Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 178688 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

One way or another

United States

#141021 Jul 6, 2013
Its no wonder the group of anti-Americans can't even figure out what the dams wastefulness is, they spend most all of their time attacking Americans. Such a cowardly group, they hate Americans that stand on their own two feet.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#141022 Jul 6, 2013
One way or another wrote:
Its no wonder the group of anti-Americans can't even figure out what the dams wastefulness is, they spend most all of their time attacking Americans. Such a cowardly group, they hate Americans that stand on their own two feet.
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claims, rather than simply accepting them as true?

Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claim to be true before accepting it as true rather than accepting it as true until someone proves it wrong?

If it's proper to accept claims as true until proven false, there is an invisible dragon living in your kitchen.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#141023 Jul 6, 2013

Translation: Waaaaaaah!!! Booooo hoooo hoooo hooooo!
One way or another

United States

#141024 Jul 6, 2013
Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.

Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.

Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.

Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.

When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141025 Jul 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#141026 Jul 6, 2013
Thank God we stll have freedom. God Bless you and God Bless America!
One way or another

United States

#141027 Jul 6, 2013
I will call my new science, the new dams.
One way or another

United States

#141028 Jul 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claims, rather than simply accepting them as true?
Is it wrong, Jim, to demand that someone prove their claim to be true before accepting it as true rather than accepting it as true until someone proves it wrong?
If it's proper to accept claims as true until proven false, there is an invisible dragon living in your kitchen.
All of evolution is based on supposition and nothing more. Science refuses to prove what it has the chance too. It refuses to prove speed of light, when it has the ability.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#141029 Jul 6, 2013
Allow me to tell you morons the waste, since as a cowardly group, you're too stupid to recognize it.
Look at the pics where the dams are shooting tons of water out of the front of the dams,---especially in an upward arch. Imagine first, the power lost, shooting that water, and then all the power lost from not figuring out how to funnel that water into a second bank of generators, lower down.
Yes, dams would have to be reconfigured and instead of the water arching upwards, it should be focused downward, so the force would be even greater.
Get a clue you anti-American cowards. Instead of using your cowardly group to attack others, you might use the group in a good way or you could use the American way and stand on your own two feet.
When you don't have others to depend on and use as cowardly children from your school cliques, then you have to use your mind.
The beauty of stupid is that it is boundless.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#141030 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>
All of evolution is based on supposition and nothing more. Science refuses to prove what it has the chance too. It refuses to prove speed of light, when it has the ability.
When is the last time you took your medication?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141031 Jul 6, 2013

You don't know about types of dams either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dam

All dams are not built for power generation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141032 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>

Seriously, it would take you two minutes to learn enough about the measurement of the speed of light to shut yourself up, but NOOOoooo!
One way or another

United States

#141033 Jul 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The beauty of stupid is that it is boundless.
Of like to thank your cowardly anti-American group for proving that.

Your group can't refute the proof that the dams make so clear, but as you prove, your deceit is what you use, instead of your brain.
One way or another

United States

#141034 Jul 6, 2013
Your cowardly anti--American group offers no proof of any kind.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#141035 Jul 6, 2013
Did somebody say we could NEVER run a car on water? I think that is what started this conversation. ;)
One way or another

United States

#141036 Jul 6, 2013
Light photons wink out of existence, with a little time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141037 Jul 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Did somebody say we could NEVER run a car on water? I think that is what started this conversation. ;)

Realistically, a practical car will never run on water.

But break the water down to hydrogen and oxygen and you got a new ball game.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141038 Jul 6, 2013
Light photons wink out of existence, with a little time.

No, unless there has been a recent discovery showing otherwise, photons are immortal. They will continue till they interact with something. We are still receiving CBR (photons) from the Big Bang nearly 14 billion years ago.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#141039 Jul 6, 2013
Your cowardly anti--American group offers no proof of any kind.

I was unaware that science was unamerican. Considering the number of people who come here to study and practice science it would seem that science IS American.... and that you are not.

Your accusations are just another reflection of your paranoia and grandiosity.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#141040 Jul 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Realistically, a practical car will never run on water.
But break the water down to hydrogen and oxygen and you got a new ball game.
BINGO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min DanFromSmithville 173,432
What exactly is life? Chimcal mix or more than ... 1 hr facefacts 20
The Definition of a Creationist Scientist 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 128
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 143,906
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 7 hr Zog Has-fallen 82
What Motives Created Social Darwinism? 14 hr Zog Has-fallen 97
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? Fri Zog Has-fallen 55
More from around the web