Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 178696 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#142770 Jul 18, 2013
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wanted to point out that Dogen's view isn't a religion. To be a religion you need to relate mankind to the supernatural.
Logic and reason are lost on this guy. He is still trying to figure out if the lithium and the zoloft will make him larger or smaller and which one does what.
Believer

Manchester, TN

#142771 Jul 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! The "Me to know and you to find out" defense. Brilliant.
Exactly!
I know what I know and why. If you don't know what I know, that is not my problem. It is not my responsibility to convince you God exists. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. God has made Himself evident in creation. You just refuse to acknowledge that FACT.

Level 9

#142772 Jul 18, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
HANG ON
then why did you say you had scientific evidence for god ?
Seriously - how do you manage to walk with bullet holes in your feet?
It is probably because his blood carries so much more oxygen than normal due the additional air coming in from all those extra holes in his head.

The damage he does for his cause is more than any evidence we could supply to refute his psychotic notions.
Believer

Manchester, TN

#142773 Jul 18, 2013
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you create it and let's see what happens...
The earth/ turf and all that exists was created by God. God 's turf is where I am living. I thought you would never come here? Are you saying you are willing and capable of understanding the rules we play by here on God's turf?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142774 Jul 18, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Logic and reason are lost on this guy. He is still trying to figure out if the lithium and the zoloft will make him larger or smaller and which one does what.
Lol

Location hidden

#142775 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly!
I know what I know and why. If you don't know what I know, that is not my problem. It is not my responsibility to convince you God exists. That is the work of the Holy Spirit. God has made Himself evident in creation. You just refuse to acknowledge that FACT.
Show me how the goddess is evident in creation.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#142776 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
I know that you don't know what you think you know. And neither does your Big Daddy, Junior or the Holey Spook.

Level 9

#142777 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists want to take on everyone, but the will only play on their own turf.
Everything they think they know about God reminds me of the story of the "king'New Clothes. "
If Darwin were to supernaturally show up with any one of them for a visit, he could have them prancing through the streets in their birthday suits.
Darwin is your god. Enjoy the parade!
You deny it, but the arrogance and ignorance of your position are apparent in every post you make. You are better than anybody that accepts the science. If they accept the science they deny God.

There seems to be a disturbing trend developing with you guys imagining some or all of us without clothing. If there is something you want to share with the group, I would love to read it.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#142778 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly!
You misuse the word "know".

Just because in your heart you know god is real, that doesn't make god real.
The word should be "believe".

You believe what you believe and why.
See, much more gooder ;)
Believer

Manchester, TN

#142779 Jul 18, 2013
Science is in the process of trying to create human life. What would scientists do, if God had not already created everything the scientist will use for his experimentation?
If you had challenged Hod in the Garden of Eden, he would probably have expected you to bring your own dirt.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#142780 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth/ turf and all that exists was created by God. God 's turf is where I am living. I thought you would never come here? Are you saying you are willing and capable of understanding the rules we play by here on God's turf?
Who or what created your God if everything must be created?

And if you say he has always existed, then why couldn't his constituent elements have always existed? After all, he can't exist with out constituent elements. If his constituent elements have always existed, why couldn't they comprise everything in the universe. If they could .... then why did we need a creator again???

Location hidden

#142781 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>The earth/ turf and all that exists was created by God. God 's turf is where I am living. I thought you would never come here? Are you saying you are willing and capable of understanding the rules we play by here on God's turf?
Yes I am. Now for starters perhaps you can shed light on why there is to be new turf. Revelation 21:1.

Level 9

#142782 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some rest, you are starting to sound goofier again.
Believer

Manchester, TN

#142783 Jul 18, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you don't know what you think you know. And neither does your Big Daddy, Junior or the Holey Spook.
Blasphemy! Google it!

Location hidden

#142784 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>The earth/ turf and all that exists was created by God. God 's turf is where I am living. I thought you would never come here? Are you saying you are willing and capable of understanding the rules we play by here on God's turf?
How do you know that god isn't a process?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#142785 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any scientific evidence, please present it.
Your incessant ranting about religion only indicates your lack of scientific integrity. You worship the evo-fairy, pay homage to Charles Darwin, and bow at the feet of intellectual elites. Evolution is your religion..plain and simple.
Despite your constant yammering about it, there is no such thing as a religion of atheism or a religion of evolution. Present the scientific evidence for any and all of the realities that you deny? Do you also want me to present the Library of Congress while I'm at it?
Instead, perhaps you would like to present your scientific evidence for Genesis, the Noahic Flood, the 3 day viability of a human in a the belly of a fish, the scattering of humans across the globe a mere 4,000+ years ago and the creation of all linguistic roots during that same period, the evidence of Exodus and the Red Sea crossing, etc., etc. as you have been entreated to do on numerous occasions. Still waiting.

Level 9

#142786 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
science and religion could be considered similar in many ways.
Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is Faith based on natural evidence and supernatural Truth.
No, you don't consider yourself to occupy a position superior to anyone do you.

Yeah, pretty much all religions say that.

Because I don't understand what your vacuous terms "natural evidence" and "supernatural truth" means that I am damned to Hell and can't understand.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#142787 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>The earth/ turf and all that exists was created by God.
No. States facts not in evidence.
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
God 's turf is where I am living.
Still no facts in evidence.
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would never come here?
It's a mythical place, full of nothingness.
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you are willing and capable of understanding the rules we play by here on God's turf?
There is no "god's turf".

Now, if you care to debate evolution, as the forum was designed for, then let's stay on topic.

Thanks For Playing :)
Mugwump

Leeds, UK

#142788 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close. I can just as easily say that your religion of atheism is wrapped up in fear... fear of accountability for your actions.
STILL on with the 'religion of atheism' synaptic misfire I see , but ignoring posts that question the logic of your argument.

Let me refresh your memory
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
HTS fallacy #1 : god is neither assumed to exist or not to exist - see thesitic evolution

<snipped as not relevant to argument I am making>

#9 : see #1

And on #1 and #9, you still going on with the athesitic BS - but you never explained why theory of gravity is NOT athesitic and ToE is - I know you said its because the theory of gravity doesn't reject god - but ToE does - but as I say that bollox (again, see thesitic evolution)
So want to try again ... Nah of course you don't
So want to try to address this single basic point that opposes your argument or do you want to run away again?

as always, running a book
HTS defends his position rationally : 100 to 1
HTS posts more BS in response to this post : 3:1
HTS ignores this post : evens

Will take wagers in Dollars , sterling at a pinch , no euros

Level 9

#142789 Jul 18, 2013
Believer wrote:
Science is in the process of trying to create human life. What would scientists do, if God had not already created everything the scientist will use for his experimentation?
If you had challenged Hod in the Garden of Eden, he would probably have expected you to bring your own dirt.
I wish I was in the process of trying to create human life right now. Actually, just a few undressed rehearsals would be satisfactory.

You know, every new post you make sort of reveals more about your position and puts the lie to previous statements you have made. For instance, your understanding of science isn't all that good, you do flaunt your perceived superiority and you reject science. All the other whacko stuff was apparent from the get go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 31 min Igor Trip 173,666
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 hr DanFromSmithville 143,921
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) Sun Chilli J 13
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Sun Chimney1 583
News Intelligent design Sun Paul Porter1 22
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? Sun Paul Porter1 56
More from around the web