Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179697 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

One way or another

United States

#140356 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm don't take it literally as in like they say the earth is a circle so you take it literally thinking are saying it is flat. DUH!!
Yea, it must have been flat, but wouldn't that be flat as we look at the moon or earth, as in its upright position, so that everyone and everything would slide down to the bottom and fall off the earth? Lmao

These Evo morons never think before they run off at the mouth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#140357 Jul 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you reminded me of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O2C1lPlFB7kXX

I bet Jim LOVES shinny stuff.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140358 Jul 2, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it doesn't change the fact that 51% accepted evolution.
I agreed. But only 13% do not believe in God. I think that many of that 13% must be the people on here as much as you all say God is fake, God is a myth, God does not exist, etc etc. You being one of them

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140359 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Many people who believe in God also acknowledge evolution. Nearly all scientists that believe in God acknowledge evolution.
It will matter more what people think once they have learned to think.
What is funny is I have never said I did not believe in evolution. I said I believe God created life and earth then has stood back and let us change to become what we have became without his interference.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#140361 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the last part of the post you responded to. I addressed your question of cars. And ad far as my point, that is simple and was explained in my post. My point was you misread it!
No, you dodged the question on cars with a lame excuse. You never answered my first question at all about what was your point.

And I addressed the fact that I first I misread your post. Restating that fact is a red herring. Please try to fight your natural tendency to be dishonest.

So let's ignore the car question for now, it is obvious why you don't want to answer that question.

So what was your point about bringing up the numbers from that Gallop Poll?

We are well aware how poorly educated the American public is.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140362 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agreed. But only 13% do not believe in God. I think that many of that 13% must be the people on here as much as you all say God is fake, God is a myth, God does not exist, etc etc. You being one of them
Nowhere in your poll does it say that 13% of the people don't believe in god. Now you have misread it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140363 Jul 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard of an engine that will run on hydrogen?

Yes. What about it?
One way or another

United States

#140364 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Jim LOVES shinny stuff.
Did you know the insurance companies and their lawyers use your sickness, to punish people they don't like?
One way or another

United States

#140365 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You were being mocked, again.
Did you know the insurance companies and their lawyers use your sickness, to punish people they don't like?

I'm even going to prove it to everyone here dogshit!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140366 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere in your poll does it say that 13% of the people don't believe in god. Now you have misread it.
2. Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process.

13% chose (2)

Pretty much they don't believe in God if they don't believe God had anything to do with it. Why would they believe in God if they think he had nothing to do with anything?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#140367 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I've already remarked that you need to work on your reading comprehension.

I doubt you can point to where I've said where God is fake, God is a myth or God does not exist.

What I have said is I don't know if there is a god or not. I have said I've seen no evidence of a god; however, I remain open to the possibility however slight.

I have said that much of the bible is myth. I stand by that.

I have also said that the god as portrayed in the bible is a selfish, murdering scoundrel and not worthy of veneration.

So... You were saying?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#140368 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny is I have never said I did not believe in evolution.
Did I say you did?
replaytime wrote:
I said I believe God created life and earth then has stood back and let us change to become what we have became without his interference.
It is *possible*.
One way or another

United States

#140369 Jul 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you will repeat the same nonsense over and over. That is my standing prediction.
I don't think you can help yourself. Why are you so against getting treatment? Are you afraid they will find out you are ill? Or are you afraid that you will find out that you are not what you imagine yourself to be but what you really are?
Reality looks scarier from the outside than it does from the inside.

I'm even going to prove it to everyone here dogshit!

I'm going to prove it with the story I'm telling dogshit!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140370 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
2. Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process.
13% chose (2)
Pretty much they don't believe in God if they don't believe God had anything to do with it. Why would they believe in God if they think he had nothing to do with anything?
Nope, that is a false dichotomy.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#140371 Jul 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever heard of an engine that will run on hydrogen?
Yeah. It makes water. What of it?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140372 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you dodged the question on cars with a lame excuse. You never answered my first question at all about what was your point.
And I addressed the fact that I first I misread your post. Restating that fact is a red herring. Please try to fight your natural tendency to be dishonest.
So let's ignore the car question for now, it is obvious why you don't want to answer that question.
So what was your point about bringing up the numbers from that Gallop Poll?
We are well aware how poorly educated the American public is.
I answered what was my point with "And as far as my point, that is simple and was explained in my post. My point was you misread it!"

So now you want an answer to another question of what was my point of the poll?

Show your evidence that 45% of people believe that cars can run on water and I will answer the question about the poll. If you have no evidence then it was a made up BS stupid question that deserves no answer(which is what I said already) and I won't answer what was my point on the poll either.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#140373 Jul 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that is a false dichotomy.
So then everyone 100% believes in God that you think is a myth and fake. IS that what you are saying?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140374 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny is I have never said I did not believe in evolution. I said I believe God created life and earth then has stood back and let us change to become what we have became without his interference.

I don't believe in an activist deity either. Mine simply created a universe capable of abiogenesis and evolution. More than this is just overkill.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#140375 Jul 2, 2013
One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>

I was not aware of that. Though believing such could be considered to be a paranoid delusion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#140376 Jul 2, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical answer from you. What does this have to do with evolution being taught in school besides nothing?
His polls are correct and you don't like it and you show that by being a [email protected]
I missed this from my bitch.

No, my point about the holocaust was perfectly valid. There are people who don't believe that the holocaust happened. There is a higher percentage of historians that believe the holocaust did not happen than biologists that don't believe the the theory of evolution.

Of course you are an idiot and cannot understand abstract thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 22 min Thinking 20,305
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr replaytime 210,001
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr It aint necessari... 152,270
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Wed ChristineM 45,559
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
More from around the web