Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180279 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#142694 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're interested in an actual scientific debate, let me know...
I see that, like the other evo-morons on this forum, you are incapable of presenting scientific evidence for your idiotic religion.
Instead, you choose to insult others whose religion you know nothing about.
What is the relevance of your references to "stone age cretins" in a scientific debate?
Do you think by blasphemous inuendos you are providing scientific evidence for a theory?
You are obviously an ignorant moron who knows nothing about science.

Seriously, huge smile every time.

Isn't it is hard to sell snake oil when everyone in the county knows you are full of it?
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142695 Jul 18, 2013
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>Paper weight perhaps?
Maybe the claw end of a sewer snake.

He seems to have a tendency to grasp onto feces and build a cult out of it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#142696 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
My arguments are based solely on science.
You have no clue as to what my religion is.
It is irrelevant.
However, since you view your own evo-worldview as a religion, you cannot resist bringing up religion in the context of a scientific debate.

Even crack does not screw people up this bad. We are talking crystal meth here.

Everyone here knows your history. Everyone here knows that you could not pick science out of a police line-up if you had the mug shot.

Everyone here knows you are a hot head, liar, with no interest in real science.

Do you really think repeated chanting of your little rant will change any of the above?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#142697 Jul 18, 2013
One way or another wrote:
You antiAmerican Evo morons have nothing but name calling and crying on each others shoulders.

Speaking of crystal meth.....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#142698 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who embraces Darwinism believes in the supernatural... the evo-fairy and the pixie dust that creates life from nothing. YOu just don't label it as such.
You think that bacteria can evolve into worms... that worms can can eventually sprout wings and fly, that algae can evolve into redwood trees.... by the omnipotent power of mutations and natural selection. You have no science to back up any of these absurd conjectures. All you have is dogma... the one-size-fits-all "evolutiondidit with pixie dust" doctrine.

Rant
Rinse
Repeat

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#142699 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who embraces Darwinism believes in the supernatural... the evo-fairy and the pixie dust that creates life from nothing. YOu just don't label it as such.
You think that bacteria can evolve into worms... that worms can can eventually sprout wings and fly, that algae can evolve into redwood trees.... by the omnipotent power of mutations and natural selection. You have no science to back up any of these absurd conjectures. All you have is dogma... the one-size-fits-all "evolutiondidit with pixie dust" doctrine.

All great artists have a medium that they excel in. For Rembrandt it was paint, for Michelangelo it was marble, for you it is logical fallacies. It is the medium in which you are the master.
Mugwump

Leeds, UK

#142700 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have any scientific evidence, please present it.
Your incessant ranting about religion only indicates your lack of scientific integrity. You worship the evo-fairy, pay homage to Charles Darwin, and bow at the feet of intellectual elites. Evolution is your religion..plain and simple.
To be honest I am still waiting for you to present scientific evidence of your god (sod it, ANY god)

You insisted you had it ,but when pushed ..... Ran away like an Olympic sprinter on steroids (I.e. an Olympic sprinter).

It's only been three months or so since you made the claim, maybe you have spent the time trying to pick your best line of evidence.

Or

Maybe you were making shit up

50/50 in my book
HTS

Englewood, CO

#142701 Jul 18, 2013
Authority On Everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... No shit...
Someone explain to me why a christian would feel the need to go to medical school to learn science and medicine when he should know that the absolute best method of healing someone is thru prayer and faith.
Seems to me if you need medical school, your faith must be very weak.
Just sayin' ;)
First, you have no knowledge of what my religion is.
Second, you have no understanding of Christianity, evidenced by your ridiculous doctrinal caricatures.
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142702 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>If you're interested in an actual scientific debate, let me know...
I see that, like the other evo-morons on this forum, you are incapable of presenting scientific evidence for your idiotic religion.
Instead, you choose to insult others whose religion you know nothing about.
What is the relevance of your references to "stone age cretins" in a scientific debate?
Do you think by blasphemous inuendos you are providing scientific evidence for a theory?
You are obviously an ignorant moron who knows nothing about science.
Words like "evo-morons" prevent any possibility of a legitimate debate.

Calling atheism a religion shows that you're simply a narrow-minded christard who feels that by calling atheism a religion, you're lowering them to the same relevance as Christinsanity.

You've effectively eliminated your own credibility as well as any testimony you could ever give for Geezus.

How's that feel, stupid?
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142703 Jul 18, 2013
One way or another wrote:
You antiAmerican Evo morons have nothing but name calling and crying on each others shoulders.
Go pray to Geezus. I'm sure that'll make it all better.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#142704 Jul 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All great artists have a medium that they excel in. For Rembrandt it was paint, for Michelangelo it was marble, for you it is logical fallacies. It is the medium in which you are the master.
How interesting to listen to a Darwinist spout off about "logical fallacies"...when your entire religion is riddled with innumerable scientitidi fallacies.

