Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179697 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#139456 Jun 27, 2013
One way or another wrote:
If you've read my work, just pass by. The Evo morons keep complaining that I keep posting it and they are right, but then go through this entire thread and see the thousands of times they have said the same exact things, about the same exact subjects, because they have nothing else.
You can say a thousand times and ways that the moon is made of cheese, but it will still be made of rock. No matter who or how many times you you ask - the exact same thing, the exact same subject and nothing else. The moon is made of rock. Does that indicate that the common theme is them, or you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#139457 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I already used science to prove gravitational lensing is a lie, while I explained why and then I tied sciences retro reflector test into the equation, showing how fast light breaks down into single photons, also proving that speed of light doesn't matter, because the light beams break down, which also means that the light from those galaxies don't make it here in one piece, meaning that no one is looking back in time as science claims.
You did say that science likes more than one line of evidence, so that should do right nicely.

Funny you have never shared any of these breakthroughs with us. All you share with us is paranoid delusional rants.

I wonder why that is?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139458 Jun 27, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever the optimist
And do you really count Jimbo as a fundy ?
He seems to have no specific beliefs as such (besides in his own intelligence - DK)

Perhaps my putting Jim in the same category as fundies is just taking a cheep shot at fundies.

Still, they deserve each other. Maybe we can fix HTS up with Jim.

Oh, the humanity!
One way or another

United States

#139459 Jun 27, 2013
Seeing back in time

Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence

Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.

Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.

That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light, but science proves how much light breaks down in its retro reflector test from the earth to the moon and back. Science itself declares that the further away light gets from its source, the more it breaks down, but science proves how much light breaks down in its retro reflector test from the earth to the moon and back. Science itself declares that the further away light gets from its source, the more it breaks down.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139460 Jun 27, 2013
By the way, the more ways I get to say the same things, the more people that will come to understand, because no two people understand the written word in the same ways.

So far you have repeated the same nonsense like a million times and even the fundies laugh at you.

"Life. Loathe it or ignore it. You can't like it." - Marvin

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139461 Jun 27, 2013
These Evo children don't care and don't want new, because the offer nothing of value.

Projection.

As always.

"Incredible... it's even worse than I thought it would be." - Marvin

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139462 Jun 27, 2013
I will not bother with these Evo idiots, I'll just keep posting my work.
Heart of black holes
Here is the heart of my new science by Jim Ryan
Go to the second picture in the following website. It is a blue picture, depicting the pulsar, a white dot at the center of the Crab Nebula.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/Crab-Nebu...
My new science is that nebula are the castings of black holes, just as the pulsar is. There are many nebula with pulsars, just as there are black holes.
Copy and paste below! My response will be below that.
This flare isn’t the Crab’s first fit. Since 2007 AGILE and Fermi have detected about a half dozen events, the most fantastic that of April 2011, when the Crab erupted in an outburst at least 30 times brighter than the nebula’s norm. The new flare is the brightest since that event. These flares put out 1,000 times more power than the Sun does at all wavelengths.
My response! The flares are coming from a black hole that is dumping its contents into the nebula, just as it dumped the pulsar there. The pulsar and the surroundings are illuminated by the castings of the black hole, otherwise, the crab nebulas pulsar should illuminate the whole area like that, all the time.
The swirling motion also matches the small end of a black hole, that grows larger as it extends away from the black hole.
A black hole is feeding this nebula, that's why it keeps expanding, while it retains its shape, even after a thousand years, where the matter is supposedly moving away from the neutron, since the blast.
Nothing in the nebula has been shown to cause flares and the scientists claim to be puzzled by that. The blue picture at the website given, shows by its design, that it is being fed, because without being fed, the pulsar would have dust and gas, equally distributed around the pulsar.

"Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to take you to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction,'cause I don't." - Marvin

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139463 Jun 27, 2013
The more that people prove them wrong, the more people they send to use their childishness against you. They also use harsher language and lie more.
They offer nothing of value, they are worth nothing.

"I have a million ideas, but, they all point to certain death." - Marvin

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139464 Jun 27, 2013
If you've read my work, just pass by. The Evo morons keep complaining that I keep posting it and they are right, but then go through this entire thread and see the thousands of times they have said the same exact things, about the same exact subjects, because they have nothing else.

You mean we CONSISTENTLY respond to your posts with actual (reality based) science?!

Horrors!

" I've calculated your chance of survival, but I don't think you'll like it. " - Marvin

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139465 Jun 27, 2013
Seeing back in time
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.
Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.
That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light, but science proves how much light breaks down in its retro reflector test from the earth to the moon and back. Science itself declares that the further away light gets from its source, the more it breaks down, but science proves how much light breaks down in its retro reflector test from the earth to the moon and back. Science itself declares that the further away light gets from its source, the more it breaks down.

"I'd make a suggestion, but you wouldn't listen. No one ever does." - Marvin
Mugwump

Rochdale, UK

#139466 Jun 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to take you to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction,'cause I don't." - Marvin
Respect

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#139467 Jun 27, 2013
the dark lord wrote:
<quoted text>
black holes are black suns. Period.
They prefer to be called "African-American suns."

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#139468 Jun 27, 2013
Seeing back in time
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
The ability to make shit up isn't the same as science. Why do you think that it is?

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#139469 Jun 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability to make shit up isn't the same as science. Why do you think that it is?

Because that would mean the bible is correct.

“A belief is formed personally.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Not forced.

#139470 Jun 27, 2013
Dr. Stephen Meyer - Genetics Proves Design and Disproves Evolution

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#139471 Jun 27, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =40cOy-i_7zMXX

Hysterical. Truly very funny.

Meyer, as you must know, is not longer a real scientist but a fundy spokesperson. His last attempt at publishing science (what real scientists do) was rejected for not meeting scientific standards.

Since then he has been a spokesmodel for the DI (a disreputable, antiscience colloquium of discredited scientists who are willing to sell out to the ID movement in order to make a lot of easy money.

To rake in more bucks he wrote a pop pseudoscience book "The Signature in the cell" which was wildly discredited.

He does a good job with the video, however. You almost believe he is serious at times.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#139472 Jun 27, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =40cOy-i_7zMXX
To quote replaytime, also known as my bitch, all I had to see was who uploaded that video.

You obviously are not too familiar with YouTube. That video was uploaded by Nehpelimfree. He is crazier than any person on this thread, and that is saying a HELL OF A LOT!!!

You should be aware of your source.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#139473 Jun 27, 2013
Man-on-Fire wrote:

Level 2

Not forced.

#139474 Jun 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
To quote replaytime, also known as my bitch, all I had to see was who uploaded that video.
You obviously are not too familiar with YouTube. That video was uploaded by Nehpelimfree. He is crazier than any person on this thread, and that is saying a HELL OF A LOT!!!
You should be aware of your source.
What are you talking about. It does not matter who uploaded a video. The person that uploads a video has nothing to do with the credit or dis-credit of it.

Level 2

Not forced.

#139475 Jun 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c7AihnLbw1EXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 min Richardfs 20,200
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr ATHEOI 45,414
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 hr Blitzking 209,420
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr Shavin Marvin 152,069
America evolving into lockdown on purpose 15 hr One way or another 66
New law to further hatred towards police 23 hr One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner 23 hr One way or another 4
More from around the web