aug 07

Arlington, VA

#148338 Aug 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
On the internet anyone can claim anything.
I am a hyper-intelligent, pan-dimensional being. You can call me Benji. I am off to my summer home on Magrathea. ta ta!
No Dogshit, you're anIdiot. Just thought somebody should tell you that.
Level 6

Arlington, VA

#148339 Aug 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You've disputed every branch of science. And that is no lie.
Not SCIENCE! Evotardism. Can't you tell the difference?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#148340 Aug 20, 2013
One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
They know that. No one in their right mind could look at the sun or moon and claim the earth is flat. If the earth were flat, it would have to be in the vertical position and everyone would slide off.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hysterical! Thanks Jim!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148341 Aug 20, 2013
Oops, all of science must have missed another conference.
Seeing galaxies right now
Science by Jim Ryan
Ya know how when you look into a telescope, you see everything that the telescope is focused in on, right away, there's no wait at all. However, science claims that it takes billions of light years for the light from those distant galaxies to get here. If the light takes so long to get here, how come when we look into the telescope, we see those galaxies as soon as we look in the eye piece?
Lets just say that science is right about the light, even though science proves that is a lie, by other means.
Even if the light does get here from those galaxies, those galaxies can't send pictures on just light waves.

In what way have I and many others NOT refuted this?
Level 6

Arlington, VA

#148342 Aug 20, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No as explained you bash the fundamentals of biology and physics and chemistry and biology. Tell me one science where you are in agreement with their current conclusions.
Evolution is completely irrelevant to biology. Read a biology textbook. Any biology textbook. The study of the cell is completely unifluenced by evolution. COMPLETELY! I study the cell and it's function. Everything about the cell. When am I ever concerned about evolution? NEVER! And you know this! Stop the LIES!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#148343 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, no errors. It must suck to be on the losing end all the time.
Bad morals were one of the flaws of the Bible I mentioned.

You don't think bad morals are an error.

How about the Noah's Ark Myth?

That was shown to be impossible long before Darwin came along.

How about bad prophesies?

The Tyre Prophesy is one of the more entertaining ones to watch idiots try to defend.

It must really suck to be you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148344 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who erroneously think the Bible writers meant the Earth is flat is the hate-filled bigoted Bible-bashers. There is no truth in the flat earth myth at all; it's just more lies perpetuated by the flesh-eating evotarded voodoo Darwin zombees.

Not true. It was once an issue, though not really a scientific one. The Church was concerned about the masses, many of which believed in a flat earth per the Bible. So it was more of a political or social issue. Certainly, well educated people 500, 1000 or even 2000 years ago knew the earth was round, just as we know that evolution is true today.

This is more of an issue for Biblical literalist's as the Bible uses verbiage suggesting a flat (disk) earth INSTEAD OF using the word for sphere or ball.

So no you have an error in the Bible that should have been caught and corrected, but it never was.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#148345 Aug 20, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Yeah, desperate aren't they? I've seen them try their best to somehow twist the words of the Bible saying the world is flat. If it were known early in the OT that the world was round, then their monkey business would crumble to the ground...because how could those primitive people have known the world is round, unless God inspired their words, right?
So, when the ancient stories used the word for "circle" instead of the word for "ball," and thus stated a flat circular Earth instead of a spherical Earth, and we point that out, that's a sign of OUR desperation? Why do you pretend the Bible says something other than exactly what it says?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#148346 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, everything since and including Newton is "evotardims" according to Urb.

Not only is he a moron. He is a hypocrite since he is using the very technology that he calls evotardism himself.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#148347 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. You define "science" as anything that agrees with your religious preconceived notions. You define "evotardism" as anything that disagrees with your religious preconceived notions.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#148348 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is completely irrelevant to biology. Read a biology textbook. Any biology textbook. The study of the cell is completely unifluenced by evolution. COMPLETELY! I study the cell and it's function. Everything about the cell. When am I ever concerned about evolution? NEVER! And you know this! Stop the LIES!
Moron.

When studying physics you don't need to consider gravity when working on electromagnetism. Does that mean gravity is not part of physics?