Fallacy #1: God is assumed not to exist.
Fallacy #2: Extrapolation of micro- to macro-evolution.
Fallacy #3: No absolute complexity exists.
Fallacy #4: Laws of probability don't apply to evolution.
Fallacy #5: Evolution should be accepted on faith...ie, the famous
Dawkins "argument from incredulity retort".
Fallacy #6: It's legitimate to cherry pick data.
Fallacy #7: All obstacles to evolution represent only gaps in man's
knowledge as to HOW evolution operates.
Fallacy #8: Millions of years will overcome any obstacle.
Fallacy #9: Evolution should be accepted because God is
not science.
HTS

Englewood, CO

#142705 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Words like "evo-morons" prevent any possibility of a legitimate debate.
Calling atheism a religion shows that you're simply a narrow-minded christard who feels that by calling atheism a religion, you're lowering them to the same relevance as Christinsanity.
You've effectively eliminated your own credibility as well as any testimony you could ever give for Geezus.
How's that feel, stupid?
So you can spout off about "cretins" of the Old Testament, but prohibit me from calling you out on your cherished evo-religion?...
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142706 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who embraces Darwinism believes in the supernatural... the evo-fairy and the pixie dust that creates life from nothing. YOu just don't label it as such.
Okay, so instead of a Big Bang blinking us into existence, it was some omnipotent being who blinked us into existence?
HTS

Englewood, CO

#142707 Jul 18, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I am still waiting for you to present scientific evidence of your god (sod it, ANY god)
You insisted you had it ,but when pushed ..... Ran away like an Olympic sprinter on steroids (I.e. an Olympic sprinter).
It's only been three months or so since you made the claim, maybe you have spent the time trying to pick your best line of evidence.
Or
Maybe you were making shit up
50/50 in my book
I've reiterated at least a dozen times...
I'M NOT CLAIMING THAT INTELLIGENT DESIGN IS SCIENCE.
So, I don't need to offer any scientific evidence of God.
You claim that Darwinism is science. Therefore, the task is left to you alone to defend your claims.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#142708 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How interesting to listen to a Darwinist spout off about "logical fallacies"...when your entire religion is riddled with innumerable scientitidi fallacies.
Fallacy #1: God is assumed not to exist.
Fallacy #2: Extrapolation of micro- to macro-evolution.
Fallacy #3: No absolute complexity exists.
Fallacy #4: Laws of probability don't apply to evolution.
Fallacy #5: Evolution should be accepted on faith...ie, the famous
Dawkins "argument from incredulity retort".
Fallacy #6: It's legitimate to cherry pick data.
Fallacy #7: All obstacles to evolution represent only gaps in man's
knowledge as to HOW evolution operates.
Fallacy #8: Millions of years will overcome any obstacle.
Fallacy #9: Evolution should be accepted because God is
not science.
Fallacy #10: All of the above.
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142709 Jul 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>I like that. Can I quote that?
Sure. I invented the word "Christinsanity" but I borrowed the phrase :)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#142710 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you have no knowledge of what my religion is.
Second, you have no understanding of Christianity, evidenced by your ridiculous doctrinal caricatures.

I know your religion is not real Christianity.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#142711 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can spout off about "cretins" of the Old Testament, but prohibit me from calling you out on your cherished evo-religion?...
The elements to support evolution are simple and verifiable. The fact that sexual reproduction works is a fact. The fact there are genetic differences between generations is a fact. That is all the foundation needed to support evolution.

Your assertion is that God created everything with magic. But you can not prove God or magic exist.

So at the outset, Evolutionists 2, Creotards 0

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#142712 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay, so instead of a Big Bang blinking us into existence, it was some omnipotent being who blinked us into existence?
AFTER nothing blinked the omnipotent being into existence for no good reason.
Authority On Everything

Kingsland, TX

#142713 Jul 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>First, you have no knowledge of what my religion is.

You HAVE a religion that is built on the stories written by stone age men who believed the world was flat, or L. Ron Hubbard.
Which is it?
THC wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, you have no understanding of Christianity, evidenced by your ridiculous doctrinal caricatures
My understanding of Christinsanity surpasses most Christards. I've studied it from within and from the outside.

My understanding of evolution is beyond any christard I've met, simply because I have an open mind to theories, scientific and dogmatic.

So far, scientific is winning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min IB DaMann 58,094
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 34 min Endofdays 159,306
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 27,275
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Dogen 1,904
News Intelligent Design Education Day Feb 19 replaytime 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 19 replaytime 219,597
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... Feb 16 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web