Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180300 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#140443 Jul 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This would depend on the size. Hyrdogen also is clear flamed and fast burning.

I am sure witnesses to the Hindenburg could testify to that.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140444 Jul 2, 2013
One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, you wrote all that BS, so you wouldn't have to explain the psychology of red light cameras. Hahahahahahahaha
When it comes to explaining psychology, you run away every time. Lol
You moron.

Try reading what I wrote.

Again:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
My prediction is that you will continue to post psuedoscience based on your internal paranoid delusional system. Your posts will be filled with grandiose idea that have little relationship with the external world.
I also predict that you will get real worked up because this is hitting very close to home and that you will call me "dogshit" or some other disparaging term based loosely on my screen name or other attributes.
Remember:
carpet tacks
dyslexia
spin gravity
spewing black holes
You have a complete inability to comprehend basic science but have grandiose ideas that you are contributing to it and the grandiose idea that you know more than all the professional PhD scientists in the world. You have paranoid ideas about the educational system, government, Jews, scientists, educators,.........
And more to the point, your continuous anger at nearly everything and everyone.
All this will continue because your brain is just slightly out of balance of neurotransmitters.
I further predict you will be angry and miserable till the end of your days because you will not take a little blue and white pill.
I dare you to prove me wrong, especially on the last issue!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140445 Jul 2, 2013
Part 2
The Coast Guard arrived a little past dawn. What a great sight, but the Donald was listing badly and the ropes were floating in the water with other hazards. My head was still foggy from slamming into the bulk head. One propeller was out of the water on one side, the ropes and gear on the other and the Coast Guard boat couldn't get close.
We were told to jump in the water and swim to the line the Coast Guard had deployed. To this day I don't know why that second captain left both props running. I know he was trying to get the boat to shallow water and ground it, but at the time I wasn't thinking clearly.
I think I jumped second and got to the line. I was sooo happy. When we got in and warm and fed, a camera man and woman interviewed me for the briefest of times. She said it would be on the news at 5 or 6 and maybe 11, but I didn't see it.
Anyway, we were due to go back out on another tug and I said no, I was not feeling like I could go out, so my boss asked me to see a shrink, so I said ok. He talked a bit and then tried to hypnotize me, but that didn't work, so not sure if that time or next visit, he gave me a psych evaluation and I said ok.
The first few questions were ok, but I came to a 2 part question and this is what makes me know the insurance co's and lawyers are controlling the doctors and psychologists. The 2 part question was,---do you feel depressed and do you feel like killing yourself. I told the shrink that I was somewhat depressed that I didn't feel I could do my job at the moment, but that hell no, I didn't feel like killing myself. The shrink said I had to answer both questions, but both were either yes or no in a combined answer, so I said I would not answer such an ignorant question. He said if I didn't, then everything would stop and I'd be let go of that job.
During this time I agreed to go out on a tug for a ride, just to see how I felt. I did, but didn't feel secure yet.
So I lost that job and couldn't collect workers comp for recuperation time, thanks to the shrinks test, for the insurance companies.
At that time, I wasn't running the fishing vessel, but with some time I got over it and went back as a fishing captain.

So you had a closed head injury. Is this when your delusions started?

Why did you have to undergo a psych evaluation? One only has a psych evaluation for insurance if you were using psychological problems as the reason for the claim.

If they found that you do not have a psychological disorder then I think you got screwed.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#140446 Jul 2, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too....lol
For every book he can produce discounting the Bible, I can probably produce dozens just as persuasive that support it.
But none that use, you know...EVIDENCE.
Believer wrote:
We choose what we want to believe. Give our kids the same opportunity we had. You don't have to hide the truth from them...whether it be Scientific proof or Biblical truth.
The spiritual aspect of the human spirit draws us to God. Atheists can't bear to thing of anyone finding something they have missed, so they are trying to do away with iit all together.
Though others have tried, that has never happened, and it never will. Faith in God when it gets into the human spirit is a SUPERnatural experience that few who ever find it want to turn away from! Want proof, look around!
Define "spiritual."

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140447 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm going to expose you BS boy.
Show everyone here you should judge when people go to the looney bin as you claim. Do so by this simple test.
Explain the psychology behind the red light cameras, their causes and effects.
That should be easy for any psych grad in a top university as you claim, right dogshit?

The issue is not the “kangaroo effect”(which has been refuted) nor the "1984 effect" (needs further study) but rather your personal mental health issues.

And I am not saying you need to go to the "looney bin" but rather a bit of counseling and medication to re-balance your neurotransmitters may be in order.

Little to lose. Best case you feel a lot better and your thinking improved. Worse case you stop taking it.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140448 Jul 2, 2013
And I imagine your response will be to deny you were talking about either the “kangaroo effect” or the "1984 effect" in favor of something you concocted.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140449 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't mind people calling you dogshit, do ya dogshit?

Not at all once I consider the source.

[QUOTE who="One way or another"]<quoted text> I mean, you call people on here insane, because they have different theories or go against your religion, so do tell us why dogshit.

I enjoy different theories, assuming they are reasonably flushed out. Same with different hypotheses if they reasonably conform to the known facts. But when someone makes up useless tripe and tries to assert that it is better than what countless professional scientists think..... not so much.

Even that would not be so bad if the person putting forth the ideas would read the responses and deal with that information appropriately.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140450 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I wonder what the AMA would say about people like you, offering a doctors or shrinks advice for free!