Your idiot claims will only be listened to by other retards. Since over NINETYNINE PERCENT of all biologists accept the theory of evolution (for retards that means they believe it) the people who actually understand evolution disagree with you.
Level 6

Arlington, VA

#148349 Aug 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when the ancient stories used the word for "circle" instead of the word for "ball," and thus stated a flat circular Earth instead of a spherical Earth, and we point that out, that's a sign of OUR desperation? Why do you pretend the Bible says something other than exactly what it says?
YOU know and I know this flat-earth myth crap is nothing but a diversion to avoid the fact that your evotarded hallucinagenic, mystical fantasies about molecules to man is unscientific and nothing but failed ideas.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148350 Aug 20, 2013
Lol, scientific conferences and debates? And yet, all of science misses such easy things like the following. They must be morons.
Seeing back in time
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
Science proves that two of the same types of light waves cancel each other out. Any stars light waves, can cancel out any other stars light waves or at the least, divert them to where science claims not to know.
The far away light waves never reach us, which means, we see out to those galaxies.
Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.
Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to those galaxies, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.
That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light, but science proves how much light breaks down in its retro reflector test from the earth to the moon and back. Science itself declares that the further away light gets from its source, the more it breaks down.

Nonsense.

Experiment:
Equipment needed: two flashlights, one dark room.

Set up: Place the flashlights at 90 degree angles.

Methods: Note the intensity of the spots of light on the walls of the otherwise dark room. Then take the flashlights and, while keeping the distance from the walls the same, cross the beams.

If you are correct the room should be pitch black. Or at least there should be a dimming of the total light. Use a photometer if you like.

Go ahead and try crossing them at different angles.

Prediction: no dimming will occur (unless your batteries are dying).

Thus this notion will be falsified.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#148351 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem totally ignorant of creation science. We have massive evidence to support a recent creation and global flood. Perhaps you should look into it sometime. Maybe it's time for me to post my 99 reasons again. Your silly fables of nothing plus nobody for no reason equalling everything in the universe including molecules to man no longer hold up and seem just as silly to us as ours does to you.
And all that evidence is so obvious that the global conspiracy against the Bible, consisting of 99.99% of scientists around the world in every field of scientific study, is able to keep it from the newspapers, news magazines, scientific journals, and all the useful innovations, technologies, and techniques derived from creation science have been kept a secret from the entire world.

What's that medical treatment, technology, or innovation that's come about as a result of creation science research? Other than the ambiguous "everything," that is. Just one. We're all still waiting.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148352 Aug 20, 2013
Notice how the Evo morons don't show proof for their claims. Oh, I guess they all just fergot. Lol

Notice how the Creo moron don't show proof of his claims. Oh, I guess he just fergot.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#148353 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can. Sorry pal, but you HAVE disputed every branch of science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148354 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. I bash evotardism. I love science and you can't change that with your lies.

No, sorry. Your attacks include, as I have demonstrated before, every major and most minor fields of science.

For your notions to be true:
Physics can't be true.
Chemistry can't be true.
Biology can't be true.
Geology can't be true.
Anthropology can't be true.
Paleontology can't be true.
Astronomy can't be true.
Cosmology can't be true.
Astrophysics can't be true.
Genetics can't be true.

..... can't be true.

That is the logical consequence of your beliefs.

Sorry if the creationists told you otherwise, but you need to be responsible to check your facts.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#148355 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU know and I know this flat-earth myth crap is nothing but a diversion to avoid the fact that your evotarded hallucinagenic, mystical fantasies about molecules to man is unscientific and nothing but failed ideas.
No, once again you are wrong tard.

You requested examples of errors in the Bible. It is another one. There are not only the times that it describes the Earth as flat by saying that it is a flat circle. There are also the actions that it describes that could only happen with a flat Earth.

Your Bible is so full of wrong that it is hard to find a page that does not have some sort or another.

Would self contradictions be an error?

Most people would think so.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148356 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, no errors. It must suck to be on the losing end all the time.

Here is small list of Biblical contradictions:

http://wardoons.wordpress.com/debate/

It only has 1,000 of the most common ones.

The last I heard the list was over 80,000, but it gets real confusing because every alternate rendition of a word or phrase gets listed as an error. So one sentence could have a huge number of errors.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#148357 Aug 20, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>

Then why do you keep bringing it up? Just admit it is a Biblical error and we go on.

But you don't want that to happen, now do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 52 min Thinking 45,501
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Igor Trip 209,685
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 20,241
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr Chimney1 152,179
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sun Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
More from around the web