Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Comments (Page 6,877)

Showing posts 137,521 - 137,540 of171,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is a bottomless pit "unnatural?"

You can't siphon that , the hose wont reach.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How much energy does it cost to drive water into a water tower? Would you guess that it's more than can be derived from its descent, equal, or less? Only one of these is correct.
Can you figure out how the water could pump itself into a tank that is elevated above the river level? I will give you a clue that the water intake is way upstream.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't siphon that , the hose wont reach.
No, silly. You dump the water into the bottomless pit.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Can you figure out how the water could pump itself into a tank that is elevated above the river level? I will give you a clue that the water intake is way upstream.
No. Neither can anybody. There is no water anywhere that can defy the laws of physics.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Its no wonder the group of anti-Americans can't even figure out what the dams wastefulness is, they spend most all of their time attacking Americans. Such a cowardly group, they hate Americans that stand on their own two feet.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

One way or another wrote:
Its no wonder the group of anti-Americans can't even figure out what the dams wastefulness is, they spend most all of their time attacking Americans. Such a cowardly group, they hate Americans that stand on their own two feet.
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claims, rather than simply accepting them as true?

Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claim to be true before accepting it as true rather than accepting it as true until someone proves it wrong?

If it's proper to accept claims as true until proven false, there is an invisible dragon living in your kitchen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Translation: Waaaaaaah!!! Booooo hoooo hoooo hooooo!
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.

Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.

Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.

Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.

When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Thank God we stll have freedom. God Bless you and God Bless America!
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

I will call my new science, the new dams.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claims, rather than simply accepting them as true?
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claim to be true before accepting it as true rather than accepting it as true until someone proves it wrong?
If it's proper to accept claims as true until proven false, there is an invisible dragon living in your kitchen.
All of evolution is based on supposition and nothing more. Science refuses to prove what it has the chance too. It refuses to prove speed of light, when it has the ability.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.
Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.
Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.
Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.
When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.
The beauty of stupid is that it is boundless.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All of evolution is based on supposition and nothing more. Science refuses to prove what it has the chance too. It refuses to prove speed of light, when it has the ability.
When is the last time you took your medication?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

You don't know about types of dams either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dam

All dams are not built for power generation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>

Seriously, it would take you two minutes to learn enough about the measurement of the speed of light to shut yourself up, but NOOOoooo!
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The beauty of stupid is that it is boundless.
Of like to thank your cowardly anti-American group for proving that.

Your group can't refute the proof that the dams make so clear, but as you prove, your deceit is what you use, instead of your brain.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Your cowardly anti--American group offers no proof of any kind.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Did somebody say we could NEVER run a car on water? I think that is what started this conversation. ;)
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Light photons wink out of existence, with a little time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 137,521 - 137,540 of171,210
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••