I am offering friendly advice to a fellow human being. You are, as always, free to ignore my suggestions and I don't seriously expect you to follow through.

That would be completely out of character for you.

But if there is an off chance then I would be remiss in my duty as a fellow human being, as a Christian and as a mental health professional.

You may now resume being hateful if that makes you feel any better. I suspect it does in the short run, but not in the long.... eh?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140451 Jul 2, 2013
Come on dogshit, this should be easy for a superior intellect, right dogshit?
Show everyone here you should judge when people go to the looney bin as you claim. Do so by this simple test.
Explain the psychology behind the red light cameras, their causes and effects.
That should be easy for any psych grad in a top university as you claim, right dogshit?

Where have I seriously claimed to be of superior intellect to you?

Better educated, clearly.

You do not seem to be stupid to me. You seem delusional. That is not a personal failing, that is a medical (brain chemistry) issue.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140452 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Much in the universe points to a creator, unless you can prove otherwise. I like to argue just the facts.
Show where all things came from. Show how the first sun came about or the first anything.
Did it just pop out of nowhere? Show your proof.

Disingenuous question usually receive disingenuous answers.

Is this something that you are unable to look up on your own and therefore have to ask here?

I thought not.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140453 Jul 2, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
aetiologies of scientific math: incorporating the
many widely wrote upon dialectics of scientific math,
return again to first and second locomotions
in the final math reprising the situation to
necessitate for the hidden complexity of time
in the etiological layering of the ether,
that will suddenly shift once again the
known boundaries of space and time when
viewed from the raw data sheets of the
time lord mathematician.
as to whether this is the primary moment
for complexity to do it most,
in its most valuable way posited by
the complex numbering of
fantastical fcuk equations have in engendering
an coherent and everlasting
mathematical dialectic for the reasoning
of scientific math; when viewed
from peripheral scientific math
notations which is fundamentally
outsourced from the main framework
of datas available; when building a viable
group scientific methodology of
theories from known scientific
factored data.
this date comes way beyond complexly
related polynomial differentials of
basic calculus,
many based approaches of the schematic
datas found in relativity and causality
theorem based calculuses
only scratch the surface of the complex
nature of the complexity.

Does anyone read this stuff?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140454 Jul 2, 2013
One more claim that you are a shrink, or you claim anyone is medically sick, with your claims of a top college degree in that field and your claims of sending people to the looney bin, I will contact the AMA and see what they have to say. You have made those claims permanent on this site.

[sigh]. I am not nor have never claimed to be a doctor. Therefor I am not under the jurisdiction of the AMA. I am simply reporting to you what I have observed so you can act on it or not.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#140455 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
beryl from east Shipley wood a core monitor for traffic said that
that blog is up there with my bet so far.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

London, UK

#140456 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course my little fury rodent friend.
One way or another

United States

#140457 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
[sigh]. I am not nor have never claimed to be a doctor. Therefor I am not under the jurisdiction of the AMA. I am simply reporting to you what I have observed so you can act on it or not.
All that shit and you're too stupid to show the people here the evidence or proof, that you understand psychology.

Poor dogshit, claims he has an education from a top university, yet he runs away from showing us.

Just a simple psychological test dogshit. What causes and affects can come about because of the red light cameras, any causes and affects.
One way or another

United States

#140458 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor dogshit, claims he has an education from a top university, yet he runs away from showing us.

Just a simple psychological test dogshit. What causes and affects can come about because of the red light cameras, any causes and affects.

Awwww, the little idiot is too stupid to prove he has an education.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140459 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
All that shit and you're too stupid to show the people here the evidence or proof, that you understand psychology.

So you are going to ignore my last post on this and move the goal posts.

I don't claim to understand psychology. I just have 20 years of experience, a masters degree and about a third of the way to a Ph.D. I am far from understanding the human mind.
Mugwump

Rochdale, UK

#140460 Jul 2, 2013
***** Mr Ryan ******

Get some sleep

Wake up refreshed

Put the bottle / pills to one side

Review your posts

Ask yourself if your were coherent

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#140461 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Awwww, the little idiot is too stupid to prove he has an education.

Still distracting from the real issue.

You don't have to admit I called you out on your insurance story.

Nor that you desperately want to change the subject or ignore the issue but can't simply stop replying to this thread.

I keep pointing out to you what you are doing. You get that and you hate it.

Could you do a better job of acting grandiose if you TRIED? I don't really see how. You know more than all the Ph.D's in the world. You refute all of science. What an extraordinary brain you have. You are easily a hundred times as brilliant as Einstein.

Or is that unlikely for some reason.

Do you really read what I post to you? Begin your reply with the number 6 if you have read this far.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#140463 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are going to ignore my last post on this and move the goal posts.
I don't claim to understand psychology. I just have 20 years of experience, a masters degree and about a third of the way to a Ph.D. I am far from understanding the human mind.
So the disorder that you suspect Jimbo has, is that treatable, or are we stuck with it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 min marksman11 168,050
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 11 min Eagle 12 - 6,079
What's your religion? (Sep '17) 2 hr Davidjayjordan 1,167
The Design of Time is Prophecy and is absolute ... 2 hr Davidjayjordan 37
Illuminati Elite never studied 'evolutionary LU... 3 hr Davidjayjordan 7
Womans Birth Cycle absolutely Proves Design and... Wed Rose_NoHo 75
News Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) Wed WELL SAID 3,404