Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 176,162

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand." Full Story
One way or another

United States

#141108 Jul 6, 2013
+
The Evo cowards act in concert. They hate any new thinking, they twist word and meaning, they overstate what people say, they cry on each others shoulders When one of the Evo morons is proven to be an idiot by his her own words, then other Evo morons run in, attacking the one that dared show how the Evo morons words proved him herself wrong.

It is very clear that you act as a cowardly pack of anti-Americans. Our culture teaches us that you are cowards, acting as foreigners.
One way or another

United States

#141109 Jul 6, 2013
The really dumb Limeys come here, because no one in their own country wants up talk to him, uhhh it.
Mugwump

Manchester, UK

#141110 Jul 6, 2013
One way or another wrote:
The really dumb Limeys come here, because no one in their own country wants up talk to him, uhhh it.
Still the American coward I take it - as you have totally dodged my last 3 posts.

No problem - is what I expect from an American coward such as you - I have better things to do.

Suggest you post your paranoid nonsense for the next 6-8 hours.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#141111 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Show the proof. I will explain why that's impossible, after you finish making a complete fool out of yourself.

[snicker]

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141112 Jul 6, 2013
Instead of proof that something is a surety, science has reversed proof, in favor of falsification. Science chooses a negative, instead of a positive.
That's as dumb as it gets.

Blame Popper

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/04/1221...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141113 Jul 6, 2013
Science has been usurped by evolution, which offers no proof. That's why it must demand falsification, instead of proof, that everything else in the world depends on.

Almost nothing in life depends on proof.

I have no proof that my wife is the best person to marry.
I have no proof that my car was the best choice.
I have no proof that taking my current job was the best choice.

If you think about it I bet the only time proof comes into your life is when you select your alcohol.

You are a more is better sort of guy, aren't you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141114 Jul 6, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
When water "shoots" out of a dam, it is not going through the turbines, that is a form of "spillover" the turbines are already generating enough electricity and excess water is being released to relieve pressure on the dam.
You really were homeschooled, weren't you?

He was more outhouse schooled.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141115 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Show your proof!

Why don't you simply look it up for yourself. Are you that helpless?

Look up gravity while you are at it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141116 Jul 6, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
Just like evolution, global warming is a hoax played upon the unsuspecting by greedy liars with a huge vested interest in sustaining it even when all the data proves it wrong. They want to convince you that as far as anthropomorphic global warming is concerned, the debate is over. These anti-science, anti-progress nut cases are mostly government (taxpayer) funded to promote and pay homage to their political ideology so completely lacks independence or objectivity. Besides the end game of taxing the hell out of us and parking our cars and turning out our lights, third-world countries will also be held back because of this lunacy.
Yes, I have taken a break from one misinformation campaign to another. Seems every liberal cause is based on false information and is basically done for the same selfish reasons.
Why did Congressman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (from my district) announce yesterday that communities like hers there will be home under water in only few short years (due to sea level rise.)? Obama has declared war on the energy industry. And then the newspaper goes on to say they checked her facts by checking with a government agency (controlled by people like Obama and Wasserman-Schultz) that is paid to promote it. Wasserman-Schultz gets contributions from the very people set to gain from it's promotion. Obama has her out there spreading this global warming propaganda which of course she has no clue what she's talking about.(At least Al Gore took one Natural Science course at Harvard which he earned a very respectable "D" Grade!) I doubt little Debby has had even one science course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =p7n_hxOqKV0XX

Show your proof!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141117 Jul 6, 2013
There is no proof of spill over, because it would be wasting energy, plain and simple, unless the dam designers were morons like booger.

Yea, stupid dam designers should just let the dam collapse under excess pressure. Better to overload a power grid.

Outhouse schooled moron.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141118 Jul 6, 2013
For years now the stock market has been feeding off of the Feds buying of 85billion a month investments in the bond markets. As soon as the fed hinted it would take away the 85billion a month, the stock market started to tumble. The fed has since said it would keep dumping 85billion a month, along with the gov morons borrowing a trillion a year, to keep bribing gov workers, riding the free lunch.

Okay, add the bond market to things Jim does not have the first clue about.

You have amassed quite a list of ignorance.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141119 Jul 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Our earth is part of a system within systems which swing or oscillate from maximum to minimum to reach equal balance. When we start seeing extreme swings, then the system is compensating for something not normal. Science needs to find us ways to work with nature to help bring earth's systems into balance.

Oh shut up. SCPID is doubletalk gibberish.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141120 Jul 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>He has a good idea of further using the water from dams. We need more energy!

He does not understand the issue. A power grid is a demand/supply system. We have no efficient means of storing large amounts of energy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141121 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
You pretend to be too stupid, to recognize what science writes about bacteria, as a collective.
Are you too stupid to find it? I can always do it for you.

However, why don't you show proof. You run your mouth and don't present any proof

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141122 Jul 6, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this become an issue of being anti American ?

He just needs something new to cry about. Another distraction from the real reason he is here and the facts he can't bear.

I bet his blood pressure is pretty high.
One way or another

United States

#141123 Jul 6, 2013
None of the cowardly morons in the Evo group would last if they were speaking just for themselves.

Not one of the cowardly Evo morons has ever offered anything of value. That's why they band together, out of fear.

Its difficult enough for any individual to speak in the forums, much less speak against a group of people, hell bent on the name calling and childish innuendo, just for having a different opinion.

Any new thinking and your anti-American cowardly group, does everything it can to use name calling and worse, to stop any new thinking, instead of offering intelligent rebuttal.

By your actions and that of your group, you seek to stop anyone from talking, that doesn't agree with your cowardly clique.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141124 Jul 6, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the American coward I take it - as you have totally dodged my last 3 posts.
No problem - is what I expect from an American coward such as you - I have better things to do.
Suggest you post your paranoid nonsense for the next 6-8 hours.

He is ranting and raving again. An angry drunk, methinks.
One way or another

United States

#141125 Jul 6, 2013
The new dams
By Jim Ryan

Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.

Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.

Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.

Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.

When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.

Two

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141126 Jul 6, 2013
None of the cowardly morons in the Evo group would last if they were speaking just for themselves.
Not one of the cowardly Evo morons has ever offered anything of value. That's why they band together, out of fear.
Its difficult enough for any individual to speak in the forums, much less speak against a group of people, hell bent on the name calling and childish innuendo, just for having a different opinion.
Any new thinking and your anti-American cowardly group, does everything it can to use name calling and worse, to stop any new thinking, instead of offering intelligent rebuttal.
By your actions and that of your group, you seek to stop anyone from talking, that doesn't agree with your cowardly clique.

You should seek counseling for your anger issues alone. How can you be happy stuck in a brain that thinks in angry invectives all the time?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#141127 Jul 6, 2013
The new dams
By Jim Ryan
Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.
Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.
Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.
Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.
When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.
Two

I haven't decided whether you're a mineral or vegetable yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min EXPERT 132,425
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 2 hr Dogen 499
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 4 hr Brian_G 13,616
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) 5 hr Zach 4
How would creationists explain... 6 hr TurkanaBoy 314
Science News (Sep '13) 11 hr positronium 2,943
Genetic entropy Thu Discord 159
More from around the web