Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179706 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#140390 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cars could run on water. Actually we would have to break it down to hydrogen and oxygen first.
Good point!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140391 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the post in question. As you can see it states that 51% believe the theory of evolution and 45% are creationist in the U.S..
That brings me back to the question that replaytime dodged and lied about. What is the point of publishing this list?
Look tard. My comment that you responded to was about how you misread it.

Your reply was; Okay, I misread your post. 45% of the U.S. public are woefully ignorant.

Did you have a point?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TCT...

So based on that, it is plain to see my point was you misread it. Simple as that.

The first time you asked "What is the point of publishing this list?". was many post later here;

Which I answered with "I answered what was my point with "And as far as my point, that is simple and was explained in my post. My point was you misread it!"

So now you want an answer to another question of what was my point of the poll?" here
One way or another

United States

#140392 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
But will you address my post? It appears not.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you will repeat the same nonsense over and over. That is my standing prediction.
I don't think you can help yourself. Why are you so against getting treatment? Are you afraid they will find out you are ill? Or are you afraid that you will find out that you are not what you imagine yourself to be but what you really are?
Reality looks scarier from the outside than it does from the inside.
Since you claim to know the same nonsense I'm going to say, you should be able to point that out and hence, take it from me, but oh gosh, why aren't you doing that, by all of your claims proving just how much you hate me, surely you'd want to steal my thunder, so ta speak, before I use it.

By the way dogshit, I'm going to give another psychology lesson,-- involving the psychology of red light cameras and the causes and affects on everyone and thing in that environment.

However dogshit, I'm telling you this, because surely with your top 50 best college teaching, you can tell the people here all about it, before I get to it, right? After all, you say I'm an insane 10th grade educated man that can't possibly know what I'm talking about, so show all here why they should believe the things you say.:-) that's me, laughing in your face!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140393 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go back and look at your post. I was distracted by an unanswered post of yours. From what I have seen you used my mistake as an excuse not to answer the question.
I don't have to show you evidence for my car question. That was a hypothetical question. By the way your refusal to answer it is the same as admitting that I am correct.
Yes a hypothetical question which I answered with "Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will answer the question about the poll. If you have no evidence then it was a made up BS stupid question that deserves no answer(which is what I said already) and I won't answer what was my point on the poll either."

As you say if you want answers try asking real questions instead of stupid ones.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140394 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cars could run on water. Actually we would have to break it down to hydrogen and oxygen first.
Oh I have an open mind. I believe just about anything is possible,, well except lower taxes and not dying.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#140395 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are just straight up lying. You didn't miss it. You already addressed it once with;
Really, you did not understand the humor?
What a tard.
How am I lying my bitch?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140396 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply was; Okay, I misread your post. 45% of the U.S. public are woefully ignorant.
Did you have a point?
So based on that, it is plain to see my point was you misread it. Simple as that.
The first time you asked "What is the point of publishing this list?". was many post later here;
Which I answered with "I answered what was my point with "And as far as my point, that is simple and was explained in my post. My point was you misread it!"
So now you want an answer to another question of what was my point of the poll?" here
What a freaking lying tard.

That was not what my question was about. I have asked several times now what was your point in posting that poll?
One way or another

United States

#140397 Jul 2, 2013
I'll be finishing my story and then I'll post all together.

I wanted to expose dogen a stupidity and lies and give him the first chance to explain the psychology of the red light cameras, on society!

Anyone with a background in psychology that claims to put people in the loony bin like dogshit, should surely be able to be given a subject matter and be able to explain the causes and affects on society or why would such a person be allowed to put others in the looney bin, unless the innuendo he was given led him to make such calls, because he doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he gets paid for it.

Maybe you're just a pathological liar.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140398 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a hypothetical question which I answered with "Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will answer the question about the poll. If you have no evidence then it was a made up BS stupid question that deserves no answer(which is what I said already) and I won't answer what was my point on the poll either."
As you say if you want answers try asking real questions instead of stupid ones.
That was not an answer. That was a dodge. An answer would be either a yes or a no. You could explain your answer, but dodging the question is not an answer no matter how many times you want to claim that it is.

Hmm, can replaytime every answer an important question honestly?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140399 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a point?
No tard, the question from the start was whether or not you had a point in posting those poll results.

You used my error as a distraction. I long ago admitted my error and you have continually dodged the question.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#140400 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It is called electrolysis. Did this for a science fair project when I was a kid.
BTW, you have to use DC not AC. Using AC is very ill advised, as I learned the hard way.
That is one way, but a simplier way would be to use a pressure tank with a pop-off valve and put a piece of aluminum in it with water and some lye. When the lye reacts with the aluminum the water will seperate and when the blow-off valve opens, pure hydrogen comes out.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#140401 Jul 2, 2013
One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you claim to know the same nonsense I'm going to say, you should be able to point that out and hence, take it from me, but oh gosh, why aren't you doing that, by all of your claims proving just how much you hate me, surely you'd want to steal my thunder, so ta speak, before I use it.
By the way dogshit, I'm going to give another psychology lesson,-- involving the psychology of red light cameras and the causes and affects on everyone and thing in that environment.
However dogshit, I'm telling you this, because surely with your top 50 best college teaching, you can tell the people here all about it, before I get to it, right? After all, you say I'm an insane 10th grade educated man that can't possibly know what I'm talking about, so show all here why they should believe the things you say.:-) that's me, laughing in your face!

My prediction is that you will continue to post psuedoscience based on your internal paranoid delusional system. Your posts will be filled with grandiose idea that have little relationship with the external world.

I also predict that you will get real worked up because this is hitting very close to home and that you will call me "dogshit" or some other disparaging term based loosely on my screen name or other attributes.

Remember:
carpet tacks
dyslexia
spin gravity
spewing black holes

You have a complete inability to comprehend basic science but have grandiose ideas that you are contributing to it and the grandiose idea that you know more than all the professional PhD scientists in the world. You have paranoid ideas about the educational system, government, Jews, scientists, educators,.........

And more to the point, your continuous anger at nearly everything and everyone.

All this will continue because your brain is just slightly out of balance of neurotransmitters.

I further predict you will be angry and miserable till the end of your days because you will not take a little blue and white pill.

I dare you to prove me wrong, especially on the last issue!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140402 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I have an open mind. I believe just about anything is possible,, well except lower taxes and not dying.

Those are not actually impossible. Just infinitely improbable.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140403 Jul 2, 2013
One way or another wrote:
I'll be finishing my story and then I'll post all together.
I wanted to expose dogen a stupidity and lies and give him the first chance to explain the psychology of the red light cameras, on society!
Anyone with a background in psychology that claims to put people in the loony bin like dogshit, should surely be able to be given a subject matter and be able to explain the causes and affects on society or why would such a person be allowed to put others in the looney bin, unless the innuendo he was given led him to make such calls, because he doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he gets paid for it.
Maybe you're just a pathological liar.

So far my predictions are panning out perfectly.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140404 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How am I lying my bitch?
How are you lying? Are you really that stupid?

You say "I missed this by my bitch" here.

But had already responded to it here;

So by saying you missed something you already responded to makes you a straight up liar. Simple as that.

“Truthbeknown”

Level 4

Since: Jun 13

Seattle

#140405 Jul 2, 2013
Believer wrote:
I've been doing some research on the controversy between creationism and evolution in the public schools.
The statistics I found showed that approximately
20% of those polled wanted evolution only taught
16% wanted creation only taught
64% wanted both taught either in science and biology, religious studies, wanted both but weren't sure how.
Because the atheist crowd is the "squeaky wheel," they are getting most of the attention these days. And, sadly, Too many believers are not paying enough attention to what is going on.
No sir, you are totally wrong. I don't care what your poll says. I would like to see a link to that poll by the way.

Evolution is taught in 100% of America's public schools and it is the creationists who are the squeaky wheel by trying to get into these same public schools. Unconstitutionally I might add.

They keep trying and they keep getting sued and losing...get a clue [email protected] Religion does not belong in science classes

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140406 Jul 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>That is one way, but a simplier way would be to use a pressure tank with a pop-off valve and put a piece of aluminum in it with water and some lye. When the lye reacts with the aluminum the water will seperate and when the blow-off valve opens, pure hydrogen comes out.

How much can be produced this way? What are the waste products?
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#140407 Jul 2, 2013
In case some of you guys don't know what lye is, it is a strong alkaline substance and when I was a kid my mother used it to make lye soap. We had an old barrel that we put ashes in and when it rained the water would run through the ashes and make lye out the bottom.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140408 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a freaking lying tard.
That was not what my question was about. I have asked several times now what was your point in posting that poll?
Again Look tard. My comment that you responded to was about how you misread it.
Your reply was; Okay, I misread your post. 45% of the U.S. public are woefully ignorant. Did you have a point?

So now again you are blaming me because I should be able to read your mind. Typical of someone you is wrong and stupid.

And I have answered several times with
1. Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will address it. I don't really address made up "what if's"

2. Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will answer the question about the poll. If you have no evidence then it was a made up BS stupid question that deserves no answer(which is what I said already) and I won't answer what was my point on the poll either.

3. Yes a hypothetical question which I answered with "Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will answer the question about the poll. If you have no evidence then it was a made up BS stupid question that deserves no answer(which is what I said already) and I won't answer what was my point on the poll either."

As you say if you want answers try asking real questions instead of stupid ones

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140409 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No tard, the question from the start was whether or not you had a point in posting those poll results.
You used my error as a distraction. I long ago admitted my error and you have continually dodged the question.
Now again you are making the claim SO you need to show evidence that from the start the question was whether or not I had a point in posting those poll results.

Remember if you make the claim you have to have evidence to back it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Aura Mytha 201,657
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Eagle 12 16,282
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 40,793
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 1 hr One way or another 19
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 2 hr THE LONE WORKER 55
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 hr Reno Hoock 241
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) Wed ChristineM 96
More from around the web